Name that game

CM

Lindegaard
Rafael Keane Wootton Buttner
Fletcher
Giggs Anderson
Nani Hernandez Welbeck​
The 5-4 League Cup loss to Chelsea in Fergie's final season. We should've won that game.

fitforwork

Two stoppage time goals from Steve Bruce..bit of a managerial pitch invasion!

kthanksbye

Damn. That's a hard one to guess. Even now I can't remember anything about this game.
That game should be remembered more than it is, I remember it as one of the game SAF was having a laugh by playing Giggs and Jones in a pivot, against Liverpool, cherry on top, we won that game.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
imagine if we do them like we did in 1984 again. I mean, Robbo shut out arguably the GOAT at the time. Over to you, Scotty :devil:

P.S. Manchester United 3-0 Barcelona, Cup Winners Cup, 1984 :)
Well after all the years watching United do "the impossible", I never say never but not holding out much hope if I'm honest.

Apart from actually having a really decent midfield in 84, that team worked their socks off (especially that night) as a lot of United teams have, even the less successful teams of the 70s and 80s.

I don't see that committment in many in the current team tbh. I can take losing (grumpily), but I hate a lack of effort.

Fingers crossed.

reuben290

Leicester 3-5 game?
Right team, wrong game. It was the Leicester fixture after that at home in January. Won 3-1. All goals in the first half, coming from Van Persie, Falcao and Wes Morgan own goal. Not a famous/infamous game or anything, but I'll always remember it for the line-up, it was like Van Gaal was playing FIFA/fantasy football or something, trying to see how many attacking players he could fit in one line-up.

RochaRoja

1. Schmeichel
2. G. Neville
5. Johnsen
6. Stam (21. Berg 45’)
3. Irwin
7. Beckham
16. Keane
18. Scholes
11. Giggs
19. Yorke (12. P. Neville 85’)
9. Cole (20. Solskjær 73’)

RochaRoja

Coventry away?
Correct. The only time that XI played together in the league.

A slightly more obscure line up

17. Van der Gouw
12. P. Neville
4. Higginbotham
21. Berg
23. Wallwork
14. Cruyff
18. Wilson (7. Beckham 77’)
15. Greening
22. Fortune
20. Solskjær
9. Cole (c)