New forum for football talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davo

There should be another forum set up for football discussion, made up of senior posters only. This could obviously grow as newer posters prove themselves not to be utter spastics

There seems to be an influx of posters on the football forum thesedays who have no knowledge of the game whatsoever...it's embarrassing to read

I'm happy to provide a list of non-spastics if required

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Will you be allowed to post in there then? Given that many people think you're a spastic.

Davo

The type of poster who thinks I'm a spastic is exactly the sort who's got no place in such an elitist forum

Jacob

The type of poster who thinks I'm a spastic is exactly the sort who's got no place in such an elitist forum
Just curious, have you yet formed an opinion of me you elitist?

Davo

Excellent suggestion. Almost every thread quickly descends into some sort of slanging match. Most now don't seem to be able to make the distinction between banter and childish insults.
There's still room for banter and even full on slagging matches....but there used to a time when you'd be able to have a discussion as well. Not any more it seems, mainly due to a new breed of spastic who must be embarrassing for half decent Man Utd fans to witness

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
i really don't post in the football forum, first because i don't know much about the game, but mostly because the place is like a battlefield where 200 armies are fighting

Coxy

There's still room for banter and even full on slagging matches....but there used to a time when you'd be able to have a discussion as well. Not any more it seems, mainly due to a new breed of spastic who must be embarrassing for half decent Man Utd fans to witness
Maybe if you didn't refer to people as spastics it might help to create a nicer atmosphere?

Suresh

Successfully neg-repped Bury Red and all I got was
As embarrassing as it is to admit, there has been many a time where I've actually stopped reading a thread halfway because some Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime is making a painfully embarrassing spectacle of himself. Knowledgeable posters are at a premium now, more and more it appears we are full of internet hardmen.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The football and matchday forums are very poor right now. I don't know about this elitist thing though, the Newbies should just go back to being what it was intentionally for, too man are getting through for not much reason nowadays.

Dyslexic Untied

Instead of making a new forum for football discussions, how about we keep the one we have but make the rules stricter.

Wind ups and the likes would result in bans. The United forum is stricter and seems to be a better place for discussions.

IMO the problem is that a lot of posters have never played football themselves, thus not actually knowing anything about the game.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
There should be another forum set up for football discussion, made up of senior posters only. This could obviously grow as newer posters prove themselves not to be utter spastics

There seems to be an influx of posters on the football forum thesedays who have no knowledge of the game whatsoever...it's embarrassing to read

im for it Davo if im included...

if i am excluded its the worst idea i have ever heard and you should be banned for even suggesting it

Spoony

The People's President

Funnily enough, I put a similar idea to Geebs. I've just about had enough of the football forums.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Knowledgeable posters are at a premium now, more and more it appears we are full of internet hardmen.
Right. I'll fecking have you for saying that. Get thee to Hull, pronto.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
On a serious note, we could have such a forum.

Davo wouldn't be allowed in it, though, for obvious reasons related to his opinion of Jerzy Dudek.

enghuei

Cheats at Tetris
The thing about Newbie forum is, nowadays they all know about the rules to play the game. Some of them will appear to be well interested in discussing football, even providing a bit of interesting point to add to the discussion to impress the mods.

But once they are promoted to the main, all hell breaks loose.

Davo

Instead of making a new forum for football discussions, how about we keep the one we have but make the rules stricter.

Wind ups and the likes would result in bans. The United forum is stricter and seems to be a better place for discussions.

IMO the problem is that a lot of posters have never played football themselves, thus not actually knowing anything about the game.
Gay.

There's got to be banter, and to many of the spastics "wind up" equates to anything that's posted that they don't like

Twisted_Woody

Scout
The thing about Newbie forum is, nowadays they all know about the rules to play the game. Some of them will appear to be well interested in discussing football, even providing a bit of interesting point to add to the discussion to impress the mods.

But once they are promoted to the main, all hell breaks loose.
Maybe have a sort of probation period? Like for the first 3 months...or first 300 posts...or something the promotion can be undone without question type of thing....that might work.

Dyslexic Untied

Gay.

There's got to be banter, and to many of the spastics "wind up" equates to anything that's posted that they don't like
I`m not saying not to have banter. Just striking down harder on those who lower the quality of the forum.

Just like when the Guv had his time on the forum, hijacking threads and what not. The mods threw him out, that can be done with others as well.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I've set one up and it's now open for use

I've added all the members who have been deemed as non-spastic

The forum should still be hidden from view for the rest of you.

Davo

It'd be debatable as to whether Noodle would be allowed in

Probably give him the benefit of the doubt, on the understanding that he'd be forced to defer in any difference of opinion

pert

Would all the scousers on here be let in, Davo?

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I think that's a good idea. A forum with less of this, for one.

MU1999 said:
We need CB not LB

becouse Vidic is hole in the defence I even think Pique is better than he is...
I don't know why you people like him so much his only quality is heading and jumping but on the ground he is just big peace of shit...
Ferdinand is not the great on the ground two so two of them makes really bad team in th defence.. We need player who can take ball from players with good tehnique and dribling abbilities and put him with Rio in defence. We concede to much goals and thats why we are not the best team in the world, only becouse of defence. G.Neville is also not good as he used to be in defence, I respect him a lot but he just isn't.... VdS too...
So I think it was mistake buying only forward players this summer, we should buy 2 defenders and on good goalie and thatn im sure we would be best team in the world...

Tabata

Likes threads entitled 'Torres Signs' & welches on
I think that's a good idea. A forum with less of this, for one.
I can't think of many people who are like that though.

Do we really need another forum?

ILBB15

Annoying Commie
We need CB not LB

becouse Vidic is hole in the defence I even think Pique is better than he is...
I don't know why you people like him so much his only quality is heading and jumping but on the ground he is just big peace of shit...
Ferdinand is not the great on the ground two so two of them makes really bad team in th defence.. We need player who can take ball from players with good tehnique and dribling abbilities and put him with Rio in defence. We concede to much goals and thats why we are not the best team in the world, only becouse of defence. G.Neville is also not good as he used to be in defence, I respect him a lot but he just isn't.... VdS too...
So I think it was mistake buying only forward players this summer, we should buy 2 defenders and on good goalie and thatn im sure we would be best team in the world...
That has to be the worst post in the United Forum ever.

RedMarla

I think the new forum idea kinda sucks actually. Cos' all that means is that all the good posters are going to be posting on there and we're stuck with the rest of the feckwits on the main football forum. It's just level 2 of the newbies thing. A better solution would be to just demote people back to newbies right?

Davo

I think the new forum idea kinda sucks actually. Cos' all that means is that all the good posters are going to be posting on there and we're stuck with the rest of the feckwits on the main football forum. It's just level 2 of the newbies thing. A better solution would be to just demote people back to newbies right?
I'd envisage the new forum to be quite slow traffic wise, with the vast majority of the posters on it also posting on the football forum

It would just include threads which could go on for a week plus and added to whenever, without being interupted by some random spastic claiming that "tOOris is Shit"

It might seem a bit harsh on newbies who are decent who wouldn't get an invite straight away, but on the other hand, the better posters seem to be less arsed with posting in the football forum thesedays...which will ultimately continue to bring the site down

Status
Not open for further replies.