Nba 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

My money is on the Lakers yet again. Cleveland will be tough again though, LeBron will be hungrier than ever and the the experience of losing to Orlando will help them.

Alex

I'm also excited to see Blake Griffin transitions to the NBA, he reminds me of a young more athletic Carlos Boozer who has really done well in the NBA. I guess I think of him as a synergy of Boozer and Amare.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Can't wait for the draft, a deep one, not alot of respect has been given to this class, but when #30 is predicted to be the best college basketball player ever, there's some talent in this one.

I hope my Raptors shake things up big time

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Richard Jefferson to the Spurs for role players... BIG aq for them, should be back in the hunt in the West.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Fun draft fact of yesteryears: Man Utd Ginobili was drafted 2nd to last.

Fun draft fact of this year: Nothing. We know nothing about how this draft is going to play out besides Griffin going #1.

It's absolutely hilarious watching Memphis right now. Rubio's basically told them to feck off using Marca and various other shenanigans like refusing to work out and then visiting Sacramento and "randomly" deciding to work out for them. Memphis is pounding on their chest trying to look tough, but nobody is really taking them seriously.

As I type Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Wizards have traded for Minnesota Timberwolves guards Randy Foye and Mike Miller. They gave up Etan Thomas, Oleksiy Pecherov, Darius Songaila, and the fifth pick in the draft.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...slug=aw-wasmintrade062309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Alex

Fun draft fact of yesteryears: Man Utd Ginobili was drafted 2nd to last.

Fun draft fact of this year: Nothing. We know nothing about how this draft is going to play out besides Griffin going #1.

It's absolutely hilarious watching Memphis right now. Rubio's basically told them to feck off using Marca and various other shenanigans like refusing to work out and then visiting Sacramento and "randomly" deciding to work out for them. Memphis is pounding on their chest trying to look tough, but nobody is really taking them seriously.

As I type Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Wizards have traded for Minnesota Timberwolves guards Randy Foye and Mike Miller. They gave up Etan Thomas, Oleksiy Pecherov, Darius Songaila, and the fifth pick in the draft.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...slug=aw-wasmintrade062309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
they are better off without rubio, he will be a flop in the nba.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
The Wolves got back to back picks !?

That could be deadly, unless they plan of moving up, no point though with such a deep draft class

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
they are better off without rubio, he will be a flop in the nba.
Nothing is for certain. I certainly think he has the skills to compete in the NBA. The skills he excels at (especially his court vision) are the ones that translate well regardless of where he plays. There's questions about some of his other skills (especially his shooting) but the same is true for everyone else in this draft and stuff like shooting can be improved with practice. And Rubio does happen to be the only player in this draft to have proven himself against NBA players.

I'm certainly happy if they take someone else, but if he happens to fall to #4 (as I think he will), then I would certainly take him. I would not trade up for him, but if he's there, I'd do it. Only time will tell, and there's certainly been a lot of bad European players that have been drafted, but every so often there's an exception, and I'm confident enough that Rubio is one of those exceptions that I'm willing to take that risk.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Don't be surprised if they package those together to try to move up to #2.
OKC won't do it, with the same division and all I couldn't imagine them trading the pick, especially with Thabeet right there, and they desperatly need someone to compliment Durant.

The Wolves I can see maybe moving up slightly, but not packaging 2 or three picks to move up... I could be HORRIBLY wrong but if i'm the Minni GM i'm holding on to them.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Alright, My first round predictions in the event no picks get traded (And in the Raptors case, hopefully the right pick :lol: ):

1. Blake Griffin (LA Clippers) No questions asked here.

2. Ricky Rubio (Memphis) The REAL question is, does this pick get traded or does HE get traded? The Rubio controversy has been brewing for ages, with some claiming he's too egotistical, and some saying he's just simply not THAT good... i'm convinced he'll be okay in the NBA, but everytime a young guy comes from Europe to NBA fame, the name Bargnani comes to mind... sure, Andrea has looked okay, but it's taken time... none of his potential suitors have "Time" to waste.

