Other MUDS

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Hi - in the Cyberpunk thread I mentioned a MUD I play - have been playing it for probably 15 years or more now.

Got me wondering firstly how many people nowadays are even aware of what a MUD is or have ever played one?

They are free and fantastic fun. In an era of indie old-school gaming popularity I'm hoping for a MUD comeback.

If anybody is looking for one to try - I would highly recommend checking out Abandoned Realms - it's a PK MUD (player killing) in a fantasy realm. Hard-core full-looting, cabals, etc. all the good stuff.

NotworkSte

Hi - in the Cyberpunk thread I mentioned a MUD I play - have been playing it for probably 15 years or more now.

Got me wondering firstly how many people nowadays are even aware of what a MUD is or have ever played one?

They are free and fantastic fun. In an era of indie old-school gaming popularity I'm hoping for a MUD comeback.

If anybody is looking for one to try - I would highly recommend checking out Abandoned Realms - it's a PK MUD (player killing) in a fantasy realm. Hard-core full-looting, cabals, etc. all the good stuff.
Never really got into muds. I did run a telnet based bbs for a while, and programmed for another one, way back in late 90s when at university.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Can you get caught by a new player or having played so long is that impossible?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Can you get caught by a new player or having played so long is that impossible?
You certainly can yeah - some classes are extremely strong at certain levels so even an experienced player can get caught with their pants down if they are not careful. Having said that it does take a bit of time and experience to get used to the layout of the realms and to understand the skills and classes.