Next Chelsea manager (in the event of Sarri leaving)

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
In the next 5 years we're going to see: Solskjaer at United, Lampard at Chelsea, Gerrard at Liverpool and Arteta at City. Arsenal will still be shit though.
That's a great shout...Arteta at City spells impending doom and Id be happy with that

Kaos

I can see them try to pull a United by bringing in a former club legend ala a Lampard or Zola until the end of the season, hoping it galvanises them into finishing strongly. I mean it briefly worked with Di Matteo.

crossy1686

career ending
That's a great shout...Arteta at City spells impending doom and Id be happy with that
I think all the teams mentioned would be fine actually. They'd keep their identity and have a manager that continues to push it, it would be better than ripping everything out and starting again with a manager like Mourinho.

crossy1686

career ending
I can see them try to pull a United by bringing in a former club legend ala a Lampard or Zola until the end of the season, hoping it galvanises them into finishing strongly. I mean it briefly worked with Di Matteo.
Too early for Lampard but Zola will get it until the end of the season if he goes anytime soon. Then they'll appoint in the summer again.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
They'll sack him in the summer. He hasn't done great and Neymar is the manager there.
He's like 10 points ahead in the league with 2 games in hand, they had a long undefeated streak and they're still in Europe. He's probably expected to reach at least the semi-final of the CL. I don't think there's any problems with the players either.

Trizy

I hope they don't sack him until the end of the season.

Jacob

Embarassing that he didn't shake Pep's hand after the final whistle.

crossy1686

career ending
He's like 10 points ahead in the league with 2 games in hand, they had a long undefeated streak and they're still in Europe. He's probably expected to reach at least the semi-final of the CL. I don't think there's any problems with the players either.
I know but they're still talking about his replacement in the media for some reason, which means something isn't right or they just don't fancy him like they would a Pep for example.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Zola until the end of the season for sure, after that... Hmmm... Maybe Lampard ?

I suspect they will try to change their pattern a bit, as this is the third consecutive manager to fall out with this group of players. Maybe a club legend has more of a chance.

Believe this guy could fit the role perfectly. They need stability and calm now and therefore I believe he could be their man.
I don't see why Deschamps would want to go anywhere near Chelsea. Already successful for France so has bought himself plenty of respect and time there, gets to work with a NT squad with amazing quality, potential and mentality. It's almost perfectly balanced with experience, players entering their prime, and talented younger players.

Managing Chelsea would be a huge step down for him at this point.

crossy1686

career ending
I hope it's mourinho
Me too but it will be impossible to convince Abramovich to pay him out for a third time, and he won't go as an interim manager. Plus, I just don't want to hear his fecking moaning voice in another press conference or hear him talk about us ever again.

CM

Chelsea v Man United at Stamford bridge? Last time you beat us in that fixture I think Dennis Viollet scored the winner.
:lol:

Funnily enough the game at Stamford Bridge was one of the few we played quite well in under Mourinho this season. Then he got up to his usual antics of trying to take the sting out of the game and fecked it.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
:lol:

Funnily enough the game at Stamford Bridge was one of the few we played quite well in under Mourinho this season. Then he got up to his usual antics of trying to take the sting out of the game and fecked it.
Imo it was more Chelsea being blunt and Martial being in a clinical scoring streak than us playing well.

CM

Imo it was more Chelsea being blunt and Martial being in a clinical scoring streak than us playing well.
You're probably right. I'm not setting the bar very high though - there were some truly horrible performances against teams like Brighton and West Ham.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I know he's not likely to be the next manager, but I reckon Lamps will have the job in the next 5 years.

Morpheus 7

Chelsea v Man United at Stamford bridge? Last time you beat us in that fixture I think Dennis Viollet scored the winner.
It was when we last won the league, I could be wrong but thats the same season you last beat us at Old Trafford too, Mata scored for youse to get top 4 when we had won the league. Your record against us at OT hasn't been amazing in the last decade either. Got lucky in the last game scoring late because we were under the bus driver, your greatest manager who you showed great respect to. Talking a good game Duffer for getting spanked by city yesterday, pressure is on you lot.