MSC: United Reserves vs. Oldham

gooDevil

Worst scout ever

VS

Manchester Senior Cup
Kick-off: Wednesday, 6 February, 7:00 PM GMT

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
United: Johnstone, Veseli, Vermijl, Fornasier, Brown, Ekangamene, Cole, Tunnicliffe, Cofie(!), Januzaj, Lingard

Young team!

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Who partnered Fornasier last time, Veseli? Or was it Brown? I believe the match report suggested Veseli, but i can't see how he would be ahead of Thorpe.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Pearson on the bench :drool: good to see van Velzen in the fold, will be interesting to see how he steps up to the u21 team now.

Edit: just noticed it said Sam Pearson and not Ben, who's that?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I've been wanting to ask myself, seems to me his projected return date was around now.
We just need to be patient as we can't take a risk with a long term injury like this.He'll be fine, I'm sure he's doing some easy running and getting strength into his leg

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Pearson on the bench :drool: good to see van Velzen in the fold, will be interesting to see how he steps up to the u21 team now.

Edit: just noticed it said Sam Pearson and not Ben, who's that?
No idea. I'm thinking it's Ben and someone screwed up.

Any streams? All the usual places seem to have dropped this one for the internationals.

Beachryan

Hrm, normal sources for rivers not looking great. Any ideas would love a PM...will do the same if I can find one.

Beachryan

Grumble, looking like no way to watch this one, outside of having the actual channel off Sky.

voland

Checked every site I know and they're all busy showing the international friendlies. If some obscure hipster channel decides to broadcast it, please let me know, ta!

Forevergiggs

No streams for the game today? All the usual places are dominated by streams for International friendlies. :(

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
We just played a beautiful piece of play just there passing in triangles with Januzaj at the heart of the move.

Forevergiggs

From @mrmujac

30 mins and Cole gives #mufc the lead with a shot across the keeper from about 15 yards...1-0

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
5-0 Januzaj.

Lingard, Cole and Adnan have been fantastic. Way too easy for them.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
FT 7-0. Cole x4, Januzaj, Lingard, Vermijl.

Poor Oldham side but a good performance nonetheless.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Res: United 7 Oldham 0

United's Reserves went goal crazy at Moss Lane as Oldham were hammered 7-0 in the Manchester Senior Cup with Larnell Cole helping himself to four of them.

Perhaps taking out some of the frustration caused by so many postponements since the turn of the year, Warren Joyce's side followed up the win at Southampton on Saturday with a devastating display. Jesse Lingard, Adnan Januzaj and Marnick Vermijl joined Cole on the scoresheet to rack up a resounding win.

Vermijl almost scored early on but his fellow Belgian Januzaj showed up best in the opening exchanges with one fine pass picking out John Cofie, who could only fire wide. The deadlock was broken after half an hour when Cole shot across Luke Simpson after a scrappy passage of play ended with a one-two between the wide man and Lingard.

The lead was doubled 10 minutes later when a loose clearance fell to Lingard inside the 'D' and he lashed home superbly with his right foot. The second half became even more one-sided with Cole nudging home his second following nice work by Januzaj, Ryan Tunnicliffe and Cofie.

Cole completed his hat-trick after Frederic Veseli unselfishly squared to tee up a simple finish and Januzaj made it two in two games on a personal level by controlling a Veseli cross and belting a low shot under Simpson to make it 5-0. The Reds kept up the pressure as some trickery down the left by Gyliano van Velzen allowed Vermijl to crash home and Cole added his fourth after a superb pass by Oldham-born youngster Ben Pearson fed the rampaging right-back Veseli.

The woodwork twice denied the hosts in the dying seconds through Januzaj and Vermijl's deflected cross with Simpson somehow saving the rebound from van Velzen.

www.manutd.com

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
This is what I got for the assists, based on the match report. If anyone knows which of Cofie, Tunnicliffe or Januzaj fed Cole for our 3rd goal (his 2nd) in the 53rd minute please let me know!

Cole 30' (Lingard), Lingard 40', Cole 53' (?), Cole 62' (Veseli), Januzaj 68' (Veseli), Vermijl 82' (Van Velzen), Cole 84' (Veseli)

Cevno

It seems someone had uploaded highlights on Youtube but it's been taken down. :(