Neal Maupay you are a cheat, you are a disgrace, (you're a Brentford loan player) - Professional WUM/wumming over winning

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Hey now, English is not his first language so cut him a little bit of slack :lol:
he shouldnt be over here in are country if hes not gonna learn are language, are tradishons, are culchure and are heritige.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I personally love having pantomime bad guys to boo at games but I think there's too many nutters online for players to actively play into the role, as much fun as they'd initially have with it.

I know what I'd be like as a player, I'd post something about Spurs' trophy cabinet (or whatever) as a joke and in response my family would get doxxed and swatted.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bring back haters, villains and enemies in football & sports in general
Agreed. Need that next level hatred. Like when Haaland did the yoga celebration vs PSG, then when PSG knocked out Dortmund they all did that celebration after the game. Petty kings.

DWelbz19

So is Maupey. At least Maddison is somewhat talented.
But Maddison chose to get angry over the fact that Maupay... copied his celebration? It's very bizarre. Rashford's not popping off because someone else is putting their finger to their forehead, or Ronaldo when half the world is siu'ing.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I really like Maddison, usually has a great sense of humour, but sounds like he's been a bit petty here
I think Maddison handled it well !! The truth is that if Maupay wants to take the piss, he needs to win the game. Brentford were a bit embarrassing to be honest.

Sea-Cow

I think Maddison handled it well !! The truth is that if Maupay wants to take the piss, he needs to win the game. Brentford were a bit embarrassing to be honest.
Handled it well? By being a princess because someone copied your goal celebration?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I don't mind a wind up merchant but you got to be able to take it on the chin when it's given back and Maupay patting Maddison on the chest last night shows he's just a big baby

RVN1991

But Maddison chose to get angry over the fact that Maupay... copied his celebration? It's very bizarre. Rashford's not popping off because someone else is putting their finger to their forehead, or Ronaldo when half the world is siu'ing.
I mean Maupay clearly only did it to wind him up, it's not like it was some kind of homage like the fan boys that do the siu.

DWelbz19

I mean Maupay clearly only did it to wind him up, it's not like it was some kind of homage like the fan boys that do the siu.
Townsend did it against us. Ronaldo didn't cry and make an Instagram post. Saka did Rashford's against us at the Emirates etc.

It's a part of the game. Maddison is just a bit of a cockwomble himself

didz

Agreed. Need that next level hatred. Like when Haaland did the yoga celebration vs PSG, then when PSG knocked out Dortmund they all did that celebration after the game. Petty kings.
Someone was sent off in an Asia Cup match last week for copying an opponent's celebration

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
I'm offended because it's a shite celebration. Does Maddison actually do it unironically?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I like the absolute neck of a guy that's scored one and a half goals in 48 years or whatever pulling that sort of stuff. Fair play Neal. As you were.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I liked that Maupay did it to be honest. Call it a wind up or whatever but his antics throughout the game clearly worked - just not the way he intended. Spurs came out second half angry and put it to Brentford putting in a quick 3 before they could even blink and you could tell by player's reactions that they hadn't been too happy with Maupay throughout the game. Toney and Collins were in on it too with a lot of chatter and diving.

It's happened before too, Saka mocked the same darts celebration of Maddison's earlier in the season so then Maddison absolutely walked Saka for a goal.

Sometimes athletes perform better when they're wound up about something - Michael Jordan was and is famous for it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Spurs-Brentford the petty rivalry no one knew we needed :drool:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol: I love when random rivalries start

JogaBonitoRooney

Does anybody get annoyed the way Maddison touches his face and head regularly in interviews after the game?

Wiping sweat off, being fidgety, whatever it is, it's annoying.

Mike Smalling

That's actually funny. I love the pettiness of this whole thing.

In the Maupay vs. Maddison beef I'm on team Maupay. I've liked him since he tilted AFTV into oblivion, and 'Madders' is the most cringey nickname going.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Maddisons known for being a bit of weapon tbf.
He 100% is. Just not sure this particular incident was started by him....the goal was scored pretty early on, before anything of note had happened. The two teams don't have a rivalry in any way and as far as I'm aware, the two players don't either.

Just a very odd dig to have in the first place, the players had a dig back and ultimately he lost the game.

To be honest, while I don't bother with 'banter' in football myself, I do find it all a bit boring and stale when players and teams all pretend to be best friends so its all a bit funny to watch unfold.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Vicario and Maupay both somehow the winners here :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Really wanna know what he said to Walker. Had to be about his missus surely?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Kyle Walker you are a cheat, you are a disgrace