Mulensteen moving back to England?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
i heard he'll move back to manchester after being sacked at brøndby. any truth to this? if so - is there any talk of him coming back to carrington? tony?

Tribec

Though nothing has been stated by the club and Tony may well have some more information on this, but we've still not got a manager for the reserve team this year. McClair is only in charge until we found someone else.

Rene's resignation, and return to Manchester has sparked the rumour mill and will continue to do so till a official announcement has been made. For me though it wouldn't suprise me to see him return. In a similar fashion to Carlos, Fergie and the players have great respect for Rene, and if he wants his old job back I'm sure that Fergie would be more than happy to take him back.

PS18

Rene wasn't sacked afaik, he resigned as he and his family were unsettled in Denmark and missing England, which in itself is promising in terms of a potential return. The players clearly loved him and the results of the reserves under him spoke for themselves, so I hope we get him back in.

PS18

from last week:

Meulensteen back at OT

FORMER reserve team manager Rene Meulensteen has returned to Old Trafford to become technical skills development coach.

Meulensteen left his position as coach of Danish club Brondby at the beginning of the month.

"We are delighted to have Rene rejoining us," said boss Sir Alex Ferguson. "I am glad he will continue to develop the technical ability of all footballers at the club."