Mykhaylo Mudryk

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Mudryk doesn’t worry me. He looks good when a manager plays him. We need a decent manager and a striker.

Guy has 2 assists and barely played and gets slated on here.

Anthony and Sancho have combined 2 assists. Yet someone bizarrely claimed Anthony is the best 60m+ signing.

Thrillho

He should, definitely. Felix should be nowhere near the starting lineup.
Indeed, the numerous rumours in the press suggesting that Chelsea want to sign him permanently are ludicrous. Or maybe they aren’t, given Boehly’s current spending record.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Mudryk doesn’t worry me. He looks good when a manager plays him. We need a decent manager and a striker.

Anthony and Sancho have combined 2 assists. Yet someone bizarrely claimed Anthony is the best 60m+ signing.

Sancho is a complete dud I agree but Antony has scored important goals for us and we are a much better team when he's playing. It's not fair to put him along with mudryk.

Chief123

The more he plays the more delighted arsenal fans get.

He looks absolutely shite. 8 year contract!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Definitely looked like another Robben / Hazard type - somewhere in between. Good for the league to have some new exciting players, and it’s easy not to be jealous with our current options on the left…
Don’t know what this guy was talking about, he looks hopeless

AndersB

Sancho is a complete dud I agree but Antony has scored important goals for us and we are a much better team when he's playing. It's not fair to put him along with mudryk.
Putting him alongside Mudryk is so ridiculous at this point I'm impressed you managed that civilized an answer! :D

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
The more he plays the more delighted arsenal fans get.

He looks absolutely shite. 8 year contract!
Edu and Arteta should get sued for even thinking about bringing him in. :nervous:

Chief123

Mudryk is absolutely dreadful mate. He makes Sancho look like a bargain never mind Antony.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I find the reactions to his performances a bit baffling honestly. Chelsea obviously have a fecktonne of problems but I'm far less worried about Mudryk than I am about Raheem Sterling.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He had a couple of good moments tonight. He might turn out a flop. He might be brilliant. Whatever. The redcafe habit of rushing to write off new signings insanely quickly will never cease to amaze. Almost as knee jerk as their rush to make over the top proclamations of brilliance after a few good performances, early on in their PL career. Yes, I’m talking about Joao Felix. Who currently has less assists than Mudryk despite playing many more minutes.

redmeister

Soon Dan James is going to have start threatening people with legal action for slander.

Barthez

One of the biggest wastes of money I think a premiership team has ever made. He’s beyond dreadful and would probably struggle in the Championship. Didn’t they sign him on some ridiculous contract as well!

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
One of the biggest wastes of money I think a premiership team has ever made. He’s beyond dreadful and would probably struggle in the Championship. Didn’t they sign him on some ridiculous contract as well!
Congratulations on getting the gold star for Most Incorrect Post of the Day (non-Barcelona edition)

Strootman's Finger

In the few games I have seen, both Chelsea and Ukraine, he looks like an amateur that won a contest to play with a professional team. I don't even see a glimmer there.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Just think about the competition for that prize over the last 30 years. Mudryk should not be anywhere near the list.
On top of that, just think about the competition amongst Chelsea players out there tonight! Cucurella is miles worse, has been here for the whole season instead of joining after not playing for months, doesn't have a war going on in his homeland affecting his personal life, etc etc etc

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Congratulations on getting the gold star for Most Incorrect Post of the Day (non-Barcelona edition)
He had less than 50 pro appearances before you spunk all that money on him. He needs to drastically improve in the next season cause all he's shown so far is that he's extremely fast.

Djemba-Djemba

Way too early to be calling him one of the worst signings ever or totally writing him off.

He's looked very poor so far though.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He had less than 50 pro appearances before you spunk all that money on him. He needs to drastically improve in the next season cause all he's shown so far is that he's extremely fast.
I'll have you know he's currently leading the team in PL assists. It's also completely ludicrous to write him off after 537 total minutes for Chelsea when he joined a team in complete chaos having not played football for months.

I don't think this will work in your favor
Mate - glimmers is all he's shown. If you want to argue that he's been inconsistent I certainly wouldn't argue.

BerryBerryShrew

The fee was extortionate (as it was with pretty much all Chelsea's recent signings) but I'm withholding judgement for now. He makes Rashford look slow so even if he is lacking technically, he could cause havoc playing on the shoulder of the last defender. And he is clearly not remotely confident at present- he may be a better technician when he relaxes and the team finds a bit of stability.

Abraxas

Looks like a load of raw ingredients thrown together at the moment. Pretty much what you'd expect from a kid playing in the Ukrainian league. The only problem is they paid way too much for those ingredients, and now he and Chelsea have to labour under the pressure of that.

I wouldn't say it's a no hoper though. Sometimes he shows a nice touch, or bursts past someone and you think there could be a player there. He just has no idea how to put it all together and be effective at this level, but Chelsea isn't the easiest place to shine this season either. I think you have to give him all of next season to start assessing him, because even though he's priced like a finished product, he's simply not.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's been a disappointment so far but it's a weird time for his thread to blow up like this, he's not really done anything wrong tonight or against Brighton.

Yes I know that's still not great for a £62m signing before anyone says.

Chief123

He's been a disappointment so far but it's a weird time for his thread to blow up like this, he's not really done anything wrong tonight or against Brighton.

Yes I know that's still not great for a £62m signing before anyone says.
Ey? He didn’t do anything right today. Everything was wrong. Looked shot to pieces at times.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

It's a signing that seems like a throwback to before everything was so globalised and scouting networks in many clubs weren't nearly as large or thorough. When players would often have a chance of a move to a much bigger club just by playing well against them in Europe, or in 2-3 high profile club/international games. Most of those transfers weren't for huge money (relatively) though.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Terrible, terrible player. That he was ever allowed to put on football boots should be the subject of an international inquiry. How his mother can even live with herself having brought him in to this world I do not know.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Terrible, terrible player. That he was ever allowed to put on football boots should be the subject of an international inquiry. How his mother can even live with herself having brought him in to this world I do not know.
:confused:

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
Looks like a 5 a side player who has never played on a full sized football pitch.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I find the reactions to his performances a bit baffling honestly. Chelsea obviously have a fecktonne of problems but I'm far less worried about Mudryk than I am about Raheem Sterling.
Raheem was always going to be a dud. He looked poor at times for City who dominate most games and he came being notorious for missing sitters. I got slated at the time for saying Werner is a superior player. Yet we miss Werner, Sterling contributes nothing.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
You have to look at the decision making of whoever guided him to pick Chelsea. A player like this needs to be slowly drip fed minutes into a structured, stable and mature team, like CR7 was when he first came here. This is the complete opposite to what Chelsea is. everyone seems to be looking to the next man for guidance and direction, including the manager and owner.

This is ultimately why I always thought the Chelsea project would fail. Not because the players are bad or lack potential, just too many wild cards.