3. James Harden (Oklahoma City) A potential 1-2 Punch of him and Durant will be deadly, especially with Durants improved perimiter game... Harden is a smart player, has great vision and one of the strongest one-on-one defenders this draft has to offer... good on the ball, better off the ball, a great pick-up here if they decide to address their support for Durant rather than in the middle.

4. Stephen Curry (Sacremento) Will be one of the two or three surprise picks in the lottery, his stock has risen considerably and Sacremento is perfect for this place... The media spin is the Knicks and Suns are interested in moving up to get him, and New York might be perfect in a D'Antoni offence, but neither posess the assets to make a run for this pick so I think the Kings grab him.

5 & 6. Hasheem Thabeet & Tyreke Evans (Minnesota) ... HOWEVER, don't be shocked if Memphis moves down, or swaps with Washington to keep Evans in the state of Tennessee, and moves Rubio to a market he'll actually play in. Thabeet hasn't looked impressive, and if there's one market he can grow in, it's a quiet atmosphere in Minnesota... he was #2 for me last week, but has slipped upon news of his lack of offensive strength.

7. Jordan Hill (Golden State) Probably the most NBA ready player not named Griffin, fits perfect in a high-octane offence and will probably be Blakes competition for rookie of the year... this pick may be a surprise to some but his College game is proof he can, on his day, be a dominating force... he has no fear, which is a great asset for any rookie, expect big things from this "big" man.

8. Gerald Henderson (New York) Here is so unpredictable it's comedy, but I think with what the media has reported, and Henderson's lack of top 10 interest, he fits here... it's unpredictable because, as every draft has proven, nobody knows what the Knicks are going to do... in an important station such as MSG, any player will thrive or fall apart under the spotlight... whoever goes here, will have pressure, but hell, Henderson looked good with Duke, give him a shance.

9. DeMar DeRozan (Toronto) Let's just say if anyone else is picked here, he has alot of making up to do... the kid loves the city of Toronto, and Colangelo will make this happen if it involves trading up... He's one of the most improved in the draft class and has shown improvement on both sides of the court... a good bit of leadership quality may go a long way if the Raptors are to compete in the tough East, and to maintain Chris Bosh beyond this season.

10. Jonny Flynn (Milwaukee) The Bucks get a very very good PG here who is about a year away from regular minutes, but should still produce in his playmaking ability and great dribbling... his stock has decreased, but in a strong PG market it's not saying much for the others.

11. Terrence Williams (New Jersey) A guy who can play either the 2 or 3, and would be a great match with Harris for the long-term... the Nets are slowly re-building, and this guy could play a very vital part in their growth.

12. Tyler Hansbrough (Charlotte) With the release of former UNC star Sean May, the Cats will look big, and with Hansbrough's GREAT workouts garnering interest from all the lottery teams... He'll probably dip below the limelight of the teams who need improvement, but Charlotte showed alot of growth last season and a hustle guy like Hansbrough is exactly what they need to make that step up.

13. Earl Clark (Indiana) Stock has fallen, but the Pacers have been interested, if he's not picked here, don't be shocked if he falls out of the top 20... A project to say the least, but eons of potential that can be matched with time and situations.

14. Brandon Jennings (Phoenix) If the Steve Nash rumors are true, they need a PG... the best are gone at this point, and this kid has ALOT of potential, but alot of arrogance as well... can go anywhere, but will probably slip up and dip this low, which is a great pick up for the Suns if they don't mind a bit of turbulance.

