Film Next Goal Wins (Dir. Taika Waititi)

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ah man. That does look quite good but will be completely ruined by how much I enjoyed the documentary on the exact same subject. Which managed to combine being funny with a massive heart and some properly emotional moments. Don’t think I can watch a straight up comedy about the same people.

So yeah, watch the documentary. You’ll enjoy it more. Can’t believe they used the same name.

justboy68

Ah man. That does look quite good but will be completely ruined by how much I enjoyed the documentary on the exact same subject. Which managed to combine being funny with a massive heart and some properly emotional moments. Don’t think I can watch a straight up comedy about the same people.

So yeah, watch the documentary. You’ll enjoy it more. Can’t believe they used the same name.
I knew I'd seen something about this before. Was a good watch too.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If Rhys Darby doesn't say "team meeting" at some point I'll literally shit.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Fassbender seems an odd fit for a Taika film somehow. Doesn’t quite gel for me, in this trailer anyway. Also that beard at the beginning is supposed to look horrendously fake…. yeah?

Anyway, I’ll probably watch it.

Zen

Had Fessbender been preparing for this for the past like 5+ years? Where's he been hiding...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Could be good
A real flip of the coin on whether the casting of Fassbender works here. Tonally he looks out of place but sometimes , in those rare occasions, those contrasting performances can work in these particular films.
Naturally ,with the ego that Taika has he couldn't refrain himself from being in front of camera and the humour is just so terrible in his films now and this looks no different.