g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NBA 2020-2021

Ladron de redcafe

Nets vs Bucks is the finals in my opinion
The NBA uses conferences for its playoff format and, the winner of the Eastern conference plays the winner of the West in the finals. Due to the fact that both the Nets and the Bucks are in the East and their seeding, play each other in the eastern conference semi finals, unfortunately.

Having said that, it's a shame because those might be the two best teams left and a matchup between them might be the most exciting one left.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
That was closer than it had to be, but it's great to get this series win at Staples Centre after all the clowning LeBron did in game 3.

feck that classless clown

elmo

The NBA uses conferences for its playoff format and, the winner of the Eastern conference plays the winner of the West in the finals. Due to the fact that both the Nets and the Bucks are in the East and their seeding, play each other in the eastern conference semi finals, unfortunately.

Having said that, it's a shame because those might be the two best teams left and a matchup between them might be the most exciting one left.
He means the winner of that series will win the title

sport2793

The Bucks are trash, this is the dumbest thing I read on this forum. Suns beat them twice this year. Nets should win it all fairly comfortably though.

edcunited1878

Barkley*
He didn't reinjure it, from what's been reported. It's just that his mobility was incumbered beyond what they thought it would be and decided the right decision was to pull him out.

Not what people expected of the defending champions, and LeBron wasn't nearly as effective as he would have had to be for the Lakers to be competitive without AD. On the other hand, the much younger Devin Booker elevated his play with Chris Paul being hobbled.

Father time always wins, and I wonder what version of LeBron we'll see by the next playoffs. He would be 37 and I'd imagine that he might be a slightly lesser version of current LeBron when we see him next.
LBJ can adapt his game as he gets older as he isn't capable of carrying a team by himself. That's why it was so important for AD to take control last year and take to the opponent. Danny Green ended up being a more important piece than Lakers anticipated.

Lakers didn't make enough shots, Davis played for one good game. And Suns outclassed the Lakers.

People gave LBJ and Lakers the benefit of the doubt to turn the switch on. It didn't happen obviously and Suns were overlooked by a lot of people.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
That was closer than it had to be, but it's great to get this series win at Staples Centre after all the clowning LeBron did in game 3.

feck that classless clown
Was it just me or did he leave the court without shaking hands with the Suns players? They showed him leaving, with Ben Macklemore, but other Laker players were still on court.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Best thing would be a Luka or Trae miracle run but it's surely Brooklyn odds on at this point.

edcunited1878

Nets will have a battle against the Bucks and probably the Sixers. Nets haven't played against good defensive teams and teams with length.

Embid's injury changes the entire picture in the East. Bucks v Nets may be the series of the playoffs. Both teams match-up well against each other and people shouldn't be looking past the Bucks just because the Nets can score with their Big 3 and Harris.

ZDwyr

Can't be....one, but not both will advance to the East Finals. Embid is not 100%, so it makes the winner of the Nets v Bucks the favorite in the East.
I think he meant that Bucks v Nets is the final in that whoever wins will win the championship. Think I agree with that.

sport2793

I think he meant that Bucks v Nets is the final in that whoever wins will win the championship. Think I agree with that.
I don't see the Bucks beating any Western Conference team, where is this crap coming from? Moot point anyways as I doubt they take the Nets to 6 games.

Ladron de redcafe

He means the winner of that series will win the title
I see. Fair enough. A throwback to the early 2000s when the winner of the Western Conference was expected to win the championship regardless of which team won the Easy.
People gave LBJ and Lakers the benefit of the doubt to turn the switch on. It didn't happen obviously and Suns were overlooked by a lot of people.
Apparently so. It might be a combination of the Suns being better than advertised and the Lakers being a lesser version of themselves.

Incidentally, LeBron walked off without shaking Chris Paul's hands. That's going to raise some eyebrows because if I'm correct, Chris Paul is one of his best friends and is the Godfather to one of Lebron's kids.

RooneyLegend

I just don't know what the Bucks can do with Harden. I can see the Greek freak doing a decent job on KD and Holiday keeping Kyrie respectable but what are they gonna do against Harden? PJ Tucker? Anyone?

RooneyLegend

I see. Fair enough. A throwback to the early 2000s when the winner of the Western Conference was expected to win the championship regardless of which team won the Easy.

Apparently so. It might be a combination of the Suns being better than advertised and the Lakers being a lesser version of themselves.

Incidentally, LeBron walked off without shaking Chris Paul's hands. That's going to raise some eyebrows because if I'm correct, Chris Paul is one of his best friends and is the Godfather to one of Lebron's kids.
The Lakers made mess of that. Basically allowed themselves to be beat by one player. When they finally slowed him down the game was long gone. It would be excusable if the sun's were fully loaded and firing from all cylinders but that wasn't the case.

