Newcastle Town 3 - 5 United Reserves

roxyfella

Real Fly Ox
Goals from Fagan, Welbeck(2), Evans and Strickland gave a very youthful United a well earned victory in the Friendly at Lyme Valley Stadium, Staffordshire. Att 790. MOM Daniel Drinkwater....i'll try to post some pics a little later.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Drinkwater's done well in the last few games. Thought he was a bit of a passenger until recently.

Welbeck is well promising.

oskarutd

Goals from Fagan, Welbeck(2), Evans and Strickland gave a very youthful United a well earned victory in the Friendly at Lyme Valley Stadium, Staffordshire. Att 790. MOM Daniel Drinkwater....i'll try to post some pics a little later.
How was the team and used and unused subs?

Decotron

Drinkwater's done well in the last few games. Thought he was a bit of a passenger until recently.

Welbeck is well promising.
Has drinkwater just comeback from injury???? I may be mixing him up with someone else but I always liked him, always seems to get a few assists.
Also good to see Wellbeck moving up the ranks with ease, Its a only matter of time that hes given a go in 1st team (cup matches etc)

sincher

Not come back from injury, it's just that in my view he seems to have stepped up a notch recently. He was outshone by Hewson in the youth cup team, IMO.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully he'll be a key figure in this season's youth cup side. I would love to someday wear a shirt with his name on the back while getting slashed down at my local.

sincher

It would be a mixed message if Brandy came through as well.

PS18

Not come back from injury, it's just that in my view he seems to have stepped up a notch recently. He was outshone by Hewson in the youth cup team, IMO.
more to do with Hewson being so impressive i'd say. Drinkwater's always impressed me in an understated way, guess it's to be expected that he's stepped up and is taking on more responsibility this season as the 'senior' central midfielder.

sincher

He can certainly pass the ball, and is good from set pieces. But seems to be showing more authority just recently, like you say.