Next permanent manager | Poll updated

Who should be the next permanent manager?

• Luis Enrique

Votes: 113 7.4%
  • Erik ten Hag

Votes: 1,300 84.7%
  • Julen Lopetegui

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 79 5.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

It doesn't matter who we can get at this point. It's about the principle. No one should keep their job after failing in such a spectecular fashion. Ole is not good enough for the job. So he shouldn't have it. Great job missing out on Conte, though. United management at its best.
Exactly. There are many many alternatives and nobody knows who will be good or not. What we do know is what we have right now is so far from being acceptable, we have every single rival fan singing ‘Ole’s at the Wheel’ as we struggle against teams like Villa and Watford.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I'm 99% sure Zidane will struggle here. I watched a lot of Real in both of his stints and it won't work here with the players we have. But the Glazers and Woodward will appoint him because of his name and another 3 years will go down the drain.

This is what we get when people whose only goal is to make money get in charge. Incompetence.
Yeah I fear the same.

ShinjiNinja26

The best option would be Rangnick as interim until the end of the season and then do whatever it takes to hire Ten Hag. If that’s not possible then try and convince Zidane to come in right now.

redshaw

We could pay Zidane a big amount to at least take us to the end of this season.

Still from the reports he doesn't fancy it here and maybe would tarnish his CV. I was for him getting the job as I think he can suit our squad but the last month or so of reports doesn't fill me with confidence it should happen.

Longshanks

Still think if Ole goes imminently which looks very likely we should go for Potter, if he fails miserably then we make a move for ten haag in the summer.

I'm not sure about Zidane, and I feel like if we go for him and he doesn't do brilliantly he will just blame the players and ask for a shit load of money to spend and the cycle starts again. And because its Zidane we will be duty bound to give him a chance.

Definitely don't want Rodgers.

Ixion

Ole got it because of his goal in 99 so presumably the next choice is Teddy.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Pretty clueless atm. If Zidane won't come and Ten Hag won't untill end of season who do we go for?

432JuanMata

Pretty clueless atm. If Zidane won't come and Ten Hag won't untill end of season who do we go for?
Zidane til the end of the season then Ten Hag is the dream but still right now even though there isn’t great options most are better.
If the club was smart they would hire someone with a 18 month max contract

hungrywing

Change thread title to 'Not Rodgers'.

Either that or 'Woodward has a back-channel deal with Leicester he gets a piece of the action why else do you think he paid 80m for Maguire'

The Glazers need all the help they can get making this decision.

GBBQ

Zidane til the end of the season then Ten Hag is the dream but still right now even though there isn’t great options most are better.
If the club was smart they would hire someone with a 18 month max contract
Would any manager worth their salt agree to an 18 month contract especially when we’re a shambles

I wonder would Wenger come in til the summer.

Lee565

Why can't we become ruthless like a proper big club like a madrid, Bayern's or chelsea who will search out the best manager going and just buy out their contract if he is already at a club and still wont be hesitant to sack them at the end of the season if they don't deliver.

Also no stupid 5 year contract for the next manager appointed, if the likes of chelsea and spurs can get tuchel and conte on relatively short contracts, we should be able to do the same

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Would any manager worth their salt agree to an 18 month contract especially when we’re a shambles

Wenger said he wouldn't mind a short stint and said he regretted not coaching ronaldo as he was close to signing him.

OleksUsykUD

Don't want Rodgers or Potter, they are both average manager, and while we may get a better results, nothing really will change for real.
If we want to play top football and to get top result, we need top manager. I'm still so pissed off our board didn't get Conte, it's unreal.

Erik ten Hag for me will be a huge miss for anyone at PL from the top side.
Don't really see where we can go. By saying that i mean a top manager that the club to actually start fighting for trophies.

DeGea

We are such a badly run club. So stupid.

The most important appointment is the manager - and they cost nowhere near what a player costs. I have no idea what they are waiting for. We need to be ruthless like Chelsea, Madrid, Barca et al. They are not scared to spend their resources on appointing a manager, then sacking if not performing, then paying compensation and finding the next best person. This would still cost less than a Pogba or a Maguire.

It boggles the mind how idiotic the logic is from our board. Everytime we appoint someone, we should already have an eye on what to do if it all goes pear shaped. We should always be thinking about the next person and the next, and the next. This is modern day football, this is not 1999 SAF/Wenger era.

What I would do is actually go to Ajax and Ten Hag, swallow some pride and ask them/him what would it take them to let him come to United. And just suck it up. This is actually a crisis and beggars cannot be choosers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Wenger's been gone for years now, and his last few years at Arsenal were a shambles.
I don't understand why people keep mentioning him.

GBBQ

Wenger's been gone for years now, and his last few years at Arsenal were a shambles.
Short term appointment, someone who can manage a big club for the next 30-40 games so we don’t have to go for Rodgers now but can pick the best choice in the summer. Far from ideal I know but we just got beaten 4-1 by Watford so I don’t think we’re in a great position anyway.

Lee565

Would fans take gasperini at atalanta? He has done a remarkable job at atalanta and actually players entertaining attacking football that has delivered an impressive goals for record in serie a over the past 2 or 3 season, something we haven't seen at this club since fergie

Godfather

Would fans take gasperini at atalanta? He has done a remarkable job at atalanta and actually players entertaining attacking football that has delivered an impressive goals for record in serie a over the past 2 or 3 season, something we haven't seen at this club since fergie
Yes.

hobbers

On a short term deal, yes.

Why would he give up Atalanta for a short term deal though, he wouldn't.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
A Wonderful coach with clear style of play

But this kinda of environment isn't for him and to ask to do it with little grasp of English is an even bigger hurdle

Too risky

MattofManchester

Wenger's last Arsenal team was a shambles.

You could say he kept them as close to the top as he could for as long as possible, given the lack of support he had received via signings for a very long time. It's not like Arsenal improved after he left, they got worse.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There are some decent managers who would probably be interested in an interim role like Gennaro Gattuso, Lucien Favre and Ralf Rangnick

DeGea

Ralf Ragnick til the end of the season then get him to be DoF with Ten Hag coming in.

Devilmac

There are some decent managers who would probably be interested in an interim role like Gennaro Gattuso, Lucien Favre and Ralf Rangnick
I'd go along with the latter then Ten Hag. Hopefully get some stability by then.

Lee565

We need a strong minded manager that won't be afraid to drop the likes of ronaldo, pogba, maguire, de gea or bruno if they jeopardise the manager's style/philosophy of how they want the team to play

432JuanMata

Wenger's last Arsenal team was a shambles.

You could say he kept them as close to the top as he could for as long as possible, given the lack of support he had received via signings for a very long time. It's not like Arsenal improved after he left, they got worse.
Yeah was going to say the same. That Arsenal team didn’t spend anything compared to now yet he kept them top 4

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'd go along with the latter then Ten Hag. Hopefully get some stability by then.
Ten Hag will require ample help and he won't get that from Fletcher, Carricky, Murtough and co. We'll be back to Manchester United coaching academy again. So if we're serious about him then let's get an experienced head to

a- do the clearing
b-aid him as DOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.