NBA 2023-2024

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Haha, it's something! No picks?!

The salary might be there though for all parties.
You can add picks however you want, I'm not comfortable with the worth of picks. People can adjust these things how they see fit.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It seems Miami is Dame’s preferred and possibly the only destination he truly wants to go to but I don’t really entertain the idea that we owe it to him to facilitate that trade. His loyalty to Portland did not come at zero cost, he’s got max contract after max contract and is now signed until 2027 with a whopping $64m in the last year of that deal, we don’t owe him anything really and should just go with the best offer out there.

I actually reckon Sixers will be able to build a package that is stronger than Heat’s offer of Herro, Robinson and 2-3 picks. They will probably be able to get quite a lot in return from Clippers in Harden deal, which could be rerouted our direction. I’d be up for a trade that would send us Mann and 4-5 first round picks + some swaps.

Heat would need to find a buyer for Herro, and add some picks via that route, only then I can see this deal happening. And they absolutely need to include both Jaquez and Jovic, no questions.

entropy

It seems Miami is Dame’s preferred and possibly the only destination he truly wants to go to but I don’t really entertain the idea that we owe it to him to facilitate that trade. His loyalty to Portland did not come at zero cost, he’s got max contract after max contract and is now signed until 2027 with a whopping $64m in the last year of that deal, we don’t owe him anything really and should just go with the best offer out there.

I actually reckon Sixers will be able to build a package that is stronger than Heat’s offer of Herro, Robinson and 2-3 picks. They will probably be able to get quite a lot in return from Clippers in Harden deal, which could be rerouted our direction. I’d be up for a trade that would send us Mann and 4-5 first round picks + some swaps.

Heat would need to find a buyer for Herro, and add some picks via that route, only then I can see this deal happening. And they absolutely need to include both Jaquez and Jovic, no questions.
couldn’t agree more. I really really hope cronin delivers on this and doesn’t get fleeced for herro and three first-round picks. it also amazes me how undervalued someone like dame is. especially when you compare it with harden who got traded for three frps and four swaps, or KD who went for four frps. dame is coming off his best season, rarely gets injured, and performs well under pressure.

Sarni

couldn’t agree more. I really really hope cronin delivers on this and doesn’t get fleeced for herro and three first-round picks. it also amazes me how undervalued someone like dame is. especially when you compare it with harden who got traded for three frps and four swaps, or KD who went for four frps. dame is coming off his best season, rarely gets injured, and performs well under pressure.
I hate the idea that we will probably get much less for him than Utah got for either of Mitchell and Gobert. Mitchell at least is younger but not at the same level at all, Gobert v Lillard is ridiculous. Admittedly they both went to teams whose picks are quite tasty but still.

Sarni

dame to the sixers? yuck I hate it for him.
Yeah but they can easily get 2-3 picks from Clippers for Harden, they can offer their picks as well and they could probably even reroute Maxey somewhere to acquire more assets. I think Morey would not stop at anything when it comes to pairing Dame and Embiid.

They and Knicks would have the most compelling offers.

R'hllor

Jeff Green to Rockets, finally no more watching forever minus guy that cant be bother to rebound, best of luck to him, happy that he won his ring with some important moments. Guess they want to have some vets, spec. recent chip winning one around those young players in Houston. Malone is screwed now, he has to pick different vet to force from the bench regardless of performance.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Pretty certain Cronin said to Dame he doesn't want be the person to trade him. So, Dame asks for a trade and goes to the contender in exchange. There is no point in asking a trade and ending up in Nets or Spurs from Lillard point of view.

Now, will Cronin stick to his promise if the better deal from a lesser team comes, that's a valid question. Am expecting Dame to end up in Miami or Philadelphia (he prefers Miami by the look of things).

