NBA 2023-2024

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yes he was :lol:

Udoka should be able to keep him in check.
I hope so.

Though after the contract we’ve just given to FVV I’m not sure we have enough cap space left over to sign him, after we give Lopez 20M.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
With the accumulation of talent at the top, only teams with actual MVP-caliber players stand a chance nowadays!?

SinNombre

With the accumulation of talent at the top, only teams with actual MVP-caliber players stand a chance nowadays!?
This has always been the case. When was the last time a team won without a top-5 player or two top-10 players?

SinNombre

Don't like that 4th year especially as a player option.
That’s a write-off year but it is a team friendly which only starts at 22m on year 1 and saves 45m in luxury taxes.

I was hoping for 80/3, this is also acceptable.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This has always been the case. When was the last time a team won without a top-5 player or two top-10 players?
Maybe Dallas? Depending on how high you have Dirk.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Expected I guess but oh boy.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I had the right hint this time, told you only yesterday. Where are all the people who said I’m always wrong? :)

For what it’s worth I am very happy with this. The franchise needed this badly and I am far more excited about this rebuild than I’d have been about treading water.

SinNombre

I had the right hint this time, told you only yesterday. Where are all the people who said I’m always wrong? :)

For what it’s worth I am very happy with this. The franchise needed this badly and I am far more excited about this rebuild than I’d have been about treading water.
Congrats - this is the right choice for you guys.

Would you want to trade Simons while he still has good trade value?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

Fleece the shit out of Miami.

JPRouve

Scout

Nowhere we all agree with your takes.

James_42

So Dame wants out, making that ridiculous contract Portland gave Grant even more crazy.

Sarni

So Dame wants out, making that ridiculous contract Portland gave Grant even more crazy.
On the other hand we have to pay someone and we would probably be under salary floor soon.

Sarni

Congrats - this is the right choice for you guys.

Would you want to trade Simons while he still has good trade value?
I want to keep Simons now. He’s going to thrive in current situation.

Scoot, Sharpe and Simons.

Sarni

Yeah I don’t know if Dame forced them into this, which would be a pretty dick move.
Yeah I think we did it because he expected us to do it. But I don’t actually mind it all that much. Wizards extended Kuzma for similar money and it was equally pointless and understandable at the same time.

Sarni

Which destinations make most sense for Dame? Could he be a Laker?
We would need to treat this as a salary dump to send him to Lakers. Far fetched to imagine that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

You already have pieces it takes some teams 2 years of tanking to have so your rebuild starting point is actually unreal. Happy for you.

Last edited:

edcunited1878

Dame wants to go to Miami or Brooklyn. Can see a 3 team trade as moving Dame directly to a team will be difficult, but adding the 3rd team will help fill the difference in salary, players, picks, etc.

Sarni

You already have pieces it takes some teams 2 years of tanking to have so you’re rebuild starting point is actually unreal. Happy for you.
We first got lucky with Sharpe’s injury which probably caused him to drop from a certain top 4 pick to 7th and then got lucky through draft lottery and Hornets incompetence. Feels great indeed.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
One of the Sixers’ tech guys needs to put a filter in Daryl Morey’s laptop that removes ‘former Rockets’ from his player database :lol:

Apokalips

Guess that depends if Dirk was still a top five in 2011. There was LeBron, Durant, Wade, Kobe still balling out and Rose won MVP.
Don't forget Dwight! Dirk was great but definitely wasn't really a consensus top 5 at that point tbh.

JPRouve

Scout
Dame wants to go to Miami or Brooklyn. Can see a 3 team trade as moving Dame directly to a team will be difficult, but adding the 3rd team will help fill the difference in salary, players, picks, etc.
I have a working trade!

Nets get Lillard and Kyle Anderson
Wolves get Briges and Cam Johnson
Blazers get KAT.

No one would reject that. :angel:

Sarni

I have a working trade!

Nets get Lillard and Kyle Anderson
Wolves get Briges and Cam Johnson
Blazers get KAT.

No one would reject that. :angel:
Nets can’t trade Johnson legally and Cabot Bridges either to be honest as Dame would be playing with nobody. I’d take Towns but we would need more.

entropy

Scoot and Shae will build new memories for us.
yeah, it’ll be a fun rebuild. that’s for sure. it could have been a lot worse tbh. haynes confirming that dame’s trade will most likely involve a third team means we won’t get fleeced by heat. so more incoming assets/picks.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I guess this is happening

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
yeah, it’ll be a fun rebuild. that’s for sure. it could have been a lot worse tbh. haynes confirming that dame’s trade will most likely involve a third team means we won’t get fleeced by heat. so more incoming assets/picks.
I’m not gonna lie, as a fan of a team who has been in rebuild mode for 3 years, the removal of any stress that comes from being win now mode was nice, and when you have young guys that are just out there developing, it’s cool to just watch games without paying attention to the standings and win/loss columns.

ZDwyr

Dame would. What’s the point of going to the Nets of Mikal isn’t on the roster.
He is under contract though. He can refuse all he wants but ultimately will go where they want him to go.