Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Ten Hag as manager and VDS as DOF would be a dream and the latter would check the United 'DNA' box but I don't think we're a serious enough club for shrewd and ambitions decision making like that
I'm not sure they would come. But I haven't heard a better idea. That being said I'm not up on all the managers and DOFs out there.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Oh yeah, I meant for myself. Forgot to add in for me.
I don't disagree with you. He has some positives, but he's failed at the highest level. I think he'll get a chance at a top club again, but it'll be a roll of the dice if he has improved and I'd rather someone else roll that dice. We could do worse though, like the Sevilla guy. I just don't see the Liverpool connection as off putting. If Virgil wanted to come to us, I'd drive him myself.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I'd rather they misalign. Poch can stay there, Zidane can get the France NT, and Ten Hag can come here.
I mean sure if he's available that would be fine. But I don't see anything to suggest he's interested. He can pick up any club he likes. We may be rich but we are also short, fat and bald and he seems like he can afford to swipe left.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How can you win multiple league and champions league titles by being a ‘vibes’ manager? I know they had a top squad but you can’t achieve that without knowing what you’re doing.
Particularly when mentioning Luis Enrique who only performed at a high level with the MSN. It's not as if he was doing miracles with Roma or Celta.

JPRouve

Scout
Just pay them off then, if that's the case.

They'll still win the Dutch league without him, won't they??
The problem is ten Hag himself. He is the one who rejected teams this summer and extended his contract.

PepG

Supports
Ajax

Yes we will but i believe he wants to do something great with this Ajax team in the Champions League before he left and this season we started very promising...

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
How can you win multiple league and champions league titles by being a ‘vibes’ manager? I know they had a top squad but you can’t achieve that without knowing what you’re doing.
The problem is we have no idea how much was Zidane how much was the squad.
Unlike manager like Klopp or Pep or even the more defensive managers like Conte or Mourinho, Zidane Real Madrid didn’t have a difined style of play that you can really hang your hat on and say this is what he brought to the table. His team was just realy good and turning it on and doing what I took to get the results.

Zidane must had a massive impact on giving the team the platform and mentality to do that.

But can Zidane recreate that at another club? No one has any idea. Do we want to be the test ground for that?

Kaos

I mean sure if he's available that would be fine. But I don't see anything to suggest he's interested. He can pick up any club he likes. We may be rich but we are also short, fat and bald and he seems like he can afford to swipe left.
We're in a mess, but the size of our club along with our squad and resources would still interest him IMO. And which other big club would take him? Barca have gone with Xavi, Bayern are settled with Nagelsmann. Football is a fickle game and he might not be the coveted choice he is today in a few years, just like how his once highly rated Dutch compatriots have withered away into obscurity. I think he realises this might be his window to managing a huge club.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I mean, just look at Ajax. What an attractive style of football. An identifiable system of play that would unlock players like Sancho and VDB and to some degree Cristiano. Cristiano can score a lot more goals when he doesn't have to keep dropping into midfield to ignite play.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Poch or ten Hag for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if Potter could do a job if given the chance, but realistically it's way too much of a gamble.

Seij

That's exactly my order of preference too. But I also think you're underrating Zidane a little.
I agree. It's incredible how much Zidane gets underestimated on here. Nobody wins 3 CL's in the row by being vibes FC. Put Ole in that Real Madrid team and he wouldn't have won a single trophy.

macheda14

Ten Hag as manager and VDS as DOF would be a dream and the latter would check the United 'DNA' box but I don't think we're a serious enough club for shrewd and ambitions decision making like that
Except VDS isn’t a DOF. He’s their CEO.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Ps Erik Ten Hag is the only manager other than Guardiola that has a 72%+ win rate at any football club. Just stop and get him. He has a footballing system that just wins. In the past 4 years Erik has had to lose key players and still maintain a 72% win rate.

OTRightWinger07

united must sign a manager close to klopp, tuchel methods so my options would be:

ten hag, marco rose for now but im sure there must be a new manager in bundesliga that can surprise many with a big budget.

pochetino is a mixed bag, sometimes his teams play offensive sometimes they dont.

we need a 100% attacking manager that puts rivals against the wall with pace, high pressing.

JPRouve

Scout
Ps Erik Ten Hag is the only manager other than Guardiola that has a 72%+ win rate at any football club. Just stop and get him. He has a footballing system that just wins. In the past 4 years Erik has had to lose key players and still maintain a 72% win rate.
He is also one of the few managers that has twice the budget of the second best team in its league.

Devil may care

Man City PL winning manager? This is why you foreign based Utd fans get on my nerves. He'd never want to join us with his City connections and our fans wouldn't want him either. It's a total non starter.

The only reason Brendan Rodgers is a possibility is because Liverpool fans don't really have any affection for him so I doubt they'd even care.

I think it's going to be Poch.
Mancini wouldn't give 2 fecks about his past with City if we offered him the job, and Sir Matt played for City and Liverpool before he managed us, if Klopp fell out with the Liverpool board and resigned tomorrow only a fool wouldn't want him at Manchester United.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Particularly when mentioning Luis Enrique who only performed at a high level with the MSN. It's not as if he was doing miracles with Roma or Celta.
At Celta he did an excellent job and thanks to his work came a Celta that years later reached the semifinals of the Europa League.

In Barcelona b he achieved promotion to the second division and a year later he was third, the best result achieved by the b team

JPRouve

Scout
Right, the big budget teams in the prem don't generally sit at the top end of the league. Or any other league for that matter.
The point is that there is a massive gap between Ajax and the other teams in Eredivisie. And unlike other leagues the teams not named Ajax have at best Europa League budgets which means that they are signficantly more vulnerable to poaching then almost anywhere else.

BorisManUtd

He is also one of the few managers that has twice the budget of the second best team in its league.
This should always be taken into account but Ajax have been impressive in Europe as well this season (so far at least). And there was that 2018/19 season where they were literally few seconds away from Champions League final. Will be interesting to see how they do in knockout stages this season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Poch? Based on what? Not winning anything?

Ten Haag, let's just throw money at Ajax as if there is no tomorrow! He is just perfect!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This is why you get on mine.
Why? Because of out of touch plastic Utd fans have no understanding of the rivalry between us and City?

Mancini wouldn't come anywhere near us after what he did there. It was a ridiculous suggestion and it deserved ridicule.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics

Fek. Well ETH over Poch but either is fine and we still need Lampard to clean the shit off the walls first.

There’s been a few reports on twitter that he’d be interested but only at the end of the season
If true then for sure. But I find it rather unbelievable. Bayern would be a better fit and that job comes up every two or three years.

hurricane thunderclap

The point is that there is a massive gap between Ajax and the other teams in Eredivisie. And unlike other leagues the teams not named Ajax have at best Europa League budgets which means that they are signficantly more vulnerable to poaching then almost anywhere else.
I think the point is that if they want ten hag then they should approach ajax. If he says no or wait until the summer, in fact,if any manager says that then we say thank you but it's now or never.
It is utterly pointless , whatever spin you put on it that six months of an unhappy squad with players needed to go and come in is in any football or common sense way , acceptable.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
IIRC, at least Barcelona and Tottenham.
Can't see any sources that Barcelona were looking to get rid of Koeman and bring in Ten Hag in the Summer.

Spurs okay yeah, but we're Manchester United ffs.

But still I suppose if we can get a decent interim, we can happily wait until the end of the season for Ten Hag.

Status
Not open for further replies.