Sarni

Miami signed Jaquez BTW so now cannot trade him for the next 30 days, meaning he is probably not going to be part of this trade. A bit of a joke as they are already quite light on assets.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Miami signed Jaquez BTW so now cannot trade him for the next 30 days, meaning he is probably not going to be part of this trade. A bit of a joke as they are already quite light on assets.
Lillard in Boston (without Brown) for a two-years, win-now attempt seems not as far fetched as two days ago. And I would not complain, no owner can sustain the repeater penalty for long and without maximising their chances. Go ahead, Brad, all-or-nothing!

Sarni

Lillard in Boston (without Brown) for a two-years, win-now attempt seems not as far fetched as two days ago. And I would not complain, no owner can sustain the repeater penalty for long and without maximising their chances. Go ahead, Brad, all-or-nothing!
You mean without trading Brown? That is impossible.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't see how he ends up there, they have nothing to offer and even in three way trade they have next to nothing to offer. Ignoring picks does this make sense?

Cavs get Herro and Love
Blazers get Garland and Lowry
Heat get Lillard and Thybulle

Sarni

I don't see how he ends up there, they have nothing to offer and even in three way trade they have next to nothing to offer. Ignoring picks does this make sense?

Cavs get Herro and Love
Blazers get Garland and Lowry
Heat get Lillard and Thybulle
Nope, we don’t go into rebuild with Scoot only to immediately get a player that will play ahead of him.

He will go to Miami and we will take 50 cents on the dollar. I just hate the general notion that Blazers owe it to Dame.

JPRouve

Scout
Nope, we don’t go into rebuild with Scoot only to immediately get a player that will play ahead of him.
That's what I assumed but you can always flip him, for a forward or center?

Sarni

That's what I assumed but you can always flip him, for a forward or center?
I wouldn’t want this deal to be this complicated though where we have to look for yet another team to send the assets to.

Also Garland is considerably better than Herro so not much in it for Cavs either.

JPRouve

Scout
I wouldn’t want this deal to be this complicated though where we have to look for yet another team to send the assets to.

Also Garland is considerably better than Herro so not much in it for Cavs either.
Fair enough. I really don't see how the Heat make it work without a multi teams deal and even then they have the least to offer. If you were interested in KAT or Garland some deals would make sense though.

Baneofthegame

Some absolutely mental contracts being handed out in free agency.

Also saw Wemby in a spurs shirt for the first time, dude looks like a rake, needs to phone Giannis asap.

Sarni

Fair enough. I really don't see how the Heat make it work without a multi teams deal and even then they have the least to offer. If you were interested in KAT or Garland some deals would make sense though.
Noises today are that Blazers are not looking to facilitate the deal for Dame but to take the best offer available, however with him stating his preference very clearly it might be tough to get other teams to bid above what Heat can offer. He’s under contract until 2027 so whoever gets him has certainty of keeping him long term though, even if he’s disgruntled at first he will need to play for whoever is his team when the season starts.

The issue with Heat’s offer is that they have no players of interest. Bam is the only one they could trade to us that pretty much anyone would consider a good get but he’s off the table for sure. Herro has very little value to Blazers, he’s basically Simons and we already have Simons. His value around the league is also not going to be spectacular as he’s quite a limited player. I don’t really know who needs a scorer and would be willing to offer Heat a good deal for him, and obviously everyone knows the situation they are in, everyone will try to lowball them. Duncan Robinson is negative value.

The fact that they took Jaquez off the table by signing him to that deal already is also quite presumptuous. It’s like they know Dame will try to force a move to them specifically and they don’t feel like they even need to make a good offer.

Baneofthegame

Was nervous as feck. I swear this whole thing (new this, new that, best prospect ever) is mental.

Leave the kid alone.
Like I said previously, I hope he has a great career and lives up to the hype, but he will need to strengthen his frame imo.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This felt like a bad contract at first, like a terrible overpay but I’ve since read the 3rd year is a team option, which essentially makes it an expiring contract in 12 months unless it suits Houston to keep him around for an extra year. It’s a great contract.

