Next 5 league games until the CL/Europa (top 4 fight)

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ours:

Spurs (A)
Brighton (H)
Burnley (H)
Leicester (A)
Fulham (A)

Chelsea's

Newcastle (H)
Arsenal (A)
Bournemouth (A)
Huddersfield (H)
City (A)

Arsenal's

West Ham (A)
Chelsea (H)
Cardiff (H)
City (A)
Huddersfield (A)

I think we'll end up above Arsenal, if we get a result against Spurs we are well and truly in it. Chelsea also have a two-legged semi against Spurs either side of their Newcastle and Arsenal games.

Vadim

Ours:

Spurs (A)
Brighton (H)
Burnley (H)
Leicester (A)
Fulham (A)

Chelsea's

Newcastle (H)
Arsenal (A)
Bournemouth (A)
Huddersfield (H)
City (A)

Arsenal's

West Ham (A)
Chelsea (H)
Cardiff (H)
City (A)
Huddersfield (A)

I think we'll end up above Arsenal, if we get a result against Spurs we are well and truly in it. Chelsea also have a two-legged semi against Spurs either side of their Newcastle and Arsenal games.
No offence man but I hate shit like this. Football isn’t a science. Anything can happen game to game, what if Spurs beat us 4-0?

Just take it game by game and you won’t be disappointed as much that way or get too carried away.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
No offence man but I hate shit like this. Football isn’t a science. Anything can happen game to game, what if Spurs beat us 4-0?

Just take it game by game and you won’t be disappointed as much that way or get too carried away.
None taken mate. Each to his own. Thanks for your input :D

Hindsight, should have been in the football forum. Hindsight-hindsight, should have been a post in the top4 thread. Just happy to see that run of games coming up.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Is literally why he said if we get a result at spurs. Nothing to do with science just looking at the fixtures as a whole and seeing what we could potentially get out of it compared to our nearest rivals. Wouldn't even say there's science involved.

Vadim

None taken mate. Each to his own. Thanks for your input :D

Hindsight, should have been in the football forum. Hindsight-hindsight, should have been a post in the top4 thread. Just happy to see that run of games coming up.
Nothing wrong with the thread mate. It’s just it’s pointless trying to predict and sum up such a vast group of fixtures.

We could win at Spurs and lose the rest. Arsenal could draw 3 and win 2.

Chelsea could draw 4 and win 1.

None of the above might happen.

I don’t even know what my point is now, carry on :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Could care less about the top 4, I just want to see us win games and play well and Spurs apart those are 4 very winnable games

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Could care less about the top 4, I just want to see us win games and play well and Spurs apart those are 4 very winnable games
Oh, I care very much about CL next season. And I don't care for the Europa League at all. Unless we'd give youngsters all the games purely to benefit them, which would never happen.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I swear every time these threads come up we go on a shit run.

One game at a time like Ole said.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
At this rate I may just have to buy a fecking City shirt.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
How can you not care, you're on a run and on much better form than Chelsea and Arsenal. Looks very doable, even if you lose/draw vs Spurs.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How can you not care, you're on a run and on much better form than Chelsea and Arsenal. Looks very doable, even if you lose/draw vs Spurs.
Because league position shouldn't be the focus, just enjoying the winning performances and feeling is more than enough for me and if that means we finish top 4 then great

Green_Red

If we can beat Spurs in the next game we can potentially catch them, if we lose it will be harder. Top 4 is definitely on now though.

Bwuk

Should really be looking to win every game bar Spurs. Get a draw there and it’s not a bad run.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Spurs away will be tough obviously with the form they're in, so hopefully we play well and then win/lose/draw, the confidence won't be too affected. Leicester away is always tough, but we should be looking at getting at least 10 points out of that. I would assume we'll have another FA cup game thrown in there assuming we beat Reading, but looks like we have something to play for this season after all ;)
FA Cup, slim chance at the top 4 and we'll see how we fare in the CL, but anything can happen. We have a quality side and if we pick up a run of form, who knows.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People who don't want to talk about incoming fixtures and feel superstitious about things like these please kindly leave this thread and let people who would rather talk about this and find this thread interesting do so.

