Mykhaylo Mudryk

kunal18

Imagine if we had both Kvara and Mudryk, instead of Rashford/Sancho pair and also a capable, not injury-prone striker...

But that would require competent recruiting - our Achille's Heal
Both of the players are quite known quantities now having lit up the Champions league, its not quite unearthing gems etc, its only a matter of striking a deal now, I think Murtough and co are capable of it even if they'll mostly overspend, need Ten Hag to fixate on such quality targets.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Kvaratskhelia is better. Is more dynamic, has more maturity to his game right now and is a more varied dribbler. Mudryk has top potential though. Both have pace but Mudryk at full tilt is frightening.
There are quite a few players who are similar to Kvaratskhelia's style right now - even our very own "generational talent" (according to the cafe at that time) Sancho. I haven't seen a player like Mudryk's style in a while - closest I could think of was Bale at Spurs and early Real and even Giggs when he broke through.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Both of the players are quite known quantities now having lit up the Champions league, its not quite unearthing gems etc, its only a matter of striking a deal now, I think Murtough and co are capable of it even if they'll mostly overspend, need Ten Hag to fixate on such quality targets.
We cannot afford them, anymore.

Now that they are known, if they keep up like this all season - we are not gonna have a chance with either even if we try our best

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Kvaratskhelia is better. Is more dynamic, has more maturity to his game right now and is a more varied dribbler. Mudryk has top potential though. Both have pace but Mudryk at full tilt is frightening.
Agree, IMO Kvaratskhelia is on another level.

kunal18

We cannot afford them, anymore.

Now that they are known, if they keep up like this all season - we are not gonna have a chance with either even if we try our best
Apart from City, Real, Barca I dont think our player pulling power is far off from other top teams and if we get into Champions league places which I'm fairly confident about, I expect us to be in the running for the top talents on the continent.Arsenal were the team strongly linked with Mudryk in the summer, I think we can do better with money and club stature than Arsenal if we are in the fray.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There are quite a few players who are similar to Kvaratskhelia's style right now - even our very own "generational talent" (according to the cafe at that time) Sancho. I haven't seen a player like Mudryk's style in a while - closest I could think of was Bale at Spurs and early Real and even Giggs when he broke through.
Kvara's main skill is direct dribbling. Sancho is not a dribbler. Similar style????

NewGlory

Apart from City, Real, Barca I dont think our player pulling power is far off from other top teams and if we get into Champions league places which I'm fairly confident about, I expect us to be in the running for the top talents on the continent.Arsenal were the team strongly linked with Mudryk in the summer, I think we can do better with money and club stature than Arsenal if we are in the fray.
Unfortunately, I am fairly certain that list (clubs ahead of us) is longer.

Liverpool probably still stronger, Chelsea without a doubt.

EtH gave us a huge boost and a lot will depend on how we do this season, how others will do, too. But it's no secret for anybody that Glazers have made this club A MESS, and many players are wary of that.

NewGlory

Kvara's main skill is direct dribbling. Sancho is not a dribbler. Similar style????
Yeah... Also – feck the style, dude. Kvara's main skill is scoring goals and having assists. If Sancho was doing either of those, I wouldn't care about his style, but one can only dream... :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah... Also – feck the style, dude. Kvara's main skill is scoring goals and having assists. If Sancho was doing either of those, I wouldn't care about his style, but one can only dream... :D
Kvara is a self-sufficient player - his dribbling allows him to create the space for himself to create/score

Sancho is somewhat of a system player, since he can't create space for himself he needs his teammates to do it for him. The problem he has imo is Bruno Fernandes. Sancho needs to be the focal point of the attack to be effective, but your attack is built around Bruno

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I get the point @Freak is making, though. You have fast wingers, and you have fast wingers. It seems like Mudryk is very much the latter. That sheer explosive speed he has would be such a weapon wherever he goes

NewGlory

Kvara is a self-sufficient player - his dribbling allows him to create the space for himself to create/score

Sancho is somewhat of a system player, since he can't create space for himself he needs his teammates to do it for him. The problem he has imo is Bruno Fernandes. Sancho needs to be the focal point of the attack to be effective, but your attack is built around Bruno
Sorry but this sounds like a bunch of excuses. Also, it's odd to hear a winger being the "focal point of the attack". He is not a striker, ffs, he should be creating and assisting, but also finishing when appropriate. Sancho is too slow and not showing nearly the level we were hoping for. Bruno has nothing to do with that.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Seems Arsenal are leading the race to get him
Makes sense with Zinchenko probably being a big factor. In theory they don’t have a place in the starting XI for them but maybe he has enough talent to challenge Martinelli.

Deery

Dreary
Really brilliant player, we definitely shouldn’t let him go to Arsenal, would break my heart that…

Strootman's Finger

Mykhaylo Mudryk vs Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

This is a battle of names, if nothing else. It took me a weekend, but I can now pronounce Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, so he gets my vote.

demetre

He's a great prospect, but people who say he would bench Rashford, Sancho or both are way off the mark.