Sarni

This felt like a bad contract at first, like a terrible overpay but I’ve since read the 3rd year is a team option, which essentially makes it an expiring contract in 12 months unless it suits Houston to keep him around for an extra year. It’s a great contract.
It’s a great deal for both sides. FVV gets paid like a superstar he isn’t and Rockets get a good point guard to help their young players progress. They missed an influence of an older, experienced leader badly those last two seasons.

Sarni

In a completely open market where every team has a chance and feel like they should be going after Dame, we are going to get the best offer from one of Pelicans, Jazz or Raptors.

Barnes and picks from Toronto would be the dream. Jazz could give us a haul of picks.

Timdbro

Eric Gordon for $6m over 2y is quite a boon for the Suns, was looking like they’d have very little of note beyond the stars.

Sarni

Eric Gordon for $6m over 2y is quite a boon for the Suns, was looking like they’d have very little of note beyond the stars.
He’s a good bench option for sure but I actually preferred what they did with younger players at the beginning of free agency. Just fill the roster with players who know their role and won’t try to be too much - Bates-Diop, Metu, Eubanks, Okogie and especially Watanabe. Awesome signings.

sport2793

In a completely open market where every team has a chance and feel like they should be going after Dame, we are going to get the best offer from one of Pelicans, Jazz or Raptors.

Barnes and picks from Toronto would be the dream. Jazz could give us a haul of picks.
I think the concern is that the teams you mention will not make the kind of offers they otherwise would as Dame will probably threaten to be disgruntled while playing for them, similar to how the KD BKN situation played out.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Raptors aren't doing Barnes and picks for anybody. Rajakovic beamed about the chance to work with him and I think he sees him as an unmoveable piece going forward.

I like what the Lakers have done and I think that Reaves deal is going to look like a steal come the end of the year. If it isn't already. Would have liked to keep Schroeder but thems the breaks.

Sarni

I think the concern is that the teams you mention will not make the kind of offers they otherwise would as Dame will probably threaten to be disgruntled while playing for them, similar to how the KD BKN situation played out.
I don’t think we will have anyone other than Miami and Sixers bidding which means we will get a poor deal.

Fridge chutney

Yeah i agree. I think if Houston had limited cap space, it would be a pretty stupid contract to give and definitely an overpay. But they won't need to worry about big contracts for their soon-to-be superstars Jalen Green, Jabari Smith and Sengun until 2025+. So overpaying for Freddie doesn't really matter for the next 2 years.

Their young stars can learn a lot from FVV who can read the game exceptionally and also has an excellent work ethic.

With that said, it is weird to me that Freddie is getting more than Kawhi and Demar did when they left the Raptors.

Fridge chutney

This would be terrible for the Raps and i can't imagine Masai Ujiri compromising what is a necessary rebuild for a superstar who wouldn't have a supporting cast to do anything special.

Toronto already are pick light after Poeltl so i would be surprised if they trade any more away.

sport2793

I don’t think we will have anyone other than Miami and Sixers bidding which means we will get a poor deal.
I think Sixers can potentially put together a decent deal depending on what they get from the Clips for Harden. Speaking of whom, I'm surprised we haven't heard more about that trade being finalized as I don't think anyone else has been linked with Harden.

JPRouve

Scout
The Wolves are allegedly among the teams inquiring about Lillard. I wonder what the offer would be.

RORY65

The Wolves are allegedly among the teams inquiring about Lillard. I wonder what the offer would be.

I'd imagine you could make a better offer than the Clippers, who are short on picks and have no real players to offer (I know the Timberwolves gave up a lot of assets last year but still have Towns and some other pieces), but New Orleans surely can make the best offer from those teams given the draft capital and young players, potentially including even Zion, that they could offer.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What could the Celtics offer? Brogdan, Williams and picks?

woof.

Unless Jaylen Brown is really disgruntled, I can’t see them getting anything done.