NBA 2023-2024

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I keep seeing possible trades being proposed online for Jonsthan Kuminga. He ain't going anywhere. There's a decent argument to be made that he is now the Dubs 2nd best player.

Keep your damn hands off our J.K.

SinNombre

I keep seeing possible trades being proposed online for Jonsthan Kuminga. He ain't going anywhere. There's a decent argument to be made that he is now the Dubs 2nd best player.

Keep your damn hands off our J.K.
If the Warriors were going to trade him, he would have been gone already as part of the Siakam package.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
If the Warriors were going to trade him, he would have been gone already as part of the Siakam package.
He isn't going anywhere. All this online stuff is bull. Once again tonight he's got 14 points in 13 minutes off the bench and it's only HT.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Another 1 point loss with a couple of chances to win it. 33 from Steph and 31 from J.K not enough. Every starter had a negative +/- and every bench player had a positive +/-. It really is time for a changing of the guard. I've loved Steve Kerr as a coach over the years but it gets to a point where loyalty to the vets is hurting the team.

Skåre Willoch

Is Klay on the trading block for the Warriors? And perhaps Chris Paul? They need something to change, and they need it quick. While Klays value probably isn't huge - he's on an expiring contract which might fetch at least something.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Is Klay on the trading block for the Warriors? And perhaps Chris Paul? They need something to change, and they need it quick. While Klays value probably isn't huge - he's on an expiring contract which might fetch at least something.
Klay has been a great player for the Dubs over the years. A first ballot HOFer more than likely, but his career is definitely on the decline. The Warriors offered him a two year 48 million dollar extension before the season started and he turned it down. IMLTHO that in itself was way too much. Klay to me is now in the same class as Russell Westbrook. Both great players in their time but Russ is now making less than 4 million per year and that's about what Klay should be looking at down the road. He more than likely will get more. I just hope it's not from the Dubs. I'd love him to stay just for nostalgia but not at 24 million plus per year.

As for trading him. I think that's the best solution but I'd be really surprised if the Dubs do it. As I said I'd like him to stay but as this point in his career he's a role player and the Dubs need to be paying him like one.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
With how competitive both conferences are, I can't wait to see what the trade deadline will bring us.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
According to the Joker (advising Chet Holmgren) "if you ain't fat, you ain't all that."

Paraphrasing. :D
Jokic has actually leaned down a bit hasn’t he? I reckon Luka could probably drop 10 pounds and he’d be considerably more effective. Which is a bit scary because he’s clearly pretty effective already

slored1

Luka MF Doncic!!! Glad I was able to witness this while it was happening, what a player.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Jokic has actually leaned down a bit hasn’t he? I reckon Luka could probably drop 10 pounds and he’d be considerably more effective. Which is a bit scary because he’s clearly pretty effective already
Not sure honestly. The extra pounds work pretty well in absorbing contact and driving through people, and that's a very big part of his game

Bobski

Would be kinda nice to see some defense in the regular season. Players are more skilled, better shooters and the spacing caters to efficiency like never before but still, seems like every week multiple players are hitting 50+ and teams 140-150+. Doesn't even need major rule changes to bring some balance back, call the moving screens, the egregious travels/carrying violations and stop calling so many soft fouls on the defense.

Makes the high scoring much less impressive for me.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Not sure honestly. The extra pounds work pretty well in absorbing contact and driving through people, and that's a very big part of his game
Maybe so…his size obviously makes him such a unique problem to guard. Just reckon he could swap a bit of that podge for muscle
Would be kinda nice to see some defense in the regular season. Players are more skilled, better shooters and the spacing caters to efficiency like never before but still, seems like every week multiple players are hitting 50+ and teams 140-150+. Doesn't even need major rule changes to bring some balance back, call the moving screens, the egregious travels/carrying violations and stop calling so many soft fouls on the defense.

Makes the high scoring much less impressive for me.
And punish the flopping. Drives me mental

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I see Cam Reddish is out at least 2 weeks because he rolled his ankle. My "favorite" player James Harden in attempting to pick up another bogus foul kicks out his leg to the side to try and make contact with Reddish and make it look like the latter had invaded his landing space. Well he managed it ok and by getting his foot underneath him, Reddish rolled his ankle.

Nasty piece of work.

Cheat.

James Harden injured Lakers' Cam Reddish with 'landing space' gimmick that is supposed to be illegal (msn.com)

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Officiating in the NBA is such a joke. Big win but Ham needs to be fired. Lebron with 36-20-12

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Officiating in the NBA is such a joke. Big win but Ham needs to be fired. Lebron with 36-20-12
Free throws have become a joke. If you breathe on somebody these days it's a foul. The Lakers shot 43 free throws, the Warriors 16.

