New Fantasy Draft: brought to you by Cal? - Semi Final 2

Which team do you think would win semi-final number 2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
New Fantasy Draft - SF match 2

* The aim of the game is to select a team of 11 players from all the current footballers playing who are born on or after June 25, 1987.
* Players chosen will be judged on their careers so far, everything they have achieved, selection should not be based on how good you think they'd become.
* The poll will last for 48 hours

Semi Final 2 - Cling Bak vs Solius

Cilit Cling Bangers

Team Solius AC
Assistant: Aint Gota Kalou

Semi Final time, I will be targeting the weak links in Clings team, and there are some. You look at Ozil and think it looks good, but what good is he when he is supplying the inefficient Walcott and a lone striker in Bojan? He is not suited to that role which would most likely require him to hold up the play. Walcott has pace to burn but in his career has still failed to find any consistency and lacks end product. I see the weak links in his defence as Armand Traore and the still tactically inept Richards. Although he has admitedlly improved a bit recently he still can be found out of position at CB and makign mistakes, often beign shunted out to RB for most of his career so far. Traore is one of the weakest left-backs in the draft, spending time on loan at Portsmouth and Juventus, where he spent most of his time on the bench, making a mere ten appearances. I feel that the pace, directness and interchangability of my team would help beat this side. With an improved defence thanks to Chris Smalling, and Song anchoring the midfield (Defour also balancing attackign and supporting Song while Dzagoev breaks forward), space for Ozil will be limited.
More details of the teams can be found: https://www.redcafe.net/f7/new-fantasy-draft-quarter-finals-329475/

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Traore's a terribly poor defender.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
easy win for Team Cling

too much attacking talent Ozil, Di Maria, Walcott and Bojan - nicely balanced with some midfield steel from Busquets and Henderson.
Plus it is one of the more experienced back lines in this draft as Richards, Douglas and Coleman are all regulars for their clubs.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Kind of quiet today, everyone getting all tense for tonight?

Aint gota Kalou

Our defense is much superior which I think should give us the edge.

Coleman has shown his class this season but from a more advanced position, and although he's naturally a right back I don't think he's proven enough in that position to really be classed as one of the better right backs in the draw.

Richards has played centre back before, and usually been pretty dire there. Although he's experienced his best position by far is right back where he's been playing all season. His positional play and decision making all still leave a lot to be desired when playing centre back.

Not going to pretend I know a lot about Douglas.

Traroe is awful defensively and often used as a winger instead. Definnitely one of the weakest fullbacks in the whole draw. Struggled to get in the Pompey team at times last season.

Your keeper has looked good at times this season and has some good shot stopping ability but his overall goalkeeping still leaves a lot to be desired. He's not the most commanding or the best over the high ball which might see him troubled.

If you compare that to our defense we have a Ghanian international who is a regular for Standard Liege, two of the best centre backs in the draw in Smalling who we alll know about, and Badstuber is a regular for Germany be it at left back or centre back. Marcelo doesn't really need an introduction after the season where he's probably been the form left back in the world.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It looks like Cling will win, picking up Marcelo in the process...
An attacking four of Ozil, Di Maria, Walcott and Benz with Busquets behind will be even better I think. Let's see who he picks.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
An attacking four of Ozil, Di Maria, Walcott and Benz with Busquets behind will be even better I think. Let's see who he picks.
Benzema is better than Bojan, may be, but you can't count Bojan as a weakness. Whereas Traore is a definite weakness and by far the worst player in Cling's team. And when you get the chance to replace him with arguably the best player in that position at the moment (or at least one of the best 3 in the world), then you got to take it in my opinion.

He may have something else in mind though. We'll wait and see..

Cal?

CR7 fan
I guess everyone is too upset to vote in this, Cling leads 14-7.

I need to start thinking about my tactics for the final...