New Season fixtures

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
These are being released shortly today.

So whats the preferences?

I personally would like to get Anfield out of the way as early as possible and City away as well although not sure home or away makes much difference with no fans.

I think fans may return for latter part of the season so getting the better sides away early may suit.

Easier run in would be nice too.

Panther

I'd prefer an easy-ish run of fixtures at the start of the season to build up a good run of form then have a run of tricky fixtures whilst we're in good form.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Get the obnoxious fan grounds out of the way while no fans are allowed in.

Otherwise, no preference as even the "easy" starts we've bungled in the recent past.

Web of Bissaka

Prefer we face the big boys as early as possible.

Our fitness preparations before months of games are usually good and we're damn good in big games. So get a great start and big-game raisers games to achieve good momentum and high confidence and we'll be running.

Midway I expect the team to had a drop in performances but January reinforcement refreshments may help kick start another good run.

Rooney24

The leak says we have Arsenal at home in the Opening game. Lets see.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As in 2-3 weeks in as we don't play game 1?
And we have 1min to wait! When did that "leak" drop?
That leak had both Manchester clubs at home in the first weekend, and this is something that is logistically impossible. So i doubt that leak was accurate.

strandty

TBC Burnley A
Sat Sep 19 Crystal Palace H
Sat Sep 26 Brighton & Hove Albion A
Sat Oct 3 Tottenham Hotspur H
Sat Oct 17 Newcastle United A
Sat Oct 24 Chelsea H
Sat Oct 31 Arsenal H
Sat Nov 7 Everton A
Sat Nov 21 West Bromwich Albion H
Sat Nov 28 Southampton A
Sat Dec 5 West Ham United A
Sat Dec 12 Manchester City H
Tue Dec 15 Sheffield United A
Sat Dec 19 Leeds United H
Sat Dec 26 Leicester City A
Mon Dec 28 Wolverhampton Wanderers H
Sat Jan 2 Aston Villa H
Tue Jan 12 Fulham A
Sat Jan 16 Liverpool A
Tue Jan 26 Sheffield United H
Sat Jan 30 Arsenal A
Tue Feb 2 Southampton H
Sat Feb 6 Everton H
Sat Feb 13 West Bromwich Albion A
Sat Feb 20 Newcastle United H
Sat Feb 27 Chelsea A
Sat Mar 6 Manchester City A
Sat Mar 13 West Ham United H
Sat Mar 20 Crystal Palace A
Sat Apr 3 Brighton & Hove Albion H
Sat Apr 10 Tottenham Hotspur A
Sat Apr 17 Burnley H
Sat Apr 24 Leeds United A
Sat May 1 Liverpool H
Sat May 8 Aston Villa A
Tue May 11 Leicester City H
Sat May 15 Fulham H
Sun May 23 Wolverhampton Wanderers A

Zoo

Sat Oct 3 - Tottenham Hotspur H
Sat Oct 17 - Newcastle United A
Sat Oct 24 - Chelsea H
Sat Oct 31 - Arsenal H

Fun month!

Havak

Pokemon master
Game Week 1

September 12th
  • Crystal Palace v Southampton
  • Fulham v Arsenal
  • Liverpool v Leeds United
  • Manchester City v Aston Villa*
  • Burnley v Manchester United*
  • Tottenham Hotspur v Everton
  • West Bromwich Albion v Leicester City
  • West Ham United v Newcastle United
September 14 fixtures:
  • Brighton v Chelsea*
  • Sheffield Utd v Wolves*
*Could be delayed to allow longer recovery from European run.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
First thought is October. Three big home games when we'll have either no fans or small amounts.

And all the big aways deep into the season when potentially more crowds are back.

Not great.

SecondFig

That's not bad actually - no runs of tough fixtures longer than two (e.g. Chelsea and City both away, Chelsea and Arsenal both at home). I'm sure the cups will feck it all up though

King7Eric

We have been shafted by the fixture list. All our big home matches, against Spurs, City, Arsenal and Chelsea will most likely be held when fans aren't allowed yet while the reverse fixtures are all scheduled for next year when fans may well be back. Meaning we have no home advantage for the matches we needed it most while our rivals will have it against us.

Godfather

We have been shafted by the fixture list. All our big home matches, against Spurs, City, Arsenal and Chelsea will most likely be held when fans aren't allowed yet while the reverse fixtures are all scheduled for next year when fans may well be back. Meaning we have no home advantage for the matches we needed it most while our rivals will have it against us.
Just wait until the numbers rise again in autumn and winter. May well be the whole of next season won't be played in front of fans

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This is a very good point. Totally takes away the integrity of the competition if this is what happens. And it won't just be United that suffer from this either. Fans have got to be allowed in all season or none of it or that's a huge advantage depending on how your fixtures have fallen.

King7Eric

This is a very good point. Totally takes away the integrity of the competition if this is what happens. And it won't just be United that suffer from this either. Fans have got to be allowed in all season or none of it or that's a huge advantage depending on how your fixtures have fallen.
Exactly. But I don't see clubs agreeing to not let fans in from next year, even if it is remotely possible, because the revenue losses from Matchday tickets are too big. But from the competition point of view, teams that have gotten the short straw like Utd here, may well suffer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I thought that at first. But i expect some fans will be allowed in for October and you never know a second wave might actually stop anyone going later on!

Bojan11

Terrible fixtures for us. Most our tough home games are when no fans will be allowed.

cyberman

Is it me ir do the champions always seem to face a promoted side in week 1?

King7Eric

I thought that at first. But i expect some fans will be allowed in for October and you never know a second wave might actually stop anyone going later on!
I dunno mate. I'll be surprised if fans are let in by October. From the new year might be more realistic. Of course, I'm not going to hope for a second wave though, even if it may benefit Utd. :nono:

King7Eric

Dippers to give us guard of honor at OT in May.
Don't remember us ever playing them so late in the season, especially in the last 15-20 years. Imagine if its both the teams going head to head for the title. That will be tasty. :drool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I dunno mate. I'll be surprised if fans are let in by October. From the new year might be more realistic. Of course, I'm not going to hope for a second wave though, even if it may benefit Utd. :nono:
The gov always quoted October. But it's totally unsure how many.
While my boys Wycombe could take 25% as that's only 2400 or so, I'm not sure United can take 18-20,000 due to trams and travel issues.

A minefield really

flappyjay

Sat Oct 3 - Tottenham Hotspur H
Sat Oct 17 - Newcastle United A
Sat Oct 24 - Chelsea H
Sat Oct 31 - Arsenal H

Fun month!
Watch is beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs then lose to Newcastle united