MU Tour 2024 - Back to the US

I find pre season tours utterly pointless from a sporting fitness point of view. Most of the games are played with youth/u21 playing squad and the first 11 spend long days travelling around the country only to be match unfit when the PL gets going, and terrible performances until game 6/7. I'd rather they stay at Carrington and actually work on their fitness.

But given the money involved, I don't expect that to happen anytime soon!

Football at a Rugby Stadium?
United played at Murrayfield last pre-season and Ibrox is having works done in the summer so probably the best possible venue for it in Scotland (Hampden is a midden). The ticket prices are extortionate for a friendly though. Probably hoping to draw in the tourists.

Looking forward to this :D

EDIT - actually having checked the ticket prices, maybe not :o

That's the insane part. Yes, Manchester United don't come to these places often (speaking more to the USA and Asia tours), but I still don't think it justifies these tickets prices for preseason warm up games. Lower level tickets for Los Angeles are priced at $500. That just bonkers.

July 27 at Sofi Stadium looks pretty tasty, even if it’s fringe v fringe.
yeah, i have not been to that stadium but people rave about it.
get to see some united players
get some nice merch
get to check out the stadium
eat junky snacks
all in all i'm looking forward to it. :devil:

Which United player are the plastics gonna boo out of the stadium this year?

My guess is whoever The United Stand are vilifying and scapegoating this year..

So can fans watch the training sessions at all??? I’ll be in San Diego now in late July but can’t make the match

"Kobbie Mainoo, Luke Shaw, Joshua Zirkzee, Lisandro Martinez, Alejandro Garnacho and Facundo Pellistri will not be involved in the USA tour."

Apparently these won't be going, from @ChrisWheelerDM on twitter/X(whatever you want to call it). Can't post links yet but yeah.

I understand Mainoo, Martinez and Pellistri.
But Shaw, Zirksee and Garnacho didn't get many minutes this summer.

"Kobbie Mainoo, Luke Shaw, Joshua Zirkzee, Lisandro Martinez, Alejandro Garnacho and Facundo Pellistri will not be involved in the USA tour."

Apparently these won't be going, from @ChrisWheelerDM on twitter/X(whatever you want to call it). Can't post links yet but yeah.

Minutes is irrelevant. Players have to get minimum 3 weeks off in the summer.

Looks like it's just players who were involved in semis and finals of their international tournaments.

Makes sense.
As was mentioned somewhere before - even though you didn't play, you where in the call or at the office and ready to go.
It was no rest for them. Let them have it.

They were training throughout. Intense training. Period. Doesn't matter if they played an actual game.

I’m a bit worried shaw will pull a hamstring trying to get onto a lilo, tricky feckers to mount especially after a paella and few beers.

Amass is going to have to play a lot, unless we use Dalot at LB again.

Onana
AWB Yoro Maguire Dalot
Casemiro Mount
Amad Bruno Rashford
Hojlund

Guessing the line up will be something along those lines for the community shield

It has just occured to me - have we ever sold players whilst they're on tour with us in the US/Asia or do we reckon any transfers involving Casemiro, Mctominay etc will be put on hold until we return to the UK?

It has just occured to me - have we ever sold players whilst they're on tour with us in the US/Asia or do we reckon any transfers involving Casemiro, Mctominay etc will be put on hold until we return to the UK?

Pretty sure we had someone sold almost immediately after landing out on tour. Perhaps Elanga? Can't remember for certain but I'm sure it has happened.

Pretty sure we had someone sold almost immediately after landing out on tour. Perhaps Elanga? Can't remember for certain but I'm sure it has happened.
Player sales are nowhere near as memorable as transfers in. I know it's straightforward enough to fly them home if we receive a suitable offer but I genuinely cannot recall it happening before. Maybe you're right with Elanga.

They were training throughout. Intense training. Period. Doesn't matter if they played an actual game.

I can't imagine its that intense when you have a game every few days after a full season.

If I was Zirkzee, a young lad, just joined United, opportunity to go on tour and experience that, I'd be there. Fairly bold move to not bother.

Shaw should be there as well. He's had loads of time off. Sure he got a few holidays in during that time.

I can't imagine its that intense when you have a game every few days after a full season.

If I was Zirkzee, a young lad, just joined United, opportunity to go on tour and experience that, I'd be there. Fairly bold move to not bother.

Shaw should be there as well. He's had loads of time off. Sure he got a few holidays in during that time.
Yeah I agree to be honest, I think both Zirkzee and Shaw should be on the tour, are Bruno and Hojlund there? If so these two should be as well.

GOALKEEPERS
Tom Heaton
Dermot Mee
Andre Onana
Radek Vitek

DEFENDERS
Harry Amass
Rhys Bennett
Jonny Evans
Will Fish
Victor Lindelof
Harry Maguire
Sam Murray
Aaron Wan-Bissaka
Leny Yoro

MIDFIELDERS
Casemiro
Toby Collyer
Christian Eriksen
Hannibal
Jack Fletcher
Sam Mather
Scott McTominay
Mason Mount
Maxi Oyedele
James Scanlon

FORWARDS
Antony
Amad
Rasmus Hojlund
Marcus Rashford
Jadon Sancho
Ethan Wheatley

Recent signing Joshua Zirkzee is not part of the squad as he continues to take his summer break following Euro 2024.

Altay Bayindir, Diogo Dalot, Bruno Fernandes, Alejandro Garnacho, Kobbie Mainoo, Lisandro Martinez, Facundo Pellistri and Luke Shaw are also on leave following their international exploits.

Tyrell Malacia is absent from the squad as he continues his rehabilitation from injury under the guidance of medical staff at Carrington.

I can understand the teams in semi's and final, but surely Bruno and Dalot could join the tour later. It always worries me, I suppose it is the same for other teams as well, that we will again look a bit disjointed. It will be interesting to see how the kids do over there. Hope some are ready to step up to the first team squad.

I can understand the teams in semi's and final, but surely Bruno and Dalot could join the tour later. It always worries me, I suppose it is the same for other teams as well, that we will again look a bit disjointed. It will be interesting to see how the kids do over there. Hope some are ready to step up to the first team squad.

It’s very much possible that Bruno and Dalot join the squad after the Arsenal game.