Mykhailo Mudryk / signs 8.5yr deal at Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Now stealing the idea of unveiling of the players too. This Boehly guy is a weapon. Everything involves stealing. The guy is a stolen sperm from his father’s ball sack.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Now stealing the idea of unveiling of the players too. This Boehly guy is a weapon. Everything involves stealing. The guy is a stolen sperm from his father’s ball sack.
Joke of a club. Copy everything. How are they not been done for copyrights yet :lol:

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
It pretty difficult to sell out of form players on long term contracts with high wages. Take Sterling as an example. Which club is going to pay Chelsea a substantial transfer fee for a 28 year old on over £300k per week?
Definitely, if you do well, it’s easier to sell players.

Will be very interesting to see how Chelsea handles their financial requirements without any CL money next season.

Like you say, selling players can bring back money, but are you “selling” many of these guys or will it be more about “off-loading” them?

georgipep

It pretty difficult to sell out of form players on long term contracts with high wages. Take Sterling as an example. Which club is going to pay Chelsea a substantial transfer fee for a 28 year old on over £300k per week?
They are not going to sell Sterling. They will sell Pulisic, Ziyech, maybe Mendy, maybe some of their homegrown talent, like Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, and the army on loan (e.g., Sarr, Kenedy, Lukaku, Colwill)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Oh no! Unveiling a player in front of fans. What a novel idea that nobody thought of before United.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yep, if he becomes a world beater then the fee won’t matter. My only worry back when I thought he was Arsenal bound (so… 24 hours ago) is that he’s not that young. He’s slightly older than both Saka and Martinelli and I’m not sure he displaces either of them from the our starting lineup right now. When paying €100m for potential, I’d prefer a wonderkid like Neymar. At 22, he’s 6 years older and 50% more expensive than Endrick… but pretty much just as unproven.

I’m also interested to see how it plays into negotiations with players in the future. You nabbed the highly rated Omari Hutchinson off us at the start of last Summer. He’s had a couple of sub appearances with you, which is an opportunity we never gave him. But ionder if he wold have joined if he knew how many attackers you were going to stockpile. Will future prospects like him think twice before signing for Chelsea?

Anyway, I’ve got to say, you’re signing a ton of talented young players. If they start to gel it will become a formidable team.
Yeah I hear you and those all very fair points.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Will he be preferred over Pulisic at LW?
You mean the Pulisic that is always injured, and is out again for several months now? Yeah I’m sure it won’t be hard to replace that guy.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
So on the first July Chelsea will have:

Lukaku sell ~€40m
Aubamayeng keep?
Datro Fofana keep
Broja keep
Batshuayi sell ~€12m
Havertz keep
Sterling keep
Pulisic sell ~€30m
Ziyech sell ~€20m
Hudson Odoi keep (homegrown)
Mount keep
Mudryk keep
Nkunku keep

…and will be looking to keep Felix if he’s anywhere near decent.
It’s a mad amount of money to pay for a 22-year-old with nine career goals in the Ukrainian league. You just have to throw up your hands and shrug. I don’t blame Arsenal for bowing out but the big test for Edu comes now bc we absolutely do need to add players this window.

On Chelsea’s end I don’t think it makes any sense to sign Mudryk and Felix. Their best position in a front three (LW or left inside forward) is the same and it’s also Nkunku’s best position.
See above I think they’ll have a good young front line for several seasons and will make the above sales.

TheReligion

Abusive
No one. It is going to be interesting to see how they handle this squad rebuild.

There’s some big decisions to make on the likes or Kante, Jorginho, Silva, Azpilicueta and Aubamayang. In terms of replacements and contracts. Lukaku is another and a £100m write off.

I’m quite certain Boehly is gambling heavily here and if it doesn’t work out on the pitch it is going to sting them.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Damn, woke up this morning hoping that this was a fabrication of my imagination after drinking last night but it's still true and happening. :(

They are not going to sell Sterling. They will sell Pulisic, Ziyech, maybe Mendy, maybe some of their homegrown talent, like Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, and the army on loan (e.g., Sarr, Kenedy, Lukaku, Colwill)
It's still the same problem though. Unless they get another team in England to take the likes of Pulisic and Ziyech, then most clubs on the continent will struggle to pay a transfer fee and £100k +wages. So you are relying on the players to take a pay cut most likely for first team football. If not then they just join the loan army that the likes of Bakayoko, Barkley and Batshuayi were on for years, or even worse like Arsenal having to pay them to leave.

Last edited:

Erik the Red

See above I think they’ll have a good young front line for several seasons and will make the above sales.
Keeping lots of "big name" players who are being paid a lot and all expect to be starting is a recipe for disaster. This will not end well.... (unless you support someone other than Chelsea).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Who did you unveil recently like that before united?
I was kinda joking mate but do you really think that something that’s unique to United? Clubs in Europe have been doing it for years. Chelsea unveiled Azpi in front of the crowd at a game and that was over a decade ago.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So just a few days ago this guy was sticking his tongue up Arsenals arsehole at every opportunity on social media and now he’s signing for Chelsea?

He does realise that this will likely kill any chance of him ever playing for his ‘beloved’ Arsenal?

Such a bizarre situation.

Josh 76

Some Arsenal fans were putting him in their predicted team against Utd next week.

kaku06

Vulgarian
I was kinda joking mate but do you really think that something that’s unique to United? Clubs in Europe have been doing it for years. Chelsea unveiled Azpi in front of the crowd at a game and that was over a decade ago.
No but I haven’t seen players being unveiled in the middle of the pitch before the packed stadium regularly in the premier league like united do now like with Varane like with Casemiro.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Chelsea posting a picture of him in Shaktar gear on Instagram is getting predictable replies. Such a weird transfer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Genuinely puzzled as to why some people always think this is the case. And even worse, apparently, a brilliant billionaire woke up yesterday and thought to himself 'Yeah this Mudryk guy I keep seeing mentioned on Twitter will do today".
Boehly might be good at what he does, but it doesn't mean he knows football.

Can you really say he's watched Mudryk before? Probably just youtube videos and scout reports.

For me it just seems like Chelsea have a truck load of money and a desire to spend it while they can. It ***** Arsenal too, so win win.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Sure we don't need another left winger with Rashford and Garnacho there. But he does looks like a very talented player.

Himannv

Chelsea will put in a silly bid for them if any player is available during this window. There's lots of money available for clubs that can tempt them into going after their players here I reckon.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I thought this guy was on his way to Arsenal. Did he get lost on the way or something? Chelsea just buying everybody up at this point, aren't they?

BlueHaze

Arsenal didn't want to pay up and sat and negotiated like cretins even though they knew what Shaktar demanded. So the fact that he's not at Arsenal where he wanted to be is all on them. For us it is better because I think he'd become a much better player at Arsenal. He will be a flop in Chelsea.

Zen

Top class throwback to the late 90's with that hairstyle. Worth 100m alone.

Zoo

Just wanna know who Boehly will go for if this guy gets sent off on his debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.