New intake 08/09

PS18

Still nothing confirmed by the club (as far as I've seen anyway), anyone got any ideas as to the make-up of the new intake of first years this season?

Petrucci, Brady, King and Reece Brown are definites, I'm assuming Conor Devlin and Nicky Ajose will be in as well.

Name Changed

weso26
Still nothing confirmed by the club (as far as I've seen anyway), anyone got any ideas as to the make-up of the new intake of first years this season?

Petrucci, Brady, King and Reece Brown are definites, I'm assuming Conor Devlin and Nicky Ajose will be in as well.
Surely Petrucci and Brady will be good enough for the reserves? King shouldn't be too far behind them.

How good is Conor Devlin?

oskarutd

Surely Petrucci and Brady will be good enough for the reserves? King shouldn't be too far behind them.

There are enough player stuck in the reserves, plus Welbeck and Macheda. They might get a few games.
Uniteds policy is to use the academy players in the academy site at least while the team is in Fa Youth cup.
Even Ryan Giggs played there after making his debut.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian

I would expect King, Brady and Petrucci all to feature predominantly in the 18's.......

From what I have seen of Devlin he is just OK. I watched him play for Ireland Schools for two seasons and he was just an average keeper. Let's hope he has developed since then.

PS18

He seemed to disappear after playing three games in a row. A quick google reveals he played for Preston's academy on trial after that, so maybe we let him go early.

68-99-08

Whatabout that fella Boyes who played in that friendly tournament against Spurs, Hibs, Supersport?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Boyes did very well for himself it would seem, but no word yet. One player I'm very confident will be a part of the u18s next season is Jeremy Helan. Back in May his mother said it was a done deal and it's not uncommon for these signings to be completed silently.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
That would be Darnel Situ. He might be coming as well. We made a bid for him around the time of the CL final, but he's not in the bag like Helan.

PS18

He's not old enough to get a scholarship this season, might feature occasionally if he's good enough though.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Anyone care to refresh my memory of this lad. I remember hearing he was of African/German parentage and could do 100metres in a ridiculously fast time?
Think he's eligible to play for England. A lot of teams were desperate to sign him, above all the dippers. Fast, big lad, doing well for the u16s supposedly. Think he's 15 now, I'm sure he'll get a few games for the u18s. He has a special relationship with a mouse and doesn't talk all that much.

Decotron

Think he's eligible to play for England. A lot of teams were desperate to sign him, above all the dippers. Fast, big lad, doing well for the u16s supposedly. Think he's 15 now, I'm sure he'll get a few games for the u18s. He has a special relationship with a mouse and doesn't talk all that much.
:lol::lol::lol: maybe we could get him to do that healing thing on Gary Neville?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
:lol:

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Any update?

Does the fact that Jackson, Wooton, Dean, Fryers, Tunnicliffe and Cooney played in the milk cup mean that they'll be 1st year academy scholars this season?

Also is Liam McClair still in the academy or has he left the club?
No!

Wooton is with u-18's and it's not known if he has been offered a further contract.

All the others are u-16's.

Liam was helping out in last years Milk Cup as we were short of players/ He did not feature in any other games and my understanding is that he is not a scholar.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
They have Liam McClair's profile in the academy players section on the official website. But that's not saying much really.