Neo-Nazi (National Action) Arrests

Dobba

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41161233

Four serving members of the Army have been arrested under anti-terror laws on suspicion of being members of banned neo-Nazi group National Action.

The men are a 22-year-old from Birmingham, a 32-year-old from Powys, a 24-year-old from Ipswich and a 24-year-old from Northampton. All four are being held at a West Midlands police station.

The men are being held on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation and instigation of acts of terrorism under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000; namely on suspicion of being members of a proscribed organisation.

National Action came to prominence after celebrating/glorifying the murder of Jo Cox. The slogan on its former website was: “Death to traitors, freedom for Britain,” which was the only statement given in court by Cox’s murderer, Thomas Mair. Amongst its followers are/were Zack Davies who was sentenced jailed for life for attempting to behead an Asian dentist in a North Wales branch of Tesco and twice convicted child rapist Ryan Fleming.

The group was proscribed as a terrorist organisation under the Terrorism Act 2000, making it a criminal offence to support or be a member after Friday 16 December 2016.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
How on earth do groups like this still exist? Even though their membership is microscopically tiny it blows my mind

I'd be interested to know exactly what this lot did. I know quite a lot of military blokes, almost all of them are pretty right wing (not this right wing, obviously). That's always given me pause for thought, especially so when some of a high rank in the forces (I forget his name) said something about a military coup if Corbyn ever becomes PM.