NBA 2023-2024

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
This year's draft has already taken place. Surely time for a new thread.

Can the Nuggets repeat?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I saw a thing recently about a very tall French boy. Is he in the NBA yet?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Is that the kid who seemed to be all over Reddit a few years back when he was like 7 ft already around the age of 16 or whatever?
He was listed at over 7 feet at the age of 16, so it could be.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Good idea to create new thread but some rebels are still in the old one

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I asked a question about Bronny James in the old thread but does Lebron’s contract conveniently run out after this coming season? And is it expected he’ll join wherever his son is drafted?

Or is that all a bit premature if Bronny isn’t expecting to be a contributor early on in his career?

Sarni

Harden wants out of Sixers but has opted in, so not going to Rockets. I’m not sure the market for him will be great. Maybe Clippers?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Harden wants out of Sixers but has opted in, so not going to Rockets. I’m not sure the market for him will be great. Maybe Clippers?
Harden having a role in getting Doc fired and still leaving is crazy :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Also glad we’re seemingly out of the Harden chase.

We’re heavily linked with Vanvleet on a 2/83 deal, which is a contract that suits our timeline much better.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Man Harden’s career post-Houston is the weirdest thing ever.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I asked a question about Bronny James in the old thread but does Lebron’s contract conveniently run out after this coming season? And is it expected he’ll join wherever his son is drafted?

Or is that all a bit premature if Bronny isn’t expecting to be a contributor early on in his career?
LeBron made it very clear in an IG story this week that he was going to join whoever it was that drafted Bronny.

Which invariably artificially moves Bronny up the draft board because you are getting a 2for1 deal with them for at least 1 season.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Interested in seeing if the Celts get rid of Grant Williams, who is a poundland Draymond who could still command the new MLE in a number of markets imho.

ps. the Smart trade was a stab, such ruthlessness only kills morale and makes players wonder (Horford next?).

vangagal

Is Bronny any good? A late first round pick or a second round? Read some reports that next year draft considerably a weaker class?

Woild be fun if Bronny get drafted by Hornets, MJ still an owner and LeGM working under the real GOAT.

Sandyman

I have no idea what the Sixers and Morey are thinking right now

Sarni

The premise of Kyrie to Suns is something I can’t even begin to understand. He’s apparently going to meet with them the minute free agency opens but where would he even fit? They already have Beal and Booker backcourt, you can’t shift either of them to any other position.

ZDwyr

The premise of Kyrie to Suns is something I can’t even begin to understand. He’s apparently going to meet with them the minute free agency opens but where would he even fit? They already have Beal and Booker backcourt, you can’t shift either of them to any other position.
Think it's just Kyrie using Haynes as a mouthpiece to put leverage on Dallas.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Is Bronny any good? A late first round pick or a second round? Read some reports that next year draft considerably a weaker class?

Woild be fun if Bronny get drafted by Hornets, MJ still an owner and LeGM working under the real GOAT.
Right now late 1st pick projection. Let's see how he does at UCLA... Could boost his standings into the low tweens or tank him

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Houston’s cap space is proving to be a big problem for teams. Brook Lopez would be an amazing addition to the Rockets. Great mentor to Sengun and he offers the things Sengun is weak on.

Not sold on Dillon Brooks personally though.

Sarni

Clippers are the only team that makes sense for Harden. He’d help them go through regular season while PG and Kawhi recover from injury after injury and would then help them in the playoffs. Knicks are a dumb link, they are not at the stage where they should be going all in for a superstar nor it makes any sense to take the ball out of Brunson’s hands after the season he had. I don’t think anyone else is really that interested.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Clippers are the only team that makes sense for Harden. He’d help them go through regular season while PG and Kawhi recover from injury after injury and would then help them in the playoffs. Knicks are a dumb link, they are not at the stage where they should be going all in for a superstar nor it makes any sense to take the ball out of Brunson’s hands after the season he had. I don’t think anyone else is really that interested.
Please stop your nonsense! We have a KAT adoption to conclude.

Sarni

You don’t think this means Dame is now staying?

It was always going to happen. Grant would be worth keeping regardless of Dame’s future. The team is not good enough to compete with top of the West and it makes very little sense to keep trying to build it up to be.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Irving resigning with the Mavs.

sport2793

Suns did a great job in FA, signing 6 players in 90 minutes that have clear defined roles.

adexkola

Supports
Houston’s cap space is proving to be a big problem for teams. Brook Lopez would be an amazing addition to the Rockets. Great mentor to Sengun and he offers the things Sengun is weak on.

Not sold on Dillon Brooks personally though.

Brooks is a great defender. Limit him to 5 shots per game within the offense and you're good.

Sarni

So Blazers as expected, handing out a heavy contract to Grant so we can appease Dame and pretend that we can be a contender, which as I said yesterday will probably not help us keep him all that much when the big guns start calling (nor do I think we should be keeping him).

Our problem was that the teams with cap space also had some need for a wing so there was also a chance of someone else offering him a similar contract.

We are significantly over salary cap now with maybe a 35 win team. :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Brooks is a great defender. Limit him to 5 shots per game within the offense and you're good.
Wasn’t he complaining about wanting even more shots last season? I’m worried that coming to a rebuilding team like Houston that he thinks he gets to be the man and take as many shots as he wants. If he comes, I hope Udoka lives up to his ‘mr accountability’ reputation and keeps him in line.

adexkola

Supports
Wasn’t he complaining about wanting even more shots last season? I’m worried that coming to a rebuilding team like Houston that he thinks he gets to be the man and take as many shots as he wants. If he comes, I hope Udoka lives up to his ‘mr accountability’ reputation and keeps him in line.
Yes he was :lol:

Udoka should be able to keep him in check.