NBA Regular Season Thread

kennyj

It started last night.

Shaq and Kobe started fueding before the first ball was tossed.

Lakers looked good last night even without Kobe who has a sore knee.

DA Bears...

Jens said:
Shouldn´t that be "sore knee"? ;)
:lol:

No, seriously though, I can't stand Bryant. Hopefully he goes to jail sometime soon. This year might not be bad for the Bulls (despite losing Jay Williams) who I'm hoping can make the playoffs in a terribly weak Eastern Conference.

Alek M

Da manic one
Unfortunatly, the spurs added several quality players to their already great team. They have the best odds of winning it again with some ugly basketball. I am a Kings fan and hopefully will see them in the finals this year. Altough I hate that Clark and Jim Jackson left.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The Mavs are giving the pond dwellers a headstart........

kennyj

Knick fan here.

PG Ward
SG Houston
C Mutombo
PF Thomas
SF Van Horn

I heard one scout say that it could be the worst passing team in the history of the NBA.

Alek M

Da manic one
kennyj said:
Knick fan here.

PG Ward
SG Houston
C Mutombo
PF Thomas
SF Van Horn

I heard one scout say that it could be the worst passing team in the history of the NBA.
It has to suck for you after so many years od dominance over the nets to come to a point where you can't be even close after the first half. I really don't know where is that franchise headed. Why did you get rid of sprewell?.

Keith Van Horn the next Larry Bird :lol: :lol: :lol:

kennyj

Alek M said:
It has to suck for you after so many years od dominance over the nets to come to a point where you can't be even close after the first half. I really don't know where is that franchise headed. Why did you get rid of sprewell?.

Keith Van Horn the next Larry Bird :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's true that the Nets are much better. Dolan (owner) gave the team a talk last year on dealing with the media. Sprewell didn't think that he needed it and walked out halfway thorough. There were a few other incidents as well. The Knicks needed to get a little bigger, especially before getting Mutumbo.

Knick fans are already booing KVH - some because Sprewell was popular with the fans. He has some talent, but so far has been a soft player.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Well, the Knicks losing has one good advantage...less face time of Spike Lee. :D

I think the Knicks saviour will be on his way by this summer...Kobe.

DA Bears...

kennyj said:
It's true that the Nets are much better. Dolan (owner) gave the team a talk last year on dealing with the media. Sprewell didn't think that he needed it and walked out halfway thorough. There were a few other incidents as well. The Knicks needed to get a little bigger, especially before getting Mutumbo.

Knick fans are already booing KVH - some because Sprewell was popular with the fans. He has some talent, but so far has been a soft player.

ahhh...remember the days with Patrick Ewing and John Starks and Anthony Mason...they would dominate the playoffs until they faced the Bulls. Michael Jordan and co. took the championship away from so many "deserving" players: the above-mentioned, Charles Barkley ( :lol: ), Clyde Drexler, Kevin Johnson, Dan Maerlje (or however it's spelled), Shawn Kemp, Karl Malone( :D ), John Stockton, Reggie Miller, and Danny Ainge. It felt good to be a Bulls fan back in the 90s...here's hoping for something of a comeback soon. At least we have Pippen.

kennyj

The Bulls had a great team - led by ex St. John's center Bill Wennington. :D I liked the Bulls when they had another ex-Johnnie, Ron Artest.

Jordan used to torch the Knicks all the time, but nobody minded because he was so great to watch.

FresnoBob

DA Bears... said:
ahhh...remember the days with Patrick Ewing and John Starks and Anthony Mason...they would dominate the playoffs until they faced the Bulls. .
When it comes to the Knicks, I was thinking more along the lines of "Clyde" Frazier, Pearl Monroe, Dollar Bill Bradley, Lucas, Dave DeBusschere, Willis Reed, and Dick Barnett.

DA Bears...

DA Bears... said:
ahhh...remember the days with Patrick Ewing and John Starks and Anthony Mason...they would dominate the playoffs until they faced the Bulls. Michael Jordan and co. took the championship away from so many "deserving" players: the above-mentioned, Charles Barkley ( :lol: ), Clyde Drexler, Kevin Johnson, Dan Maerlje (or however it's spelled), Shawn Kemp, Karl Malone( :D ), John Stockton, Reggie Miller, and Danny Ainge. It felt good to be a Bulls fan back in the 90s...here's hoping for something of a comeback soon. At least we have Pippen.

I forgot to mention Spike Lee and Jack Nicholson (once).

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
Excellent.

Lakers whip the Mavs even without Kobe.

Payton is a God.

Sorry Dans.

Dans

Giving the pondlife a headstart like I said. Besides - new team - needs time to get into a rythm.

BTW - you are sposed to change your line ups daily Nate - you can do a week's worth in one day though.

Nate

Dans said:
Giving the pondlife a headstart like I said. Besides - new team - needs time to get into a rythm.

BTW - you are sposed to change your line ups daily Nate - you can do a week's worth in one day though.
Change 'em daily? Why?

Maybe I should have read the rules. ;)

Dans

Nate said:
Change 'em daily? Why?

Maybe I should have read the rules. ;)
Not a bad idea!

Also, Webber is out til December mate.

Nate

Ah I see now, some of my players haven't even been playing and you have to pick your team for each night.

Done now.

Explains such a shite start...

Dans

It's not necessarily the best policy to stick all your players in every night - you have a limit on the number of games your team can play in a season - check the yellow box at the bottom of your team screen. Basically you're better off not playing the shit players every game. However, you need to take injuries into account as you'll need to be playing replacements to try and reach the limit.

kennyj

It's not good for me. I think the Knicks are actually better than my phantasy team. I'm happy to have Payton though. He'll probably be my leading rebounder.

Lakers - Shaq, Malone, Payton, Kobe. Not a bad team.