Ladron de redcafe

The Lakers made mess of that. Basically allowed themselves to be beat by one player. When they finally slowed him down the game was long gone. It would be excusable if the sun's were fully loaded and firing from all cylinders but that wasn't the case.
I also think that Booker played smart and didn't force the issue when the hard doubles started to take place later on. Knowing that the advantage is somewhere else and that the right play is to go to a 4 on 3 showed a requisite maturity by a young player that others might not have had.

elmo

I just don't know what the Bucks can do with Harden. I can see the Greek freak doing a decent job on KD and Holiday keeping Kyrie respectable but what are they gonna do against Harden? PJ Tucker? Anyone?
Holiday on Harden and Kris Middleton on Kyrie.

Bucks can win if Middleton has a great series.

elmo

Hopefully that'll convince CP3 to stick around and not go team up with LeBron

RooneyLegend

Holiday on Harden and Kris Middleton on Kyrie.

Bucks can win if Middleton has a great series.
Can't see Holiday doing anything with Harden, he's to strong for him. Middleton trying to keep up with Kyrie would be funny. PJ Tucker is the only hope.

elmo

Can't see Holiday doing anything with Harden, he's to strong for him. Middleton trying to keep up with Kyrie would be funny. PJ Tucker is the only hope.
Jrue has forced Harden to shoot below his average and stopped him from getting to the line everytime they matched up for about 4 seasons straight now. If that's not doing anything to Harden, the Bucks will gladly take it.

PJ Tucker can't keep up with Kyrie all game, Middleton will be tasked to use his height and length to guard Kyrie on the perimeter to force Kyrie to keep driving into the paint where he'll have to go up against PJ Tucker.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why did they pursue that trade? Was it one of those "maybe he's still great" roll of the dice?
I guess so. I mean, before the big knee injury he looked like a terror, an impossibly tall guy with great mobility who could dominate the paint at both ends of the floor AND score from 30 feet? That version of Porzingis(which existed only for a few months in fairness) would have been perfect for the mavs

Unfortunately he's not that
Thats piss poor from Portland, they shouldnt lose this series vs this Denver team. Letting MPJ nuke 1st qtr, when he is so easy to shut down, with his handling, you go a bit physical and apply some pressure and he is not able to shake shit off. Compare Denver starting 5 from buble to this, i mean, people say Jokic makes players around him better but without Murray they shouldnt pass Portland imo.
I think you're overrating portland and underrating Jokic. Joker is the best basketball player on earth right now, of course he can beat the blazers without Murray. If the mavs seal the deal against the clippers i think he's good enough to take the nuggets to the finals in fact
Poor Lakers, this is embarrassing. AD is great and all but the Suns have practically played the whole series with a CP1.5 ffs. You have to do better than this.
Suns 3rd to 8th best players are all better than the non LBJ/AD lakers. We're built around having two of the 5 best players in the league, and defence. If those two are *not* both top 5 players, for whatever reason, we just don't have enough offence to compete against great teams like these suns
Nets vs Bucks is the finals in my opinion
Depends on Embiid imo...
Best thing would be a Luka or Trae miracle run but it's surely Brooklyn odds on at this point.
Always has been

ZDwyr

Jrue should guard Kyrie. His strength could frustrate him. I'd have Middleton guard Harden.

ZDwyr

Isn't CP3 on a huge contract? How would he go to the Lakers?
The reporting is he will decline his player option for the $44 million. However, he will more than likely just renegotiate a contract with more years with the Suns. I doubt he wants to go to LA for a vet minimum.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The reporting is he will decline his player option for the $44 million. However, he will more than likely just renegotiate a contract with more years with the Suns. I doubt he wants to go to LA for a vet minimum.
Yeah I don't see it happening at all. A lot of money to turn down.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Especially after the season they’ve had at Suns and with that team beside him being very young (all of their core except Crowder at 26 or younger). He will probably sign up for something like $100m for 3 years, reducing next years salary but securing an extra $56million beyond that. Maybe even $100m for 4 years would be okay for him, he’d probably not get $19m a year at 37 anyway if he lets his current deal expire while picking up his player option.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
To then stick around and do stuff like this? Such a fecking coward.

I didn't realize Booker is the only player on the Suns.

No matter if he did end up meeting the players end, walking out without acknowledging the other players after being knocked out looks classless. He did the same after the game 5, exited the court 5 minutes before the final whistle.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I didn't realize you were inside the Staples Center dressing rooms either.

CP3 is one of his closest friends in and outside of the NBA. People really believing he didn't even congratulate him ffs :boring:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
People who wanna bash on LeBron are always gonna find something to bash him with. Truth is we have no idea what goes on inside the locker rooms and it doesn't matter one bit if you congratulate your opponent on the field or off of it.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I didn't realize you were inside the Staples Center dressing rooms either.

CP3 is one of his closest friends in and outside of the NBA. People really believing he didn't even congratulate him ffs :boring:
Did you read beyond my first line? I said that even if he did visit them, it still looks bad when you just walk off right after losing without acknowledging them on the court.

If people just want to bash LeBron, there are plenty more ways to bash him after this series other than this.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

No matter if he did end up meeting the players end, walking out without acknowledging the other players after being knocked out looks classless. He did the same after the game 5, exited the court 5 minutes before the final whistle.
I agree it might be one of his superstar diva things but he might also be injured.