The rest:

15. BJ Mullens (Detroit)
16. James Johnson (Chicago)
17. Ty Lawson (Philadelphia)
18. Jrue Holiday (Minnesota)
19. Jeff Teague (Atlanta)
20. Chase Budinger (Utah)
21. Eric Maynor (New Orleans)
22. DeJuan Blair (Dallas)
23. Omri Casspi (Sacramento)
24. Victor Claver (Portland)
25. Wayne Ellington (Oklahoma City)
26. Toney Douglas (Chicago)
27. Taj Gibson (Memphis)
28. Jonas Jerebko (Minnesota)
29. Derrick Brown (LA Lakers)
30. DaJuan Summers (Cleveland)

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
4. Stephen Curry (Sacremento) Will be one of the two or three surprise picks in the lottery, his stock has risen considerably and Sacremento is perfect for this place... The media spin is the Knicks and Suns are interested in moving up to get him, and New York might be perfect in a D'Antoni offence, but neither posess the assets to make a run for this pick so I think the Kings grab him.
The Kings have certainly been interested in Curry, but his latest workout with the Kings with Evans and Flynn was a HUGE boost for Evans. Curry's defense is no upgrade over Udrih's (pretty much 4 on 5 when he's on the floor). The major plusses for Curry is that he's a very nice character guy and a lights out shooter.

Evans if Memphis bluffs and takes Rubio. Rubio if Memphis chickens out and he drops to #4 while Evans is off the board. If both are available, I have no clue who they're going to take.

Source: http://www.sactownroyalty.com/

But yes. Curry is definitely on their mind. If the pick were say in the 6-9th pick range, they would certainly take him.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Eh. Now front office reports may be indicating that Johnny Flynn will be the pick at #4.

You know what? Let just put a big question mark at #4. This is fecking killing me. Nobody knows what Geoff Petrie is going to do on draft day.

Case in point: Jason Thompson. NOBODY saw that coming.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Key for LAL will be if they retain Ariza and Odom. Also, my friend in Dallas tells me that Kidd might bolt for LAL or Cleveland. He expects the Mavericks to make a blockbuster trade or two this summer.

Alex

Can't wait for the draft, a deep one, not alot of respect has been given to this class, but when #30 is predicted to be the best college basketball player ever, there's some talent in this one.

I hope my Raptors shake things up big time
I didnt know Bill Walton was in the draft

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
The Kings have certainly been interested in Curry, but his latest workout with the Kings with Evans and Flynn was a HUGE boost for Evans. Curry's defense is no upgrade over Udrih's (pretty much 4 on 5 when he's on the floor). The major plusses for Curry is that he's a very nice character guy and a lights out shooter.

Evans if Memphis bluffs and takes Rubio. Rubio if Memphis chickens out and he drops to #4 while Evans is off the board. If both are available, I have no clue who they're going to take.

Source: http://www.sactownroyalty.com/

But yes. Curry is definitely on their mind. If the pick were say in the 6-9th pick range, they would certainly take him.
Eh. Now front office reports may be indicating that Johnny Flynn will be the pick at #4.

You know what? Let just put a big question mark at #4. This is fecking killing me. Nobody knows what Geoff Petrie is going to do on draft day.

Case in point: Jason Thompson. NOBODY saw that coming.
Yeah my buddy told me that I should have waited until literally an hour before the draft to make my predictions, Stephan Curry has now garnered interest from, get this, the Memphis Grizzlies :eek:

Which means one of two things:

1. Curry is what Griffin said to ESPN, the "Second best player in the draft"

or

2. Memphis will trade the pick so someone guarentees to get their guy.

I'm not hard pressed to say it's a three team deal with involves Minni as one of the teams so they get whoever is on their radar, and a team like the Knicks, Raptors, or even a Phoenix as the other party

Also, a pick or 2 was delt as I made the listings, so everything is in the air, should be a fun day tommorow.

Key for LAL will be if they retain Ariza and Odom. Also, my friend in Dallas tells me that Kidd might bolt for LAL or Cleveland. He expects the Mavericks to make a blockbuster trade or two this summer.
Kobe opted out and re-signed for cheaper would have been the ultimate team move, and would have forever erased the comments of him being a bad team player... he didn't (Who were we kidding) and now it's looking like it's a one-or-the-other thing, unless one takes a nasty paycut.

