New Premier League Chief Executive - Susanna Dinnage

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Her experience with animal planet will be vital in dealing with Premier League footballers.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Prior to joining Discovery in January 2009, Susanna held a series of senior roles spanning over 10 years at Channel Five where she worked on the launch of the channel and its digital extensions. Susanna started her career at MTV Networks where she specialized in audience insight and worked on the launch of a number of MTV and VH1 channels. She is on the board of All3media, the Discovery and Liberty Global joint owned group of 26 production and distribution companies, Chair of the Commercial Broadcasters Association (COBA) and an executive member of the Discovery Women’s Network.
Her previous work experience is in TV, so I'm wondering if this will affect the future of how PL football is broadcast.

RedDevil@84

If Scudamore is getting a 5M handshake. funded by all PL clubs, I wonder how much would she get

F-Red

A good appointment & certainly clear on the direction of the League. No doubt she'll do wonders to push the WPL as well and improve that area of the game.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Isn't it funny that the richest league in the world is essentially just a trade union for football clubs?

Bwuk

Don't know anything about her but guessing from her back ground it'll be interesting to see if she tries to change how the league is broadcast.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Who does she support?
Fulham

Her previous work experience is in TV, so I'm wondering if this will affect the future of how PL football is broadcast.
Supposedly she has a tonne of experience expanding Eurosport through digital platforms, plus the links with Discovery won't hurt given their past flirtations. Then of course there's the fact that the EU Commission/Premier League's deal from the 2005 anti-competition dispute will no longer need to be abided by after Brexit and the PL mention her "transformational" experience specifically.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
Nice joke appointment. So many better qualified people that said they would be interested but let’s bow to PC and hire a woman fully out of her depth.

Having said that, the men that have proceeded her have been useless so she can’t do a much worse job.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Nice joke appointment. So many better qualified people that said they would be interested but let’s bow to PC and hire a woman fully out of her depth.

Having said that, the men that have proceeded her have been useless so she can’t do a much worse job.
Like who?

Member 93275

Ah modern times. Where the prime asset of a new football league chief is the ability to grow those billions of pounds tv business. Would have preferred a football person who then hired her for the commercial part.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
She has a very hard job and act to follow. My thinking is that the league's domestic TV deal has peaked and it's all down hill from here. International side could grow though. Presumably she'll be developing the streaming side of things, she seems have experience with that.

Probably be very difficult for her to succeed anyway close to what Scudamore has in terms of the TV deals.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
She has a very hard job and act to follow. My thinking is that the league's domestic TV deal has peaked and it's all down hill from here. International side could grow though. Presumably she'll be developing the streaming side of things, she seems have experience with that.

Probably be very difficult for her to succeed anyway close to what Scudamore has in terms of the TV deals.
That's what I'm hoping for. I'm not fussed in the slightest by how many billions the FA can whore our league out for, but if they could join the rest of the world in the 21st century, that'd be pretty great (for billions, no doubt :lol:).

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
Like who?
So many people from the tech space have spoken out about wanting to take on the challenge. The TV deal is as big as it will ever be, they’ve hired a woman to make them seem as if they are with the times where, in reality, man or woman, someone who had knowledge of the streaming space and actual sport (CEO of DAZN, know Simon personally, was interested but not invited) would have been a much better fit.

She has no knowledge of football and will have a very tricky job of coming close to Scudamore in terms of negotiating the types of deals he secured. But, as with all things sport at the minute, she’s a woman so the overlords above us think, she has to get the job ‍♂

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
So many people from the tech space have spoken out about wanting to take on the challenge. The TV deal is as big as it will ever be, they’ve hired a woman to make them seem as if they are with the times where, in reality, man or woman, someone who had knowledge of the streaming space and actual sport (CEO of DAZN, know Simon personally, was interested but not invited) would have been a much better fit.

She has no knowledge of football and will have a very tricky job of coming close to Scudamore in terms of negotiating the types of deals he secured. But, as with all things sport at the minute, she’s a woman so the overlords above us think, she has to get the job ‍♂
So you’re saying the overlords are willing to sabotage their bottom line in order to appear PC?

Reddy Rederson

You post like trump talks; “so many people, so many wonderful, brilliant people.”. Perhaps drop us a few names from these “many”? You’re original post is pretty sexist, focusing on her sex rather than her qualifications. So if she’s not as qualified as others who went in for the job, who would these people be? So we can move on from appears to be a sexist post which Im sure is not what you meant.

