Film Netflix - Attack on Wembley

MarylandMUFan

Interesting documentary on the 2020 Euro finals (in 2021) and how the police were not prepared for the gathering of England supporters outside of Wembley.

The couple of supporters that they feature in it (from the English side) are really detestable. Not sure why they agreed to be on the documentary. It's remarkable that nobody was killed (thanks in part to Italy winning it).

Watch The Final: Attack on Wembley | Netflix Official Site

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The absolute worst you get with football "fans" that gives everyone else a bad name.

Morons breaking in, violence, vandalism, racism, just horrible stuff all combined.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Watched it last night. A really horrendous display of moronic, mob mentality behaviour that was clearly way beyond what the police and security teams were expecting.

As someone who also got hammered that night and barely remembers the game I won't be too judgemental, but when you see the needless violence and racism on display, and from the POV of the Italian guy and his daughter, we couldn't really complain if we were out of the running for hosting another tournament for a while.

jasT1981

I was due to be in London that weekend but took very sick a few days before I was due to fly over. I had planned to go down to Wembley and just soak in the atmosphere in the afternoon before the game just to have the experience of being in the area when a major final was taking place.

Glad I wasn't able to now.

AfonsoAlves

The entitlement there is outrageous

"This was the final, I wasn't going to miss this no matter what....So i'm going to storm Wembley" ffs

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Watched it last night. A really horrendous display of moronic, mob mentality behaviour that was clearly way beyond what the police and security teams were expecting.

As someone who also got hammered that night and barely remembers the game I won't be too judgemental, but when you see the needless violence and racism on display, and from the POV of the Italian guy and his daughter, we couldn't really complain if we were out of the running for hosting another tournament for a while.
We're literally hosting the next euros after this coming one

Withnail

It just goes to show the illusion of security at these events. If enough people say feck it and barge in, there's very little that can be done. Thankfully this hasn't become a trend.

ZupZup

What surprised me is how unprepared the police and security were around Wembley. It should not have taken them by surprise at all.

I remember at the time seeing scores of people on Twitter drinking on trains and openly posting about how they were going down to jib in.

MarylandMUFan

When the Italian guy was being ushered through in fear, I thought back to the harassment and beatings United away supporters have taken at the hands of the Italian police on away days in Italy. Seems the English police on the ground did the best they could which is more than can be said for the Italian police (or Rome police).

RedDevilRoshi

Just watched it. Most of all just glad there were no fatalities on the day as it just seemed like carnage. The local police & security at Wembley were massively unprepared and surely should have known it was going to be carnage when the area was mobbed at 8am with folk completely off their heads. I remember seeing all over social media the sheer number of folk that were completely drunk & drugged up 12 hours before kickoff as well numerous posts that folk were planning to jib in like that plonker who was the Utd fan with his lame excuse being “I’m going to do all I can to break in without a ticket because I was stuck inside my bedroom for over a year because of lockdown”. Was it just you or weren’t we all in lockdown you twat?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I was at the England vs Germany game earlier in the tournament and the fact they didn't get the hint from that was just pure dumb stupidity.

That was the most uneasy and on edge I've ever felt at a football game. Stadium was full of aggressive cokeheads looking for an excuse to kick off and outside although there was no trouble there were clearly way more people than tickets sold. There was also (blatantly) thousands more people in the ground than the official attendance which had been capped due to covid. It was basically full.

I felt safer at the previous Euros when literally being surrounding by a stadium riot and spending the build up and aftermath avoiding riot police and mass brawls, and I'm genuinely not joking. At least then there was some kind of protection measures in place. Wembley they had some what looked like college volunteers in hi viz jackets.

MarylandMUFan

I was at the England vs Germany game earlier in the tournament and the fact they didn't get the hint from that was just pure dumb stupidity.

That was the most uneasy and on edge I've ever felt at a football game. Stadium was full of aggressive cokeheads looking for an excuse to kick off and outside although there was no trouble there were clearly way more people than tickets sold. There was also (blatantly) thousands more people in the ground than the official attendance which had been capped due to covid. It was basically full.

I felt safer at the previous Euros when literally being surrounding by a stadium riot and spending the build up and aftermath avoiding riot police and mass brawls, and I'm genuinely not joking. At least then there was some kind of protection measures in place. Wembley they had some what looked like college volunteers in hi viz jackets.
The coke thing really threw me. Seeing someone in the street in the documentary snort coke in front of everyone was mind blowing. I must live in a bubble.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The coke thing really threw me. Seeing someone in the street in the documentary snort coke in front of everyone was mind blowing. I must live in a bubble.
It's not a normal thing at football matches or even at any other England game I've been to.

I mean it definitely goes on but very much in the background and not to the extent the whole stadium is full of coked up aggressive twats.

That was what got me. Not just the amount of people who were obviously doing it, but that 100% of them were the exact type of idiot who definitely shouldn't be taking it.

I've been to plenty of England games amd never seen anything remotely close. The only vsguely comparable experience was Arctic Monkeys at Finsbury Park.

hp88

Watched this earlier, proves my theory that majority of England fans are bellends.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Watched this earlier, proves my theory that majority of England fans are bellends.
Are a lot of them even fans? More likely just wanting to cause trouble and using supporting England as a route to that.