MSC Final

PS18

knowing the club we'll probably be informed about a half-hour before kick-off

westlife4ever

Bolton reserves has won the title.

the Red Devils do still have a chance of silverware this season as they do battle with City in the Manchester Senior Cup final.

Cup holders United will host their local rivals at Old Trafford on Wednesday, 8 May for a 7:30pm kick off.

PS18

the 8th is a Tuesday, no? would prefer it to be the Tuesday rather than clashing with the Chelsea game on the Wednesday.

westlife4ever

Yes, 8th is a Tuesday... I didn't notice this error made by the official website... what the hell are the employees there thinking about???

PS18

they've now corrected it and thankfully the game is on Tuesday 8th, 7.30pm kickoff.

PS18

blimey, the official site has deigned to give some information:

Reserves chase silverware

Just days after the first team sealed the Premiership title, United's Reserves will aim to clinch more silverware in the Manchester Senior Cup Final on Tuesday night.

Having beaten Oldham in last year's final, United will be looking to retain the trophy against their local rivals at Old Trafford.

Tuesday night's showdown is the third time in four years United and City have contested the final, with the last meeting swaying the way of City in May 2005.

Brian McClair and Jim Ryan have named a familiar-looking side for the encounter, with Tom Heaton in goal behind a back-four of Richard Eckersley, James Chester, Michael Lea and Sean Evans.

Jamie Mullan and Michael Barnes occupy the wings, Floribert Ngalula and Sam Hewson fill the central midfield berths and Phil Marsh partners Aaron Burns upfront.

The match, which kicks off at 7:30pm, will be shown live on MUTV from 7pm.

United: Heaton; Eckersley, Chester, Lea, S Evans; Mullan, Hewson, Ngalula, Barnes; Marsh, Burns.
Substitutes: Brandy, Crockett, Fagan.
last game in United colours for a few of that lot then i guess, hopefully they can go out with a win/trophy.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
yeah, mullan, burns and marsh are as good as gone. this might turn out to be the biggest match of the remainder of their careers, if the leeds rumours are to be believed :smirk:

make us proud one last time, lads, and all the best for the future

kevg

HT: United 0 - City 1

Sturridge penalty after 4 minutes after James Chester was harshly adjudged to have fouled in the box. Galbraith and Drinkwater are on the bench in addition to the line-up from the official site. The game is live on MUTV for anyone interested.

narnar

Needs Help
What are your opinion's on Ngalula?

I heard he was a good prospect but got injured and this may have hindered his development.

kevg

Sturridge penalty after 4 minutes after James Chester was harshly adjudged to have fouled in the box. Galbraith and Drinkwater are on the bench in addition to the line-up from the official site. The game is live on MUTV for anyone interested.
FT: United 1 - City 3

United brought on Brandy for Marsh with half an hour left and started to look more dangerous. They were soon rewarded as Burns played a neat through ball for Michael Barnes to score with a good finish at the Stredford end.

United's defence went to sleep four minutes later to allow Laird a free header to put City back in front. Fagan and Galbraith were introduced for Ngulala and Burns in the last ten minutes as United looked to salvage the game.

City sealed the game in stoppage time as United pushed everyone forward for a free kick allowing Marshall to run clear and slot past Heaton. It completed a dissapointing night for United, and in all honesty a deserved win for City.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
thanks, mate. that sucks though. were there any good performances?

ruudvantastic

I remember seeing that Sturridge in the Nike Premier Cup final at Old Trafford as the warm up to PSV v Boca, which was the game before we were due to play Urawa Reds in the Vodafone Cup thingy that was cancelled due to thunder a few years ago.

I remember thinking he looked like a very good player at the time. At the time, I thought we should've tried to poach him as he looked much better than anything we had at that level. Has he progressed much?

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I remember seeing that Sturridge in the Nike Premier Cup final at Old Trafford as the warm up to PSV v Boca, which was the game before we were due to play Urawa Reds in the Vodafone Cup thingy that was cancelled due to thunder a few years ago.

I remember thinking he looked like a very good player at the time. At the time, I thought we should've tried to poach him as he looked much better than anything we had at that level. Has he progressed much?
KK was tellin me sturridge looks like he could turn into a very good little player

think chelsea were sniffing around him

kevg

thanks, mate. that sucks though. were there any good performances?
Poor performance really but Jamie Mullan was our biggest threat. For me our best player was probably James Chester. He has impressed me of late.