Member 93275

She has no knowledge of football, but how good she is in business terms, do you know? I don't know her abilities at all, this is the first time I heard of her. So you can't say she was picked because of gender without knowing the person. Those billions at stake are the real deal, the headhunters wouldn't pick someone incompetent in what they were looking for to secure the business.

klsv

What footballing knowledge did Scudamore have before he was appointed as the head of EFL, and two years later, EPL? And if your worry is negotiating deals, then how was Scudamore more qualified in the media field than Dinnage? It is a big deal to have a woman in this position and I'm happy for it. But the thing is, you wouldn't appoint a woman to this position just becasue it's PC. But the "PC-gone-mad" brigade would give her shit for getting that job just because she's a woman. Sorry to hear about Simon :lol:

CallyRed

Slightly off topic, but a guy at my office used to work at the premier league, and he was telling me the other day that one of the proposals for midweek games was for each match to kick off at a 5 minute difference. Reason being so that programmes like Sky Sports Soccer specials were to show the last 5 minutes of each game.

Member 93275

Slightly off topic, but a guy at my office used to work at the Premier League, and he was telling me the other day that one of the proposals for midweek games was for each match to kick off at a 5 minute difference. Reason being so that programmes like Sky Sports Soccer specials were to show the last 5 minutes of each game.
Lol, I haven't quit given it a night's sleep, but as a lazy watcher ("the consumer") that would be kind of cool. On the other hand I sort of long for the times where the games all started at the same time. It's also more fair.

SirAF

Ageist

Uh oh

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Assuming she has no knowledge of football is exactly that, a massive assumption. A quick read-up about her; between 2009 to 2017, she ran Discovery Inc, which included purchasing a stake in Eurosport, during that time they began airing a lot of international youth football and womens European club football and the channel was re-branded. How much did Scudamore know about football when he was working for Yellow Pages and Thomson?

Afterall, he was the idiot pushing for that 39th game bullshit, for a start, so change is welcome so hopefully that idea won't be mentioned again.

But sure, the women none of us had heard of prior to 3 hours ago is not fit for a job none of us know anything about.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t want to get banned for sexism or anything but I just feel like all sports at the moment are on a rampage to hire women to represent their industry. Be it pundits, presenters, or board level executives, the last 18 months have seen them on a massive recruitment drive for women.

What footballing knowledge did Scudamore have before he was appointed as the head of EFL, and two years later, EPL? And if your worry is negotiating deals, then how was Scudamore more qualified in the media field than Dinnage? It is a big deal to have a woman in this position and I'm happy for it. But the thing is, you wouldn't appoint a woman to this position just becasue it's PC. But the "PC-gone-mad" brigade would give her shit for getting that job just because she's a woman. Sorry to hear about Simon :lol:
Happy to confirm and prove with admin that I own an IT recruitment company that works with plenty of c-level professionals at ftse250 companies. I’ve placed directors at BT Sport, Rightmove and Virgin to name a few.

I didn’t intend for my post to come across as sexist, I just know plenty of people who went for this role and were told they “didn’t meet the criteria required” despite that criteria being unclear and them all possessing far more footballing knowledge and coming from a TV/Internet sales background than the individual chosen. Time will tell how she does I guess.

Again sorry if I caused any offence, it wasn’t intended!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don’t want to get banned for sexism or anything but I just feel like all sports at the moment are on a rampage to hire women to represent their industry. Be it pundits, presenters, or board level executives, the last 18 months have seen them on a massive recruitment drive for women.
That may be true but it's not like these women are incompetent. They are for the most part very qualified, and are getting into deserved positions more than ever because more employers are realizing that diversity of thought and background in the workplace is a strength, not a weakness.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Happy to confirm and prove with admin that I own an IT recruitment company that works with plenty of c-level professionals at ftse250 companies. I’ve placed directors at BT Sport, Rightmove and Virgin to name a few.

I didn’t intend for my post to come across as sexist, I just know plenty of people who went for this role and were told they “didn’t meet the criteria required” despite that criteria being unclear and them all possessing far more footballing knowledge and coming from a TV/Internet sales background than the individual chosen. Time will tell how she does I guess.

Again sorry if I caused any offence, it wasn’t intended!
I think society in general is mimicking that pattern. Not that it is bad.