Cleveland will make a move now, and at the trade deadline, to make that run for the title, you can put your pension on it.

I didnt know Bill Walton was in the draft
:lol: my bias shines through huh?

But T has done well, and alot of people think he worked out MUCH better than Danny Green and Ty Lawson, where some pre-workout boards has Hansbrough going mid second round and the other 2 potentially breking lottery.

Alex

The other two have games that translate better too the NBA, and thus are better prospects, TH is a workhorse though

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
The other two have games that translate better too the NBA, and thus are better prospects, TH is a workhorse though
Late in the first round, a lot of times you're happy to get a guy like that. You're lucky if you get someone like Parker or Rondo, but you're just as likely to get someone who won't be in the league for very long.

Hansbrough probably won't be a starter in the league, but he's almost a lock for being a reliable backup for a 10-15 year career. Not a single coach in the NBA would be angry if their GM decided to draft him in the 20s. I wouldn't be surprised if he went late lottery either, because sometimes an energy guy like that can be the difference for teams that are on the bubble. I'd be happy if the Kings got him at 23.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
The Kings may now package the #23 and #31 picks and send them to Detroit for the #15 pick.

It appears Detroit is really serious about dumping salary, because wanting two late picks in an already suspect draft is definitely a questionable move.

Alex

Detroit wants to be able to offer LeBron a boat load of money next season, still doubt he goes there.

Alex

In all honesty that deal could put Cleveland over the top, heard rumors of it after Game 5 of the Finals

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
The New Jersey Nets are in serious talks with the Magic about a deal that will send Vince Carter to Orlando for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee, two league sources told ESPN.com.

The talks have reached a point that a deal could be done by the end of the day Thursday, according to sources.

The trade would give the Magic even more star power on their quest to win an NBA championship. The addition of Carter to a lineup that already consists of All-Star players Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson would make Orlando the favorite to win the Eastern Conference title next year if the franchise also finds a way to bring back Hedo Turkoglu, who will opt out of his contract this summer.

As for the Nets, the move is a cost-cutting measure. Both Alston and Battie are in the last year of their contracts, and trading for them would shave $16.5 million off New Jersey's roster in the summer of 2010 and put the Nets well below the salary cap.

The deal, if completed, would also give the Nets a young, promising shooting guard in Lee.
The Nets have a good draft pick as well, this could be a BIG BIG deal for their future, which could be in Brooklyn... LeBrooooooooooooon

The NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers have sold the No. 29 pick in the first round of the NBA draft to the New York Knicks for $3 million, multiple sources told ESPN.com's Andy Katz.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak followed through on his intention to deal the pick after saying Wednesday the pick had generated a lot of interest.
3 Million could be a nice tinker to negotiations for Ariza, Odom, etc... not a bad idea in all truth.

Alex

Vince Carter to Orlando is a great trade, considering they have Jameer Nelson and Anthony Johnson still for the pg spot.

Haha, Yao is fecked his minor foot break should have been healed already, but Houston is now saying that he is out indefinently.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Vince Carter to Orlando is a great trade, considering they have Jameer Nelson and Anthony Johnson still for the pg spot.

Haha, Yao is fecked his minor foot break should have been healed already, but Houston is now saying that he is out indefinently.
Alot of murmers now about T-Mac getting traded... but why not Yao?

His commercial appeal is certainly done with until he moves markets

Alex

Reckon about 12 people are watching the NBA Draft right now haha

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Yeah i've been back and forth between this and the news, but Tyler went 13 which is awesome !

Lawson is the third PG picked in Minni ?!? I think one of the three they picked gets dealt now

mboRa ndomHer0723

Any thoughts on the Bulls picks, Taj Gibson and James Johnson?

I am OK with the Johnson pick but I would rather have had Ellington or a scorer instead of Gibson. Seems like the Bulls just got some tweeners and bench help for the next few years

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
VERY proud of the UNC program to once again supply a few first rounders... Danny Green will be picked soon as well hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.