Votes: 251 73.6%
  • Sack

Votes: 90 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Now, I reckon we give him at least two seasons and, to be honest, I find the idea of sacking him now a bit ridiculous but it seems quite a few of you feel differently and want a poll.

Those in favour of sticking, how long do we give him and what should he be judged on?

Those in favour of sacking, who do you think we could bring in? Do you think we should give Giggs the job until summer? There's nobody else really?

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Yeah, let's sack him with no decent replacements about and have Steve Round and Phil shitting Neville as the two most senior coaching staff at the club...

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He has at least 18 months left before sacking becomes a potential solution (if necessary in 18 months)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Head says give him 12 months (summer window and half a season) just in case he is actually cut out for it (unlikely)

Heart says get your filthy Gollum fingers off our non existent war chest.
:lol:

Stick imo.

Amir

Head says give him 12 months (summer window and half a season) just in case he is actually cut out for it (unlikely)

Heart says get your filthy Gollum fingers off our non existent war chest.
It's the other way around for me. Heart says - keep him. I like the guy, and I don't want to see us sacking a manager after six months.

Head says - it's pointless, he's the wrong man and prolonging it will do us and him no good at all.

Red Stone

The moment 4th becomes mathematically impossible is the moment I hit 'sack' on this poll.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He needs to be given another summer transfer window and presuming he spends at least another season to see what he can do with an improved squad. This time next year/Summer 2015 is the earliest I would re-evaluate (unless of course we look doomed for relegation)

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Give him the whole season, if we don't get 4th then I say sack.

Steven Seagull

It's the other way around for me. Hearts says - keep him. I like the guy, and I don't want to see us sacking a manager after six months.

Head says - it's pointless, he's the wrong man and prolonging it will do us and him no good at all.
Yeah I think you might be right there. I like him and feel a bit sorry for him, I just can't envisage a time when David Moyes takes us to the summit of English and European football.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
League cup, QF/SF of the champions league and 4th would be a marvellous rescue job from here.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Sack now? No.

Poor results all around come the summer(no 4th spot, out Carling Cup by Sunderland, Out by Olympiakos)? Yes. IN fact failing to make 4th would be just as bad as those two other results.

The sad thing is I would feel indifferent should he leave tomorrow, the amount of times I have expected a rise out of the ashes, and we have shrivelled every time.

KiD MoYeS

A lot rests on the summer now, for me. This season is a write off already so I'd like to see who he can bring in to turn it around. If we've had another ineffective summer and next season starts similarly to this I'd shaft him this time next year.

finneh

I said it in the other thread: in my mind he has 8 Premier League games (which include Arsenal, Chelsea & City) and the Cup games to show some kind of progression/vision/tactics.

If he screws this up (gets < 17 points and/or gets knocked out by Sunderland/Olympiacos) or shows no sign of progression then I feel we need to get someone else in. Give the new guy 10 winnable games to get fourth and a few months to get to know the club before having a transfer window to shake things up.

The last thing we want is sacking him after the last game of the season when he finishes 6th, taking 2 months to appoint someone new and screwing up another transfer window.

Mersault

stick. barring a miracle, find an adequate replacement in the summer.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Stick, but if we keep losing games he can't last, if he fails to make the top 4 I would be in favour of him being fired.

If he can turn this around it will go down as a truly amazing. Massive club shows patience and it all works out would be out of this world

Sauxees Moi Hui

For me, Moyes must be sacked if we fail to finish in the top four. The question to be asked now is whether we have a realistic chance of finishing in the top four under Moyes. I am still not decided on that one.

But how about this alternative? Hiddink is out of a job right now. Also, surely Capello can be persuaded to take over for a year or two after the World Cup. Neither is exactly young, but either could steady the ship for a year or two while we formulate a better long-term strategy and freshen up our squad.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He needs to be given another summer transfer window and presuming he spends at least another season to see what he can do with an improved squad. This time next year/Summer 2015 is the earliest I would re-evaluate (unless of course we look doomed for relegation)
Exactamundo.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
If we were Chel$ki he would have been fired today. We are not Chel$ki, thankfully.

cj_sparky

I am resigned to the fact regardless how poorly he does this season, that he will not be sacked. I didn't really want him, but everyone deserves a chance, the only reason I feel inclined to get behind him is because he was Sir Alex's choice and because of the rousing leaving speech about "Backing your new manager".

Before the season started I thought he deserved a couple of seasons, which includes four transfer windows and evaluate then. But this season has been so dire, it is hard to defend him. Granted not all his fault, players need to take a portion of the blame and also the board for not securing any decent targets in the summer.

My head says give him time, but my heart says he will never be good enough.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Stick. If he can't get us 4th then get rid before he wastes more of our money on Fellaini-standard footballers.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'd give him until halfway through next season. By then he'll have had three transfer windows and one and a half years to get things the way he wants them, so he couldn't complain that he wasn't given time. I'd want us to look like challenging for the title by then with a better team and playing better football.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I do believe I do concur.

MG

If we were Chel$ki he would have been fired today. We are not Chel$ki, thankfully.
Chelsea and Man City would have sacked him weeks ago.

We're not them (we're an actual big club), but we're also below both of them right now. Fighting for 4th place is just not Manchester United (well, not for the last 2 decades). We used to laugh at Liverpool for only having the top 4 to fight for.

OJKernow

I said from the start he needs two seasons and the financial backing of the board to even have half a chance.

Despite the recent poor performances and results I would like to see us stick by that. Give him another full summer to try and turn the squad into 'his' team and see what he can do.

If we're out of the major competitions by Feb/March next year and still don't look like improving to get top 4 then I would consider getting rid early to allow a new man to come in and familiarise himself with everything before the Summer.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
More clubs than just Chelsea would've sacked him by now. I actually think most United fans have been very understanding so far.

hp88

I wonder how Arsenal would've approached this, there's no doubting Chelsea and City would've sacked him by now.
Liverpool held onto Rodgers and it seems to have worked out well for them, I am sure scousers must have been calling for his head last season.

KiD MoYeS

I'd say they'd still have him, but they would probably be considering sacking him by now, whereas I don't think we are.
I'm worried our apparent loyalty to the long term manager could be as much a hindrance as anything else.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'd stick with him this season, let him have the summer window then make the stock/sack decision in December 2014. However, if we finish out of the top 4 and we're still playing dire football then I think the Glazers might take action in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.