Film My Latest Short film (Don't Move)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Great job @Dirty Schwein. Didn't know you was a filmmaker. You need to start a thread (if there isn't one already) on how you started, what it takes to make a film, tips and experiences etc. What role did you have in this?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Great job @Dirty Schwein. Didn't know you was a filmmaker. You need to start a thread (if there isn't one already) on how you started, what it takes to make a film, tips and experiences etc. What role did you have in this?
Nah, it's a hobby that I hope to turn into a living but in reality, I work for Sky Sports/Sky Cinema (you might have seen my recent Sky Cinema Xmas ad, it's everywhere haha) and am a corporate sell out :lol: but my dream is to move away from that and direct horror films.

For this one I was director (and co-writer).

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Haven‘t watched it yet but pretty sure I can‘t without imagining DirtySchwein „directing“ while actually playing online werewolf games on his mobile. Or being absent on „the toilet“ for a couple of hours. No wonder actors are getting pissed..

Congrats on the awards tho!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Nah, it's a hobby that I hope to turn into a living but in reality, I work for Sky Sports/Sky Cinema (you might have seen my recent Sky Cinema Xmas ad, it's everywhere haha) and am a corporate sell out :lol: but my dream is to move away from that and direct horror films.

For this one I was director (and co-writer).
You fecking serious??? :eek:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Haven‘t watched it yet but pretty sure I can‘t without imagining DirtySchwein „directing“ while actually playing online werewolf games on his mobile. Or being absent on „the toilet“ for a couple of hours. No wonder actors are getting pissed..

Congrats on the awards tho!
Thanks brother and yes... I was playing WW whilst on set :lol:
You fecking serious??? :eek:
Yeah I know I know it's awful I'm awful and a monster :lol:

I'm not proud of it or what I do haha but it gives me the freedom to chill most of the days and pays good.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yeah I know I know it's awful I'm awful and a monster :lol:

I'm not proud of it or what I do haha but it gives me the freedom to chill most of the days and pays good.
Nah mate, I'm in awe! Is that the one with one with guy crying his eyes out at the end? The song grates, I'll admit. :lol: But I'm still well impressed. My dream job was always to do the music for stuff like that but never knew how to get started.

Have you posted any other stuff on here about it. I need to go through them and catch up!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Nah mate, I'm in awe! Is that the one with one with guy crying his eyes out at the end? The song grates, I'll admit. :lol: But I'm still well impressed. My dream job was always to do the music for stuff like that but never knew how to get started.

Have you posted any other stuff on here about it. I need to go through them and catch up!
Yeah that's the one haha. What you're seeing was meant to be a proof of concept but the marketing team loved the music and next thing I know, that pile of crap is on air :lol: but it rated really highly on audience scores so maybe I just hate it because I made it.

To do music for promos you have to generally sign up to a production music label and the pay depends on the level of the company you get into. For example, SatV music pay shit but Extreme Music pay much better.

I don't post much of my work stuff, only posted about a previous short film I made. I don't want people to start thinking I'm a corporate shill for Sky considering how much the users here seem to hate Sky :nervous:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yeah that's the one haha. What you're seeing was meant to be a proof of concept but the marketing team loved the music and next thing I know, that pile of crap is on air :lol: but it rated really highly on audience scores so maybe I just hate it because I made it.

To do music for promos you have to generally sign up to a production music label and the pay depends on the level of the company you get into. For example, SatV music pay shit but Extreme Music pay much better.

I don't post much of my work stuff, only posted about a previous short film I made. I don't want people to start thinking I'm a corporate shill for Sky considering how much the users here seem to hate Sky :nervous:
Gotcha. But c'mon you must get stoked every time your work gets aired on TV, whether you like it or not? That must be the ultimate job though. I'd love to be the next Danny Elfman. Thanks for the pointers.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Gotcha. But c'mon you must get stoked every time your work gets aired on TV, whether you like it or not? That must be the ultimate job though. I'd love to be the next Danny Elfman. Thanks for the pointers.
I genuinely switch the channel when I see it. I'm one of those people that will just look for flaws and criticise it so I feel it's better I just avoid altogether. Same with my films. Once they're done, I never watch them again unless it's for research/critical analysis purposes.
@Dirty Schwein What camera and lenses did you use ?
Canon C200 4K
Canon Raw Light
C.Log 3
Sygma lenses (I think)

The one I'm currently working on was shot on a RED Scarlett... It looks mint.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Haven't watched it yet but I promise I will later, and I also promise to mention how it's better than anything Shyamalan has done recently.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I genuinely switch the channel when I see it. I'm one of those people that will just look for flaws and criticise it so I feel it's better I just avoid altogether.
The ad is great! My only issue is with the unrealistic way in which the guy lets tears stream down his face instead of thumbing them away subtly while pretending to scratch his face...:D

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I genuinely switch the channel when I see it. I'm one of those people that will just look for flaws and criticise it so I feel it's better I just avoid altogether. Same with my films. Once they're done, I never watch them again unless it's for research/critical analysis purposes.

Canon C200 4K
Canon Raw Light
C.Log 3
Sygma lenses (I think)

The one I'm currently working on was shot on a RED Scarlett... It looks mint.
Nice. I'm finding that over time, most digital cameras will get the job done as long as the lenses, lighting, and post are done properly. Film emulation in post in particular, when done correctly, goes a long way in obscuring the gap between film and digital.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Nice. I'm finding that over time, most digital cameras will get the job done as long as the lenses, lighting, and post are done properly. Film emulation in post in particular, when done correctly, goes a long way in obscuring the gap between film and digital.
Yep and I'm glad because I did a short shooting on film in the past and it's unaffordable and very very stressful.
My daughter asked if this was about United.

I said ”it’s a horror“

She said “so it could be then”

:lol::lol::lol:

:(
:lol:

Wing Attack Plan R

Hey guys, this is my latest short film, Don't Move. Made on a low budget (whilst I was moving house :lol: ) but it has massively punched above its weight being played in many festivals worldwide, claiming a few awards and also getting a BIFA accreditation, where it was the opener to the upcoming horror film 'The Moor'.

As usual, many problems in the making of this film (including one of the actors turning up 3 hours late :lol: but we persevered and got it all done.

Please give it a like or drop a comment if you enjoy it/have anything to say. As always, happy to listen to criticism.
Dude! That was awesome! Great job. Loved the photography, I like seeing depth in shots, nothing was rushed, great music, great cast. Superb. It’s all suspense. It’s extremely difficult to make a good short film because of time and budgets and amateur crew, but this looks totally pro. Well done.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Noice one Schwein!
Dude! That was awesome! Great job. Loved the photography, I like seeing depth in shots, nothing was rushed, great music, great cast. Superb. It’s all suspense. It’s extremely difficult to make a good short film because of time and budgets and amateur crew, but this looks totally pro. Well done.
Thank you both! Currently editing what could be my final one for a long time and I think it'll be my best one (despite nearly dying on set)! I look forward to sharing it when it's done.

Fully Fledged

Also what's the mummy's intentions? Tries to kill the boy until the mum moves, then kills the mum and 'becomes' her and now wants to take the kid somewhere?
Yeah this had me intrigued. I had thought the the monster was just a generic mummy to start with, but it was a nice switch up, when it turned out to be a doppelganger. The woman was actually his sister BTW.