Moussa Dembele

MacMUFC

...I think this guy is top drawer. Definitely one to keep an eye on as he is only 23. Anyone else seen the guy play? He, along with Cheick Tiote have surprised me this season, but every time i've Dembele play, i've been very impressed. He reminds me of David Silva, actually.

Anyone else think he might be good enough for a Top 4 team in the future?

Ekeke

Yes, he's looked quality since his debut. Was out for a while with injury though, a few games back now and back to his best today

MacMUFC

I agree. I don't think he is right for United though.
Thats the only problem, because he's the type of player that would fit in a 4-4-1-1 ala Van Der Vaart, or a 4-3-3. Its difficult to imagine him in a 4-4-2, which is our main system and it seems Fergie doesnt fancy 'AM' type players.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
A quality player. I was surprised he signed for Fulham when he did.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I guess he's back from his injury then at did well against Tottenham in the cup?

Devil may care

I remember him being linked with Arsenal a while ago, didn't realize he was still so young. His goal today was class and he looked a real handful up front.

Robbie Boy

Yeah he does look a good player, cracking goal yesterday. He seems to be getting stronger with every game now that he is back from his injury

Hellboy

I like him. Motm for me against Chelsea. Very skillful, works very hard, teams like Spurs or Liverpool and even Arsenal or Chelsea could do worse that sign him

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Yup, great player. Not Old Trafford material, possibly, but I really really like him.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
First time I've seen him in centre midfield, really impressed me with his tackling and work-rate, allied to his skill.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He hasn't been playing much as a striker this season. That's why he's been scoring less. He almost played like a box-to-box midfielder against Chelsea.
He didn't score while playing as a striker either.

Not much end product, lots of neat turns. Not really coming to anything.

Similar to Ruiz.

forevrared

When I was in the newbs there was some Belgian poster that would rave about Dembele every time anyone brought up Lukaku or Witsel or Defour, saying Dembele was the best of the lot. Whether or not he ends up being better than those mentioned, he's proving himself to be a fine player this year.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Similar to Ruiz.
Didn't Dembele break his leg last season?

He started very well and then slightly faded away before getting injured. The lack of goals seems to be something Jol knows about and has therefor changed his role. He's not the one that's supposed to score them anymore. The main striker and Dempsey are the top 2 goal getters.
Hangeland scored the 2nd most goals last season for Fulham but so far he hasn't gotten any this season.

Fulham really should be doing better. But their squad seem to be more flair than end product. They need to have someone better than Etuhu and not have Riise or Senderos. To prone to mistakes their back four is.

Fiskey

Similar to Ruiz.
I think today's performance may suggest that its because he's not a striker.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I think today's performance may suggest that its because he's not a striker.
Well, he's certainly not a winger. And definately not a midfielder. I'd say he's a wide forward, or a forward. Who does not produce.

Too much dilly-dally on the ball, just like Ruiz. No real penetration or threat.

Skholesy

I thought Belgium were going to be one of the teams to watch, with players like Kompany, Vermaelen, Van Buyten, Vertonghen, Witsel, Defour, Hazard, Dembele....

Then i saw they didn't qualify for Euro 2012....some of their players overrated?

Fiskey

Well, he's certainly not a winger. And definately not a midfielder. I'd say he's a wide forward, or a forward. Who does not produce.

Too much dilly-dally on the ball, just like Ruiz. No real penetration or threat.
If he plays like he did against Chelsea (I realise its only one game) then his best position without doubt is centre midfield.

Fiskey

We've got to get this guy imo. He's found his position, he's a centre midfielder and he's got all the technical ability in the world. Excluding the ungettables such as Bale and Modric he should be our number 1 target this summer.

Ekeke

I've been watching him carefully in the first half today as the idea of him playing central midfield is very interesting. He's again shown that he has some of the best footwork and dribbling in the league and using that footwork he makes really nice angles to thread balls into players. And he has the composure of the likes of Xavi and Iniesta with the ball at his feet.

On the downside he has areas he could vastly improve in if he's going to be a top central midfielder. One is making himself available for a pass to always stay active in a match and the other is his closing down.

If he works hard at improving these areas and continues to play in Fulham's CM for the rest of the season (and maybe more) and he brings these skills to the average/good level of top CMs then Fiskey might be right above. He could be a real beast playing from this position and bound for one of the top teams.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think he's bound to join one of the bigger clubs eventually. I've watched him as often as I could since he's come to the Premiership, since we were linked with him previously. I've always been impressed by him, but this makes me wonder what he is doing in the rest of the games as he doesn't get much of a mention.

His transformation into a CM has gone well and he is showing much improved work rate since the first time I saw him.

Ekeke

Well the problem was that he was playing in a front position and not producing often enough. Consistancy was the problem, he always had the ability and was good for a few moments of quality.

Some players eventually get that consistancy, like Silva has improved his. Dembele hasnt really, but now that they've moved him into central midfield productivity is less of an issue

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Fantastic today, hardly gave the ball away and while Pogrebnyak & Dempsey will get the headlines (maybe even Johnson for setting up two of them) Dembele was my MOTM.

Always impresses me this lad, wonder what his level is?

gza the genius

He's excellent, would be a very good cheapish alternative for our CM.
Agreed, he's impressed every time I've seen him play this season. He would offer us what Giggs did last season in center mid, a player capable of taking people on through dribbling. If we did get him I still think we'd need a defensive player, a Martinez or M'Vila type.

Fiskey

Still gonna say it, great player, found his position and definitely should be looked at in the summer.

Fulham got 18 points from the first 17 games of the season but since he's been playing central midfield they have got 32 from the next 19.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
He was great tonight I thought, he's so composed in possession it's unreal, even when he's getting crowded out he just dribbles his way out of it really comfortably. Always uses the ball well to and rarely gives it away. With his ability to run with the ball and play good passes he'd be a good alternative to Anderson. Dembele ahead of Carrick would be great in possession, don't imagine he'd be too expensive either and he definitely had the potential to improve further. Would be a pretty astute signing IMO.

He needs to wise up a bit defensively though, left space for Spearing and Shelvey too often tonight.