Neal Maupay you are a cheat, you are a disgrace, (you're a Brentford loan player) - Professional WUM/wumming over winning

I’m loving my life

Just don’t roll over and let Liverpool win like 6458756974597379648934324699 other Everton players have done in the past

TheReligion

Abusive
What’s with the undisclosed fee?

Not seen very often now. Lacks transparency especially when Everton are currently foul of FFP

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Terrible signing.

They have watched him not score goals in a better team for the last few years. Seems very much like a “we need a striker, let’s just get him” move.

Goals have been Brighton’s issue since Potter took over and Everton have taken the man who wasn’t putting them away for a team that create more chances.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Terrible signing.

They have watched him not score goals in a better team for the last few years. Seems very much like a “we need a striker, let’s just get him” move.

Goals have been Brighton’s issue since Potter took over and Everton have taken the man who wasn’t putting them away for a team that create more chances.
He has a better conversion rate than DCL and Richarlison.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He has a better conversion rate than DCL and Richarlison.
I think it’s a symptom of where Everton are. I would have loved to have seen someone more dynamic. I watched the game on Saturday and I felt like a decent team wasn’t far away. There is mobility and quality on those wide players and good options at the back now.

Losing Gordon and signing Maupay is a blow though. I really liked the look of Gordon and Maupay just isn’t the man. I hope I am wrong for you guys but I think his record in a good team speaks for itself. I don’t think he was what is needed.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@SilentWitness what the hell is your club doing???? What's going on???? You went all summer signing relegation-standard players, what the feck

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think it’s a symptom of where Everton are. I would have loved to have seen someone more dynamic. I watched the game on Saturday and I felt like a decent team wasn’t far away. There is mobility and quality on those wide players and good options at the back now.

Losing Gordon and signing Maupay is a blow though. I really liked the look of Gordon and Maupay just isn’t the man. I hope I am wrong for you guys but I think his record in a good team speaks for itself. I don’t think he was what is needed.
@SilentWitness what the hell is your club doing???? What's going on???? You went all summer signing relegation-standard players, what the feck
I’m not quite sure what people expect. We are clearly restricted financially so have a hard time attracting players or paying huge fees for other players. Maupay is a relatively low risk option for a player that can either start with DCL or play instead of him. He has a record of 10/8/8 in the league so can chip in with enough a season as a second striker. Brighton didn’t want to lose him either but he refused to sign a new deal so they were forced to get rid. As said he has a better conversion rate compared to Richy and DCL, he has a good fitness record (which we lack). This summer is as much about beefing out the squad options as it is getting in good players. I’d be surprised if you could find another striker that is available for ~10-15m under 30 that has been scoring 8-10 goals a season in the PL.

It doesn’t mean we are losing Gordon either and if we are losing Gordon, this isn’t his replacement, we would bring others in.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No idea, but it’s around 15M as that’s what we bought him for and that’s what’s been reported all summer as his price.
Seems like 10-12m base and additional bonuses which is fair to me.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Seems like 10-12m base and additional bonuses which is fair to me.
I think you’ll like him, he will score ten goals a season and work his socks off, he never stops running and never stops winding up oppo defenders and goalkeepers. He’s not the best but he’ll give you everything he’s got!

I’ll miss him.

Red00012

Aren’t Everton owners supposed to be billionaires ? What’s with the shit signings ?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think you’ll like him, he will score ten goals a season and work his socks off, he never stops running and never stops winding up oppo defenders and goalkeepers. He’s not the best but he’ll give you everything he’s got!

I’ll miss him.
Thats all we need him for really, to add in those 10 goals or so a season that we will miss from Richy gone. Hopefully he hits the ground running.

OleGunnar20

I reckon he's a decent signing actually as a backup / possible hardworking foil for DCL & Co. Super hard working shit houser of a player. I can think of worse ways to spend 15m these days.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Would he play with DCL (when fit)? Seems a little too similar, along with Rondon.
I think they’re capable. We need more players that can bully and frustrate defenders to open up space for everyone else. I think both can do that and would be a nightmare to handle.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I think they’re capable. We need more players that can bully and frustrate defenders to open up space for everyone else. I think both can do that and would be a nightmare to handle.
Yeah physicality will definitely be an advantage but I was more thinking around your midfield I guess. If you go 2 up top. I guess it might suit your midfield/squad.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Rumoured to be around £15m once bonuses/add-ons are taken into consideration.

I think he's a good player, works hard, presses from the front. Not the greatest goal return but I reckon he'll improve that at Everton.
Good signing.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah physicality will definitely be an advantage but I was more thinking around your midfield I guess. If you go 2 up top. I guess it might suit your midfield/squad.
yes I think it suits us better to go 3-5-2 if we want to play 3 at the back. Personally I would sell Gordon and sign someone like Che Adams and a DM.