Newcastle's entire squad in Covid-19 self-isolation after significant outbreak

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Always thought this would happen and could reduce entire league into a complete farce.
Not sure how they will find slots in the calendar to replay cancelled or delayed matches.

Cloud7

Well that's something. There was always the risk of something like this happening as well.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Null and void the season I say. Let the players rest and recover from injuries too while the vaccine rolls out properly.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Null and void the season I say. Let the players rest and recover from injuries too while the vaccine rolls out properly.
Yeah. This will obviously happen many times over and there is no space whatsoever in the calendar to rearrange the games into.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
Great, our 1 home banker on Friday to get us back on track is going to be postponed.

Gasolin

But if Newcastle is out?!? The league has to be postponed, no? They played against Palace. What's the protocol now?

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Bollocks, that fecks up this week's last man standing in work nearly everyone left used city this week, I was banking on using city next week and going to see a load knocked out.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
2 years is enough. It's proven that it's just a very recent era virus.
Sars 1 sounds very similar, just too risky to limit it to two years. Ok, then only go back 20 years. Deal?

Gasolin

But again, what's the protocol? So far, they seem to say if there are 14 players available, the game should continue. Is that possible? And wouldn't that f*** massively Newcastle? They will have to field youngsters most likely...

Paul_Scholes18

Feels strange if they just remove the games into the future. Could be a big problem particular if CL or EL sides are involved.
I think this game could be moved to next week probably when we have CL games.
Or when round of 16 is played etc.

CM

It was inevitable something like this would happen eventually

90 + 5min

Always thought this would happen and could reduce entire league into a complete farce.
Not sure how they will find slots in the calendar to replay cancelled or delayed matches.

No problem. When they didn’t listen to us about potential problems there is no turning back now. Simply tell Newcastle to play with u19 players or younger. Money have to go before everything.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It was inevitable something like this would happen eventually
Yup and given there's very little space to cram delayed fixtures back in, it'll be very tricky to know how to deal with this. I imagine the Premier League has come up with a plan to deal with a club being isolated, guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
They will move it to Wednesday of the following week and whoever gets a negative on the Tuesday will be allowed to play I’m guessing. It won’t be seen as an issue.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Feels strange if they just remove the games into the future. Could be a big problem particular if CL or EL sides are involved.
I think this game could be moved to next week probably when we have CL games.
Or when round of 16 is played etc.
good point that its manageable for games between non CL/Europa involved team. Guess the massive issue is finding new slots when this happens to a CL/Europa involved team.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
You've lost to Southampton and Leeds at home. We're not available for you again on Friday.
Dean Smith's record against Steve Bruce is ridiculous, something like 5 wins and 2 draws in last 7. When he managed Brentford he used to absolutely slaughter us. Just has the measure of the man or his style for whatever reason.

We match up much better against teams like Newcastle who don't press in midfield and sometimes play for draws and much worse against maniacal pressing sides like Leeds and Southampton who we've lost 3 of the last 4 matches against.

Red_toad

Blah blah blah conspiracy theory and 99.9% survival rate :wenger:

Wonder how it got into the bubble? Tasty leaks be heading the the Daily Fail and Sun pretty soon I'd expect.

Ludens the Red

Meh, no dramas, in fact quite a click bait article. It says only four players tested positive. A few clubs in Europe, including Leyton Orient had triple that amount of positives. Leyton Orient missed one weekend game and were back in action.
Newcastle will probably retest everyone during the week.
With them and Villa not in Europe either rescheduling won’t be an issue.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Meh, no dramas, in fact quite a click bait article. It says only four players tested positive. A few clubs in Europe, including Leyton Orient had triple that amount of positives. Leyton Orient missed one weekend game and were back in action.
Newcastle will probably retest everyone during the week.
With them and Villa not in Europe either rescheduling won’t be an issue.
Far more than four tested positive, that was the initial test
Bruce cancelled a planned training session on Sunday morning and ordered a deep clean of Newcastle’s weekday base when it became clear four players and one member of his backroom team had tested positive. As a precaution, everyone in the first-team “bubble” was retested but the amount of positive results caused sufficient alarm to result in a blanket self-isolation order.
I wonder if they'll be forced to field an U23 team

Slysi17

What is the issue? Newcastle next few games are against teams not in Europe. I imagine it will be moved to next week. You can't shut down football and businesses for 2 years until a vaccine comes out. Not sustainable for the economy. There may even not be a vaccine possible.

What is the issue? Newcastle next few games are against teams not in Europe. I imagine it will be moved to next week. You can't shut down football and businesses for 2 years until a vaccine comes out. Not sustainable for the economy. There may even not be a vaccine possible.
Did I timetravel back to March?

shahzy

yep Im totally behind this. This season, last season to just to make sure covid doesnt spread into last seasons results too. And for good measure null and void the previous 2 champions leagues too

Yeah, isn't vaccine is now in advanced stage to mass production?

It's the stock availability issue now.
Mike Ashley will be selling it in sports direct soon enough.

the sport has been lucky to get this far into the season with relatively few incidents like this. There have been a few games in the lower leagues called off. Newcastle aren’t in Europe, so no big issue hopefully.

should still void the *Title from last season mind.

in years to come, we can hopefully just erase 2020 from the history books. I’m semi serious about that - would be great if we could (nothing to do with football).

Andy_Cole

This seems to be the theme from Liverpool fans whenever they drop points.

Changed your tune from last season though eh.

Maxii

Paad
Cancel the Cups and cancel the Nations League and International friendlies until this is all over