I don't get coming into the thread and lamenting how one doesn't like threads like these. I mean it's pretty simple, save yourselves the hardache and stay away, some might just find this thread interesting.

As for the thread's topic itself, I'm personally looking to at least 13 points out of our next 5. It'll be incredibly hard but I'm confident we could so it. Unlike many I'm not bricking it when it comes to the other top teams, I'm confident we can take on anyone and hopefully we get something from the Spurs game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We’re very much in the race. We need to make up 2 positions and 6 points in 5 months. That simple really. We may, or may not - but ‘we go for it’.

Pavl3n

Chelsea and Arsenal are dropping points against teams they should be comfortably beating. They're not in their best form, nor their confidence level is where they want it to be. Looking into their fixture list that they play each other and City means they'll definitely be dropping points.
We are in good form and confidence is high. Spurs game comes at the right time - reality check. Especially after we play championship side Reading. I'd take a draw at Wembley right now.
10 points is the bare minimum we should collect from the next 5 games. I'm confident we have what it takes to pick all 15, but will be very satisfied with 13.

Havak

Pokemon master
I think if we can get 11/15 that will actually be a decent return. I think Chelsea and Arsenal will get less than that, but, I still don't reckon we'd be quite into 4th place unless we won every game.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Chelsea's run does not look easy at all. I'd hope to have that gap closed right down tbh.

DRM

I think we will drop points to spurs and Leicester!

Andersons Dietician

Maybe Poch will want to be playing champions league next year and do us a favour. However think that’ll be a really tough game and the defence will be thoroughly examined but if we get through that then top 4 Hunt is truly on.

soccerMad

Ours:

Spurs (A)
Brighton (H)
Burnley (H)
Leicester (A)
Fulham (A)

Chelsea's

Newcastle (H)
Arsenal (A)
Bournemouth (A)
Huddersfield (H)
City (A)

Arsenal's

West Ham (A)
Chelsea (H)
Cardiff (H)
City (A)
Huddersfield (A)

Our games are all winnable. One step / game at a time, keep our feet firmly on the ground.

Will see how far we can go. Just concentrate on our game and let them worry about theirs.

Feeling optimistic.

Alek M

Da manic one
Our goal differential make it that we need to make up 7 points. I see us winning Spurs but then dropping points on another game. Still 13 points is doable and would put pressure on spurs and Chelsea

Nirv

Regarding the Spurs game, isn’t Son off for Asia Cup by then? He is one of their biggest threat recently as his runs behind would have caused us serious issues due to our high line pressing style these days.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Regarding the Spurs game, isn’t Son off for Asia Cup by then? He is one of their biggest threat recently as his runs behind would have caused us serious issues due to our high line pressing style these days.
He's available for that game and then he's off. So presumably a full strength Spurs.

Gungne

The game against Spurs is the key here. If United win this one, 15 points is possible. Leicester is not an easy game, I know..
Both Arsenal and Chelsea looses against City. With a draw when playing against each other, they get 10 points.

4. Chelsea 54p
5. Man utd 53p
6. Arsenal 51p

If Arsenal beats Chelsea:

4. Chelsea 53p
5. Arsenal 53p
6. Man utd 53p

Kapardin

Requires our unbeaten run to continue. We can probably afford to draw Spurs and Leicester -- ideally, should beat Leicester as well -- but win the remaining. No losses.

In the worst case scenario, all 3 teams could earn 10 points in the next 5 fixtures, as each team has 2 obviously tough or tricky fixtures that they can draw (Spurs, Leicester for us, City, Arsenal for Chelsea and City, Chelsea for Arsenal) and 3 easy ones on paper. This means we will remain in the same position after 5 games. So this is where a win against both Spurs and Leicester could hand us an advantage.

scoi

Looks like a decent run to continue the momentum and get the team playing better together.

Unfortunately it means the run in will be without much relegation fodder.

el3mel

All winnable bar Spurs game. 13 points will be great for me.

JMack1234

Spurs (A)- L
Brighton (H)- W
Burnley (H)- W
Leicester (A)- D
Fulham (A)- W