My First MU Women Game...

United_98

Traveling all the way from Asia for FA Youth Cup, think its worthwhile to watch my first MU Women match too

Any suggestion how to travel to the pitch from Old Trafford?
What to do around Leigh Sports Village?

1200 MU Women vs West Ham Women
Leigh Sports Village

Haven't bought my ticket yet, do you think that's still available the day before? (as I afraid my flight will delay)

Any advise would be great!

Thanks!!!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Traveling all the way from Asia for FA Youth Cup, think its worthwhile to watch my first MU Women match too

Leigh Sports Village

Haven't bought my ticket yet, do you think that's still available the day before? (as I afraid my flight will delay)

Thanks!!!
I think @jojojo might know this sort of thing?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Leigh Sports Village

Thanks!!!
Hi

Great to hear that you're coming over and that you're hoping to get to the Youth Cup and to see the women's team.

On the tickets - they're usually for sale online until matchday. On matchday you can usually buy them at the ticket office at Leigh Sports Village. I don't think you'll have a problem with the West Ham tickets. The standard ticket is only £6 though, so you could just buy in advance if you want to be sure.

Unfortunately public transport to Leigh Sports Village is not great. From Old Trafford you'd need to catch two buses - the trip takes about 90 minutes. If you're staying in Manchester it's just one bus. Are you staying at a hotel near OT?

It's worth talking to the Women's team supporters club though. Because it's not easy to get to the ground quite a few people share car space and some meet up and catch the bus together. If you ask them they may be able to put you in touch with another fan.
https://twitter.com/muw_sc
https://muwsc.co.uk/

Do you want me to repost this thread in the main forum in case anyone in the main forum can help?

Last edited:

United_98

Hi

Great to hear that you're coming over and that you're hoping to get to the Youth Cup and to see the women's team.

On the tickets - they're usually for sale online until matchday. On matchday you can usually buy them at the ticket office at Leigh Sports Village. I don't think you'll have a problem with the West Ham tickets. The standard ticket is only £6 though, so you could just buy in advance if you want to be sure.

Unfortunately public transport to Leigh Sports Village is not great. From Old Trafford you'd need to catch two buses - the trip takes about 90 minutes. If you're staying in Manchester it's just one bus. Are you staying at a hotel near OT?

It's worth talking to the Women's team supporters club though. Because it's not easy to get to the ground quite a few people share car space and some meet up and catch the bus together. If you ask them they may be able to put you in touch with another fan.

Do you want me to repost this thread in the main forum in case anyone in the main forum can help?
Thanks for the info and please help repost, sure that will help!
As I wish to get a physical ticket as a collection, perhaps getting it at LSV would be the best.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Thanks for the info and please help repost, sure that will help!
As I wish to get a physical ticket as a collection, perhaps getting it at LSV would be the best.
I don't think they do physical tickets - even at Leigh. I have a season ticket (in a QR code app on my phone) for League matches but when I bought a ticket there for a Cup match, it wasn't printed just a message to the phone with the matchday QR code. Someone else may know more though.

MUW4Eva

No physical tickets any more, that I belive stopped due to the pandemic, and it has just carried on over since.

It is a right faff sadly to get to Leigh Sports Village from Old Trafford, as you really need a car to get there, and taxis are expensive.

You will need to get a bus to the bus station than walk for about 10 or so minutes to the ground, as I regularly made this trip before J drove to games.

It would be ace if you did manage to get to the game on Sunday.

Please do let me know if you manage it.

MUW4Eva

Hi

Not too sure about the Supporters club there, as they seem a bit of a closed shop to me, and have been very unhelpful in the past, but perhaps they are more helpful towards others than myself.

Sir A1ex

Hey, I'm looking at going to my first women's match on Sunday too, and taking the kids.:)

Looking on the website, tickets only seem to be available in the South Stand. Given that I'm not expecting the Stretford End experience, I was thinking a nice central position in the East or West stands would be best view... anybody got any ideahow / if you can get tickets there?

United_98

Flying out in 13 hours… looks forward to my United trip…

looks like there will be a bigger protest there… but trust it will be peaceful,

MUW4Eva

Great to be back in here amongst like minded folks!

I hope that everyone enjoyed themselves at LSV for the West Ham game!