Mum who murdered daughters jailed for life with minimum of 32 years

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea

Bojan11

And where was the father, the extended family?
I read nothing of a psych Evaluation of the mother...
Easy to call her cold blooded.
Yes it is easy to call her that because that’s what she is.

Let’s not blame this on another mental illness. Some people are pure evil and she is one of them.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Those poor girls :( wtf is wrong with people?

Why couldn't she give them to the father or put them up for adoption or something.

I genuinely have no idea how people can be so heartless.

UweBein

Supports
Chelsea
Well..........she did say that she murdered her kids because they got in the way of her sex life.
And why is there no child welfare in the UK that could have prevented the death of the second child?

UweBein

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure what you're point is. Any failings of the state in this case wouldn't negate from the fact that she's a cold and calculated sociopath.
You can say that if you need to get it off your chest. I will not argue against that.
All I am saying is that she has not been living on a lonely island. There was a dead child, there was a funeral and two weeks later another. What a moronic, cold blooded society.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I presume she'll be put in isolation.

Not sure this kind of lowlife deserves protection.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And where was the father, the extended family?
I read nothing of a psych Evaluation of the mother...
Easy to call her cold blooded.

I work in mental health and unless you are actively psychotic with command hallucinations (very rare) you are still fully in control of your actions - no suggestion here of any psychosis, in fact that both children were killed with 2 weeks or so between each death suggests controlled action.

Whether the father is around or not does not excuse what this woman did. She is absolutely a cold blooded murder and should be in jail for the rest of her life.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And why is there no child welfare in the UK that could have prevented the death of the second child?
If there had been evidence of a crime at the time of the first death then police and social services would have immediately been involved. Very easy to point fingers with hindsight.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Hope she rots away.

Who would want to shag that mole anyway?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Terrible. If peóple don't want to be parents they can at least give them up for adoption. Then she wouldn't have to spend the rest of her life in prison anyway. The world really is a fecked up place.

Mihai

If there had been evidence of a crime at the time of the first death then police and social services would have immediately been involved. Very easy to point fingers with hindsight.
Judging by the articles, both children had "symptoms of consistent and deliberate airway obstruction", so there was evidence after the first death.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Judging by the articles, both children had "symptoms of consistent and deliberate airway obstruction", so there was evidence after the first death.
Clearly not enough for the police to do anything though.

hobbers

There was evidence before the first death, one of the kids had to be resuscitated at hospital after an earlier attempt to kill them.

Some of the other stuff as well... witnessed laughing in the funeral parlour after the first died, a couple of days before she killed the second. 41 friend requests on various dating sites accepted during the time she was murdering them. Taking nude photos of herself in the hospital bathroom just after the death of the second.

Not mentally ill but surely must have an intellectual disability.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Not mentally ill but surely must have an intellectual disability.
I hope one or the other is the case; otherwise it's yet another example of the increasing detachment/absence of empathy in society.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Hang the evil bitch.

Surely it should be a minimum of 32 years per murder? 16 years for killing each child is pathetic.

A life sentence should mean you die in prison regardless of your age.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
I work in mental health and unless you are actively psychotic with command hallucinations (very rare) you are still fully in control of your actions - no suggestion here of any psychosis, in fact that both children were killed with 2 weeks or so between each death suggests controlled action.

Whether the father is around or not does not excuse what this woman did. She is absolutely a cold blooded murder and should be in jail for the rest of her life.
Indeed. Speaking as a schizophrenic who fecking hates this shit being called up by people who haven't experienced it to excuse stuff.

Chairman Woodie

A callous, selfish individual with no empathy.

I am surprised to learn she is only 23. I thought she was older.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
So, so sad. Such beautiful children with their whole lives ahead of them.

Why not just give them up for adoption if she wanted them out of her life...?

Clearly mentally ill imo.

And given that the youngest daughter was 17 months old, is Post Natal Depression not a likely factor...?

Please note - the fact I believe that she's mentally ill and that PND could have played a role doesn't mean that I think she should get sympathy or less time inside - if anything, it should be more, but in a mental unit, as I don't think she's sane.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

And given that the youngest daughter was 17 months old, is Post Natal Depression not a likely factor...?

Please note - the fact I believe that she's mentally ill and that PND could have played a role doesn't mean that I think she should get sympathy or less time inside - if anything, it should be more, but in a mental unit, as I don't think she's sane.
She seems more a completely selfish, unintelligent, vile, incompetent and irresponsible person then someone suffering with post natal depression. Either way there’s no excuse and she deserves the sentence she got. She’s on a par with serial killers and child rapists. Chances are she might have some sort of hospitalisation during her time in jail, especially if she is kept in isolation for long periods of time for her own safety.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Not mentally ill, just evil.

LARulz

This is an eerily similar motive to the Casey Anthony trial.
That one still baffles me. She was found not guilty but because everyone the entire time said she was with all this evidence (search history etc. I think) it seemed impossible she wouldn't be locked away. Was it a technicality that her lawyers found or was there actual evidence she had no involvement but media's thirst for blood led to biased coverage?

Either way, I think she's living in Florida and seems mostly forgotten about. Thankfully this woman will be forgotten about but be in prison and hopefully suffer those consequences

Marcelinho87

I would say somebody who is evil isn't quite all there so still would fall under the mentally ill, no?

So many different branches of mental illness that people seem to think when you call a murderer/rapist mentally ill that we have to have sympathy for them or look to help.

This woman in my opinion is definitely mentally ill/unstable but not the type you can help or reform just the type you need to lock away, for life.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
She suffers from some kind of mental illnesses and/or personality disorder to commit such heinous crimes against her own daughters without any sense of remorse or emotional response.

The reality is prisons are full of these people to a varying degree and instead of our ire they deserve at least some semblance of understanding. Perhaps not deserve, actually, but should get it all the same.

Perhaps if we spent less money on arms, brexit and even prisons and more money on mental health services, our prisons would be almost empty.

The behaviour she exhibited and continues to exhibit doesn’t come from nowhere.

Gehrman

I would say somebody who is evil isn't quite all there so still would fall under the mentally ill, no?

So many different branches of mental illness that people seem to think when you call a murderer/rapist mentally ill that we have to have sympathy for them or look to help.

This woman in my opinion is definitely mentally ill/unstable but not the type you can help or reform just the type you need to lock away, for life.
TBH although she's evil I would still say she's mentally ill. You gotta be completely fecked up in the head to do what she did although it's no excuse. In my opinon being a sociopath is being mentally ill, but it doesn't mean that the person so to speak is a victim.

AkaAkuma

Thing is, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

It's like arguing over whether someone's obese or depressed - the two can (sometimes often) connect.
The majority of anti depression drugs have a side effect of increased weight gain, rapid gain.

Gehrman

The majority of anti depression drugs have a side effect of increased weight gain, rapid gain.
They also decrease empathy by inducing flatness and apathy. They are terrible drugs for people who are agressive and borderline psychopaths. Most shootings in the US are comitted by people on antidepressants.