Kaush949

Could this be Clippers' year?

or will they brick it as usual.

PG, Kawhi, Harden reminds me of 2007 Celtics. All 3 at the tailend of their peak.

It helps that there is no scoring pressure on Westbrook either, so he can put in a positive shift from the bench.

Harden's playing like a team player.

Meanwhile, if Denver doesn't win it again, it might mean 5 different champions in the last 5 years.

Cannot remember the last time that ever happened in my lifetime (I'm 38)

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Free throws have become a joke. If you breathe on somebody these days it's a foul. The Lakers shot 43 free throws, the Warriors 16.
Did you watch the game? Draymond whacked people in the head twice and didn't get called for a clear illegal screen on the late steph three and kuminga had a clear offensive foul a few plays earlier. The warriors also shot 60 three pointers so complaining about free throws is a bit rich but expected from warrior fans.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Did you watch the game? Draymond whacked people in the head twice and didn't get called for a clear illegal screen on the late steph three and kuminga had a clear offensive foul a few plays earlier. The warriors also shot 60 three pointers so complaining about free throws is a bit rich but expected from warrior fans.
Not really complaining about free throws in this game per se. It's more that it's become really difficult to defend these days in the NBA because every little touch is a foul.

I think that's a huge contribution to why we are seeing such high scoring games.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Not really complaining about free throws in this game per se. It's more that it's become really difficult to defend these days in the NBA because every little touch is a foul.

I think that's a huge contribution to why we are seeing such high scoring games.
You get some soft calls but you also get clear whacks that aren't called. It's the inconsistencies that are killing the credibility of the officials.

Real Name

Could this be Clippers' year?

or will they brick it as usual.

PG, Kawhi, Harden reminds me of 2007 Celtics. All 3 at the tailend of their peak.

It helps that there is no scoring pressure on Westbrook either, so he can put in a positive shift from the bench.

Harden's playing like a team player.

Meanwhile, if Denver doesn't win it again, it might mean 5 different champions in the last 5 years.

Cannot remember the last time that ever happened in my lifetime (I'm 38)
They're on fire. Seems so they clicked although there's still a lot of games to go.

Why of Embiid avoiding a showdown against Jokić?

slored1

Embiid is the most fraudulent superstar ever. Ducks big matchups regularly, always fails in the playoffs, flops all the time. Unfairly won the MVP last year and if he wins it this year it would be a travesty for the sport.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Embiid is the most fraudulent superstar ever. Ducks big matchups regularly, always fails in the playoffs, flops all the time. Unfairly won the MVP last year and if he wins it this year it would be a travesty for the sport.
I don’t think he will be meeting the 65-game requirement. He has only played 33 of 44 Philly games so far and can only afford to miss 6 more out of the remaining 38, so he is likely to be ineligible anyway.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
I don’t think he will be meeting the 65-game requirement. He has only played 33 of 44 Philly games so far and can only afford to miss 6 more out of the remaining 38, so he is likely to be ineligible anyway.
I could see him checking in for a couple garbage minutes later if he needs to meet certain game requirements as the April approaches, assuming not a significant injury.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I could see him checking in for a couple garbage minutes later if he needs to meet certain game requirements as the April approaches, assuming not a significant injury.
Don't think so. He's got the MVP already, what matters now is the title. Don't see him risking himself to chase the MVP

Sarni

It would be quite embarrassing to do that though and there’s no real reason why he would go to that lengths to secure an award he had already got before.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Embiid would be the clear MVP if he meets the minimum games requirements, which we know he won't. I think he's been the best player this season.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I keep repeating it, but Kuminga is going to be a star. Now that Steve Kerr is finally letting him play he's really putting up some numbers.

In his last 7 games he's a averaging over 25 on better than 70% from the field.

Last edited:

Charlie Foley

Embiid clearly shouldn’t have played last night. Seems the negative coverage got to him

Last edited:

R'hllor

Embiid clearly shouldn’t have played last night. Seems the negative coverage got to him
Nah, thats bs, actually whole narrative right now going around how everyone outside that franchise is to blame for someone landing on his knee. Dont they have people above him to tell him no if there are red alerts.

The amount of flopping and going to the ground for FT baiting during a season, no wonder he gets injured often with all that stress on his knees with his size and weight, so dumb.

Sarni

We beat Bucks. :lol:

I actually like the way this season has panned out for Blazers. We are losing many games which will get us good odds for lottery, however we are also winning enough to not feel completely embarrassed like Wizards, Pistons will/should. In the meantime we have developed some of our young players, Scoot has got better as the season progressed, we have given time to project players that would be playing G-League under normal circumstances but have instead shown glimpses of talent. It has been an OK year. Think we can get some extra assets closer to deadline, trading Brogdon.