Nelson Semedo

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Been linked to Atletico. Rumours he wants to leave.

Personally, I'd rather spend big on him than AWB. Looked great in the CL against us, technically very good, top athlete, the whole package really.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It's possible we could bring him here with Mendes' his agent. He's a tremendous athlete and perfect choice. In isolation he would probably cost the same as AWB too.

Whether he would want to come though is another matter. We have no CL. He apparently wants to go to Atletico, which I could see happening if they can work out a deal involving Griezmann.

I don't see what we could offer him or Barcelona that beats that.

Harold_Giles

Is he any good going forward?

Looking at his La Liga stats I noticed :
26 games (20 starts)
0 assists
0 big chances created

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's possible we could bring him here with Mendes' his agent. He's a tremendous athlete and perfect choice. In isolation he would probably cost the same as AWB too.

Whether he would want to come though is another matter. We have no CL. He apparently wants to go to Atletico, which I could see happening if they can work out a deal involving Griezmann.

I don't see what we could offer him or Barcelona that beats that.
Yeah, a long shot for sure. We can offer him money. And, if we're serious this summer, CL next year. Not sure about those reports, but apparently, player power at Barca says no thanks to Griezmann.

26 games (20 starts)
0 assists
0 big chances created
He's always impressed me when I've seen him for Barca. Doesn't look out of place in a highly technical team. More of a sure bet than AWB I suspect.

Aloysius's Back 3

26 games (20 starts)
0 assists
0 big chances created
The same type of stats that broke AWB interest in fans. I can understand why AWB might be concentrating on defending at CP but at Barcelona things should be different.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Even with his weaknesses he should be their starting RB. They looked much better when he came on in the first leg against Liverpool.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yeah, a long shot for sure. We can offer him money. And, if we're serious this summer, CL next year. Not sure about those reports, but apparently, player power at Barca says no thanks to Griezmann.
We'll have to wait and see what happens. I would love to see him here. I don't understand why he hasn't been playing more though. It makes no sense to me.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

26 games (20 starts)
0 assists
0 big chances created
Yes. These stats don't deter me. He is an elite athlete who is very comfortable on the ball. Just as comfortable going forward, as with his back to goal. One thing about him is, he fancies himself vs his attacker. He starts many attacks by dribbling past them.

Not many attackers get by him, with his pace. He's the archetypal modern-day full-back.

Semedo's weakness is crossing though, i believe that's why Barca prefer Sergi Roberto.

It depends what profile we're after. If we want someone with tremendous pace, strong offensive/defensive runs, then you can't get much better than Semedo.

If we want someone similar to the profile of Trippier who can cross, then he's not the one.

Last edited:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'd prefer to buy Ricardo Pereira. Better and already adapted to the Prem.

Mastoness

I remember that we were linked with him a few years ago while he was in Benfica.

Anyhow, he would be an upgrade over what we have now. Actually, I wouldn't mind having both him and Malcom on our right side.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He chose Barca over us in the first place, now he wants out. He’s a very good right back though.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Yes he's very athletic but still too shy going forward. Plays too safely for a player of his capabilities and for a right back of Barcelona. Cancelo for instance is often rash but isn't afraid of risking things.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I’d be up for him, but I think I’d prefer AWB if we’re going for a younger fb.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Really? I think he's absolutely average.
Not as good as Cancelo, but has better physical attributes and gets up and down the wing all day. I’m not the biggest fan of judging full backs too heavily on goal output, and I think he’s a good outlet. Overlaps powerfully and can dribble.

Nick7

Not as good as Cancelo, but has better physical attributes and gets up and down the wing all day. I’m not the biggest fan of judging full backs too heavily on goal output, and I think he’s a good outlet. Overlaps powerfully and can dribble.
From what I've seen, he's a fairly average defender and doesn't do too much but carry the ball across the halfway line. He strikes me as Luke Shaw, but worse defensively and worse link up play.

WokoTheGreat

Supports
Barca

26 games (20 starts)
0 assists
0 big chances created
2 assists and a goal in La Liga according to Transfermarkt. Not great on the surface, but stats don't paint the entire picture.

Our problem at Barca is a lack of balance, by playing Messi on the RW our entire right flank gets isolated as he drifts centrally, leaving Semedo isolated (when he starts). However when we play him alongside Dembele (as we always should be doing btw) he looks a much different player going forwards.

He's leaving because Valverde (ugh) doesn't pick his starting lineups based of merit but rather on seniority, hence why Roberto starts over him.

I think he'll absolutely smash it in the PL and if it was up to me he'd always start at Barca.

NoPace

Yes he's very athletic but still too shy going forward. Plays too safely for a player of his capabilities and for a right back of Barcelona. Cancelo for instance is often rash but isn't afraid of risking things.
I was just thinking of this watching Chilwell, who has a charming arrogance that can really work for a fullback.

Nick7

How much did this joker cost Barca? 7 of the goals tonight came from down his side.

IAmAWinner

One of the worst individual performances I have seen. Don't rate AWB highly, but I will always respect his defensive ability.

KeanoMagicHat

Great United have a right back that can actually defend. When they can’t you get shockers like this.

marktan

A bad game but I think he was severely hung out to dry by his midfield and attack. At one point you had Alaba, one of the CBs for feck sake, overlapping him whilst Messi stood by and watched.

Vidal was about as useful as a training cone in that match. Semedo had some bad moments when he tried to dribble but there was literally nothing in defence or attack for Barca.

Nick7

A bad game but I think he was severely hung out to dry by his midfield and attack. At one point you had Alaba, one of the CBs for feck sake, overlapping him whilst Messi stood by and watched.

Vidal was about as useful as a training cone in that match. Semedo had some bad moments when he tried to dribble but there was literally nothing in defence or attack for Barca.

You stick ABW in there and the result wouldn't be much different.
Semedo tried to shepherd the ball out for a goal kick twice. One gave up a goal, one gave up a very good chance. He was completely missing from his position for a couple of goals. Vidal was awful, but Semedo was way worse.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Another one of the modern fullbacks that actually do not know how to defend. Not all his fault, the others knew this already.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He can't do anything. Defend, attack or stay in the right place... He's useless at it
I couldn't believe that he provided that assist, it's one of those players that I trust to do the wrong thing 19 out of 20 times.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
He's often left to defend the whole right wing alone, they 2vs1 him constantly and sometimes you can even see him in 3vs1 situations with the CM, it doesn's Pique going out of his spot to cover a huge gap left by Busquets or to commit to an awful tackle doesn't make things easier for him either.

Not saying he's not to blame, but you can't judge a defender on a team that basically doesn't know how to defend and has 0 defensive workrate and solidarity, people are saying that Lenglet had a nightmare today because he's in the photo of every goal, but at least he's trying to be the firefighter solving fires everywhere, someone like Busquets doesn't show up because he basically doesn't even try anymore.