Television New TV recommendations!

DanH

Hi all,
My trusty old LG went boom a few days ago. I've had a quote on repair for about £200 so I'm thinking sod it. I'll get something new.

With Xmas coming up I'm probably not looking at spending more than about £1300. That will just be for the TV. I can get a new sound bar etc in the new year no problem.
For my room size I'd say 55inch is about right. We tend to watch Netflix, play a few games on the switch/ps4 and some movies.

I've been thinking the LG b9 or c9 but as we don't watch in a pitch dark room I didn't know if a Samsung qled or another brand would be better?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I saw a 55 inch QLED Sony Bravia for about £700 on Black Friday. Might come along again over Xmas/ New Year?

The Firestarter

If you interested in picture quality more than smart apps and watch a lot of netflix then I recommend the Panasonic OLED GZ series.

DanH

Picture quality would be the main thing I think. I do like the LG webos but, to be honest, I have a 4k Firestick I'm using quite a bit so apps aren't a problem.
Richersounds seems to have the Samsung q85 for the same price as the c9 but they have 400 cashback off soundbars if you buy the Samsung which makes it somewhat tempting. If it's noticeably worse though I'd prefer to pay for quality.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
You can't go wrong with the C9. Panasonic might be marginally better in some image quality aspects, but tier by tier their TV models are quite a bit more expensive than LG's counterparts. Only recommend if money is no concern.

DanH

You can't go wrong with the C9. Panasonic might be marginally better in some image quality aspects, but tier by tier their TV models are quite a bit more expensive than LG's counterparts. Only recommend if money is no concern.
I did have a look at the Panasonic range but it was just a bit more pricey so the c9 seemed to tick the right boxes.

Donut

Sony XF9005 had a big drop of priče recently. I have the 65" and it's a brilliant TV, and its within your budget.

The Firestarter

This is what I got. The netflix calibrated mode combined with Dolby vision is something else indeed.