Mykhaylo Mudryk

NK86

Tempering expectations is actually very wise. But remember, part of what made that so impressive is he hasn’t played at all in … months? What you saw was essentially his first pre season minutes, with a brand new team, that he’s been with for only two training sessions…

I was extremely worried he would look like rusty crap and people would lambast him the other way.
He could be a very good buy for you guys, but right now he has all to prove. That quick feet he showed obviously bodes well but I remember a young Martial doing similar and then never really living up to his potential.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If there's any advantage then it's slight. And a truly pacy player would still get away. I reckon Nunez would beat Konate to that ball.
I’m sorry Konate has a pretty significant head start there and he himself is pretty fast. Nunez is not beating Konate to the ball with that kind of positional advantage.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
You’ve mentioned this little foot race a few times now, you even said Mudryk had a head start, so I went and checked. Konate was way closer to the ball :lol:

You can see via the pitch lines that Mudryk is about 2m behind him after the ball was kicked. And the ball landed in Konate's lane so Mudryk needs to move horizontally as well. But I'm sure we'll read about the race again in a few pages.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I’m sorry Konate has a pretty significant head start there and he himself is pretty fast. Nunez is not beating Konate to the ball with that kind of positional advantage.
Nunez had a foot race with Thiago Silva in the same game where he had the advantage and allowed Silva to get back to him.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You’ve mentioned this little foot race a few times now, you even said Mudryk had a head start, so I went and checked. Konate was way closer to the ball :lol:

I watched the video a few times because he mentioned it and thought I was missing something. Anyway, I think folk recognise that Konate is very quick himself at top speed. That's a bit different from running when you are dribbling or being dribbled against mind you, where balance, acceleration, nimbleness etc all come into play.

dinostar77

Crap, sounds like a really determined player whos going all the way to the top. Wish he was in a utd shirt.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...o-mudryk-no-surprise-to-old-teammates-chelsea

...“He was always so concentrated on football,” says Ihor Litovka, who was Desna’s goalkeeper. “When we had a day off, he’d be training; when we had one training session, he’d be doing two. He’d go out on to the pitch alone, taking balls with him, shooting and dribbling. Then he’d go and ask the coach to show him how he played in the last game, reviewing the statistics. That was very important to him.”...

...“His pace was unreal,” Litovka says. “Really, really high speed and very, very good dribbling that reminded me of Ronaldinho.”...

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am not going to lie, I like the look of his more than Antony and Sancho. I feel he is the real deal - raw pace, acceleration, dribbling, talent, direct threat in the final third and all that.

dinostar77

I am not going to lie, I like the look of his more than Antony and Sancho. I feel he is the real deal - raw pace, acceleration, dribbling, talent, direct threat in the final third and all that.
Its crazy that 12-18 months ago he was out on loan and couldnt get a game for shaktar.

Imagine if you took a punt on him then, would have probably been a few million tops. Crazy.

I do agree he is the example of what comes to mind when your talking about a £80mil winger. Not antony or sancho.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
You can see via the pitch lines that Mudryk is about 2m behind him after the ball was kicked. And the ball landed in Konate's lane so Mudryk needs to move horizontally as well. But I'm sure we'll read about the race again in a few pages.
Yep MotD clip was better and does show Mudryk was fast to catch up to another fast player, Konate. It never looked like he was going to trouble Konate even when the ball was first kicked as Konate hadn't engaged his top speed until the very last steps.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
@duffer @WeePat Any sign of The Religion. He's usually one of the first to praise us but havent seen his thoughts on Mudryk yet.... Obviously he agrees he looked dangerous.

Mr PG

I believe he’s better than both currently.. mainly because he’s stronger. When they train like him they will be almost as good imo.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I believe he’s better than both currently.. mainly because he’s stronger. When they train like him they will be almost as good imo.
Which is rather strange considering how much Ronaldo used the gym to build up his strength. You’d think your own wingers would have used that as inspiration.

TheReligion

Abusive
On a side note are we really having a dick measuring dispute between Liverpool and Chelsea fans about who the fastest player was at weekend?

I know the quality of the game was abysmal but jeez. How’s the mighty have fallen:lol:

BlueHaze

No surprise Chelsea hijack the deal with Arsenal. Can't deny Mudryk seems a very interesting player.

Lee565

Arsenal fault that they never got him, they messed about too long haggling and then chelsea swooped in on the saga, had arsenal got him I think they would have been nailed on as champs as he would have been going straight into a perfectly functioning side

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal fault that they never got him, they messed about too long haggling and then chelsea swooped in on the saga, had arsenal got him I think they would have been nailed on as champs as he would have been going straight into a perfectly functioning side
If we lose this title race it won't be because we didn't spend 100M on him

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Never knew Haaland was that quick. He’s seems the perfect footballer!

That's the name that struck me out of that list as well. He seems fast at times but holy smokes...what a brute.

Mudryk looks good. We will have to see how he progresses.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
If we lose this title race it won't be because we didn't spend 100M on him
Yes, this is quite wrong. He would have presumably replaced Martinelli, who has been very good for us this year, or he would have come off the bench. Either way, that is depth or luxury purchase at this point. I am more concerned about an injury to Partey/Odegaard or even Xhaka. Arsenal wanted this guy but not for that price as it would have sacrificed a necessary reinforcement in midfield this summer. This is the difference between being able to spend with limits and being Chelsea.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's a show off
and
He's racist

I cant wait to see him fail. Yes that sounds evil.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
As a POC I find it hilarious how over the top some of these things are taken. It's all posturing and not really done to protect anyone, especially from the likes of the BBC.

If he wants to recite a rap song let the man do so, there's actual racists out there doing racist things, trying to crucify persons like him does absolutely nothing to solve the genuine issues.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
This reminds me of the children who were suspended for singing the lyrics to The Fairytale of New York.

It is ridiculous if this song is a well known song and in the public eye.

If his English is decent and he knows he’s in the public eye, he’s been silly videoing it but for Christ sake it’s not racism.

So now you cannot sing along to any song that is played over radio stations and TV that has any remotely offensive content?

Rossa

So how many games did Cavani get a suspension for saying a friendly slang word in his language to a friend that the F.A. interpreted to be racist? Surely, this guy should sit out the season.