Bwuk

He's a great prospect, but people who say he would bench Rashford, Sancho or both are way off the mark.
Sancho lacks the explosiveness that Mudryk has. I think ETH will either try him centrally or phase him out eventually.

BerryBerryShrew

Mykhaylo Mudryk vs Khvicha Kvaratskhelia

This is a battle of names, if nothing else. It took me a weekend, but I can now pronounce Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, so he gets my vote.
I'd drop £100m on Kvaratskhelia easily but I wouldn't spend half that on Mudryk. Kvicha is clearly the real deal whereas we still have no idea how Mudryk would fare against packed defences.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I'd drop £100m on Kvaratskhelia easily but I wouldn't spend half that on Mudryk. Kvicha is clearly the real deal whereas we still have no idea how Mudryk would fare against packed defences.
I tend to agree.

I don't believe Arsenal will sign him for anything near the reported asking price. He has scored most of his goals in counter-attacking systems, has almost exclusively played LW during his career, and largely played in an extremely weak Ukrainian league, only really producing much end product relatively recently. He is a 40-50m player at the very most and even that is possibly an overpay.

BlueHaze

What Shaktar sporting director said last month:

“We value Mudryk more than United’s Antony – £85m. Floating between Arsenal and Man City? They are two teams that have taken an interest in the player.

:nervous:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Seems Arsenal are leading the race to get him
I'd love to sign the lad, he looks like he could go on and be a star, I'm just worried that our window to get him might have passed, and some bigger richer clubs will now be sniffing about.

Mudryk and Danilo in January would be ideal for us going forward.

BlueHaze

I do not see where the hype is coming from at all.. He is really quick but nothing else I've seen from his game equals a near £100m player but hell, anyone goes for that nowadays...

Deery

Dreary
I do not see where the hype is coming from at all.. He is really quick but nothing else I've seen from his game equals a near £100m player but hell, anyone goes for that nowadays...
He is basically his whole team’s attacking outlet, pulls inside and plays nearly as a 10 with both feet, then roasts guys down the left with his pace and gets a cross in, much more than just a speed merchant.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I'd love to sign the lad, he looks like he could go on and be a star, I'm just worried that our window to get him might have passed, and some bigger richer clubs will now be sniffing about.

Mudryk and Danilo in January would be ideal for us going forward.
He was too expensive for Edu back in summer, now he is even more pricey. I highly doubt it will happen.

Edit
Zaha is available for free in the summer, even he is 30 years old.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
Reminds me a little on Arshavin with slightly more pace.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Makes sense with Zinchenko probably being a big factor. In theory they don’t have a place in the starting XI for them but maybe he has enough talent to challenge Martinelli.
We have ESR coming back soon, he showed us last season that he was a good player scoring double digit goals. If we sign this guy then we will have four wingers to rotate with.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
From my very limited viewing I agree. Kvaraetc looks like a brilliant prospect and he's already showing his ability in one of the big leagues.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
From my very limited viewing I agree. Kvaraetc looks like a brilliant prospect and he's already showing his ability in one of the big leagues.
For the price being quoted (£60m+, or Antony money £86m ), might as well go for Rafael Leao.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Appears he's coming to the PL, is he any good?

Zen

Another super long contract.... how come FM and everything I've ever known has maxed contracts at 5 years if longer are actually legal...

Pintu

Another super long contract.... how come FM and everything I've ever known has maxed contracts at 5 years if longer are actually legal...
I think they've always been legal if the legislation in the country allows for longer fixed term contracts... What FIFA regulates is the maximum duration for which a contract is protected by FIFA. I think these Chelsea contracts aren't meant to go to their term, all players will either get sold before 5 or sign new contracts in the meantime. They are just doing it for accounting purposes, to accommodate FPF. If you buy players for 300 M and do the amortization over 5 years, your yearly cost is 60M. If instead you spread the amortization over 7 years, then you can register an amortization of around 42M/year... Meaning you've lowered your costs by 18 M/year. This can save you from breaching FPF regulations.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I think they've always been legal if the legislation in the country allows for longer fixed term contracts... What FIFA regulates is the maximum duration for which a contract is protected by FIFA. I think these Chelsea contracts aren't meant to go to their term, all players will either get sold before 5 or sign new contracts in the meantime. They are just doing it for accounting purposes, to accommodate FPF. If you buy players for 300 M and do the amortization over 5 years, your yearly cost is 60M. If instead you spread the amortization over 7 years, then you can register an amortization of around 42M/year... Meaning you've lowered your costs by 18 M/year. This can save you from breaching FPF regulations.
Can see it becoming a norm in football with the rising transfer fees. I expected to see it crash after PSGs moves for Neymar and Mbappe but it’s pretty much continues to rise at the lower end of the market. It really is ludicrous. At this point a large % of players are no longer or ever will be worth their transfer fee. Antony was a terrible deal imo and so is this one. Regardless of potential talent. Having said that, it’s a position we actually need and I guess they went for him over first choice Leao for whatever reason.

bosskeano

what's brilliant about this is that Mudryk was all about Arsenal and even commented on how he couldn't turn down Arsenal b/c of how much he admired that club....now he's at Chelsea