Mykhaylo Mudryk

wangyu

Why are we laughing? We had several over expensive players post Ferguson who turned out average at best. In fact we have 2 of them playing for us right now.

Mike Smalling

Why are we laughing? We had several over expensive players post Ferguson who turned out average at best. In fact we have 2 of them playing for us right now.
Are you familiar with football fans? This stuff doesn’t have to be 100% rational.

Djemba-Djemba

Yeah you're right, unless you've got a 100% success rate with transfers you can't have a laugh at any other club.

:lol:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
You can see he has no confidence. With a proper manager and some stability, he'll come good I think. Not a world beater, but solid.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Still maintain he’ll come good.

There’s enough there that once he’s settled he’ll be a nightmare to defend against.

Thiagoal

I’m convinced the player Chelsea signed is not the real Mudryk. This guy looks like a 200m runner

Pintu

Bookmarked ;)
Haha vi får se.

He reminds of a Lukaku without the goals nor the power (the elements that gave Lukaku a PL career)… The awful first touch is pretty much the same. And he got the speed as well.

I am taking Anthony over this bum every day. And don’t bring Sancho to this discussion, he so far ahead.

KeanoMagicHat

All the people gloating about how smart Boehly was to get him on an 8 year contract. Now if he keeps playing like that they’re potentially stuck with him for his whole career.

spiriticon

I think he has more in his locker, and is suffering the exact same troubles as Sancho.

Perhaps Chelsea isn't the best club for him, but on an 8 yr contract he is going absolutely nowhere.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Haha vi får se.

He reminds of a Lukaku without the goals nor the power (the elements that gave Lukaku a PL career)… The awful first touch is pretty much the same. And he got the speed as well.

I am taking Anthony over this bum every day. And don’t bring Sancho to this discussion, he so far ahead.
I think it’s far too premature to be this absolute with your opinion in him.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I think he has more in his locker, and is suffering the exact same troubles as Sancho.

Perhaps Chelsea isn't the best club for him, but on an 8 yr contract he is going absolutely nowhere.
He'll probably be loaned out for all those years

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Chelsea are such a mess it's difficult to rate players.

I think next season most of these players will be rated highly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Such a twat and those stupid tattoos. Glad he sucks, that racist pos
Why is he racist?

I feel bad for him tbh. Think he got pressured to go to Chelsea, fee out of this world and never a fair value for him, was nowhere near ready for the prem. His confidence is as low as any player I've ever seen, and his team gave up on the season ages ago. Just the biggest example ever of how a bad move can break you.

mshnsh

Haha vi får se.

And this is despite Antony and Sancho being so shite for us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There may be a possibility that the Ukrainian league is easier to play in than the Premier league.
Even in the Ukrainian league, simple look at some analytics showed he was a ridiculously wasteful player with a crazy amount of turnovers. But got in a lot of chances because his pace. Was always a crazy fee.

Castia

Still maintain he’ll come good.

There’s enough there that once he’s settled he’ll be a nightmare to defend against.

I generally doubt it

The whole transfer was a complete farce. Hasn’t he played like 20 professional games in the Ukrainian league and that was his entire career? How the feck that even translates to a 80m transfer is beyond me

I’d imagine Elanga would look like a superstar in that league

Last edited:

bringbackbebe

Chelsea are such a mess it's difficult to rate players.

I think next season most of these players will be rated highly.
I can definitely see players like Fernandez, defender Fofana, Badiashile, Madueke etc coming good with the right coach. I'm not the one to write off players early, but the more I see Mudryk, the more I don't see anything at all. It's going to take a miracle. It's almost like watching Sancho, only worse.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
When he made his debut and came on against Liverpool he looked good. Not seen nothing since.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Thread still doesn’t make sense to me. Far too many excitable posts and people determining his level during an utterly discombobulating campaign for a young player coming from a settled environment to absolute chaos, which is ironic in itself.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The silly talk likening him to peak Hazard about 20mins into his first game looks all time levels of silliness.

bringbackbebe

Thread still doesn’t make sense to me. Far too many excitable posts and people determining his level during an utterly discombobulating campaign for a young player coming from a settled environment to absolute chaos, which is ironic in itself.
How long do you give a player before you can judge him for his contributions?

Andersons Dietician

I’ve heard all the talk about his performances but I’d never seen it for myself until last night. Tell you one thing, boy has wheels. Didn’t even look like he was trying and he was pulling away from people. If he can get some confidence back he might be half decent as from what I saw he looked like someone just bereft of confidence and overthinking. Weirdly so many of them looked like that.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Even in the Ukrainian league, simple look at some analytics showed he was a ridiculously wasteful player with a crazy amount of turnovers. But got in a lot of chances because his pace. Was always a crazy fee.
Yeah people aren’t looking at the bigger picture, they are just seeing “really fast winger that cost a lot” and are thinking that surely he’ll get better eventually. Mudryk right now isn’t even as good as Garnacho, an 18 year old super raw winger that we currently use as a super sub. But he also doesn’t even show flashes of anything other than pace. Creation, shooting, decision making, and even just general touch seem very poor. He’s got quick feet and is very fast, but that’s about it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
How long do you give a player before you can judge him for his contributions?
Depends on his circumstances; coming from a situation like his, you'd expect people to understand that.

Further, entering a calamitous setup where proven players are looking like amateurs, why would the youngsters there fare well?

Always seemed odd he in particular has been rounded on, which is why I asked what his original 'crime' was to generate all this.

Andre Kagawa

Depends on his circumstances; coming from a situation like his, you'd expect people to understand that.

Further, entering a calamitous setup where proven players are looking like amateurs, why would the youngsters there fare well?

Always seemed odd he in particular has been rounded on, which is why I asked what his original 'crime' was to generate all this.
His terrible tattoos

bringbackbebe

He was doing fine in the Ukranian league before his transfer (10 goals and 8 assists in 18 games?). Agree he's entered an absolute mess but most other players in their squad have shown some glimpses of hope. In my opinion (which of course doesn't mean much), what Mudryk lacks is not just confidence.

He believes he can beat players with raw pace and dribble past them like he could in the Ukranian league. Defenders in the premier league are far too smart for this (except maybe Milner). How many times has he beat a defender and broke out since his move so far, which is his core skill? Since that is cut out from his game, he now has to rely on his secondary skills like positioning, passing, proper first touch and off the ball movement. He makes plenty of mistakes here and he has not shown any glimpses that he can improve in these areas. For eg, just look at his body position to receive Hall's pass. Of course, all this could change with proper coaching next season but it's going to take a considerable level of effort from him and the coaching staff to get there.

Last edited:

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal
All these players on loaded contracts while players like Mount and Gallagher are forced out. I dont understand the rational, and im convinced Todd bought Mudryk without ay input from the football men at Chelsea, and signed him only because it looked like Arsenal were going to sign him.

Eventually Chelsea will need to settle on a squad and cease with wholesale incomings and outgoings, and after the dust has settled I have a feeling its not going to look good.

Milo2035

He's so bad I actually feel bad for him. He's like a less beautiful and more expensive version of (Chelsea's) Torres.

Milo2035

Yeah people aren’t looking at the bigger picture, they are just seeing “really fast winger that cost a lot” and are thinking that surely he’ll get better eventually. Mudryk right now isn’t even as good as Garnacho, an 18 year old super raw winger that we currently use as a super sub. But he also doesn’t even show flashes of anything other than pace. Creation, shooting, decision making, and even just general touch seem very poor. He’s got quick feet and is very fast, but that’s about it.
Yeah Bebe was quicker and had more to his game (finishing, shooting). And currently still a professional footballer in Spain.