Next season

Ban

I had like 5, 6 beers so maybe I'm wouldn't write this if I was sober.

I wanted to watch a nice relaxing game but it was a nerve cracking one till the end, needed to go to wash dishes last 5 minutes to calm myself down.

I hate kneejerk threads which pop out when we lose (which doesn't happen a lot of at all) or play badly or even when we reach EL final but this thread may sound like a kneejerk one.
I'm completely pro Jose and think we're making progress and we're moving in a right direction. Yet that progress has stalled a bit recently and we haven't looked that good.

I think it's cause it's still not Jose's team and he will rebuild it some more in the summer. We still can't score goals or score just one most often, we draw too many games and tbh our league form has been crap.
We haven't been anything special in EL but who cares if we win it.
What I'm trying to say this summer and next season will be huge.

We need a striker, a winger, one more CM at least and possibly a CB or maybe even a LB.
Whatever players we buy Jose needs to buy top notch this time. Same with outgoing players, he needs to get it right.

I'm alreay looking forward to next season whatever happens in EL final but in the same time I'm dreading it.
We can't afford a slow start and we at least must be in the fight for the title, not top 4. No 2 ways about it after so much money spent and some more this summer which will be spent. If we get CL by winning EL I'm hoping for a good CL campaign and going through the group stages.

I still think there's a good basis for yet more progress next season, especially since we're hard to beat (that sounds so Moyesque I know :D) and if we win more than we have this season we'll be much better. We just must be more deadly next season and score some friggin goals.
Our football hasn't been great for a while but we had problems with injury, lots of games and I don't think Jose trusts this team too much.

Anyway massive, massive summer and year.
Make or brake.

I'll be sorry for this tomorrow.

Last edited:

Jacko21

I'll judge Mourinho once he's signed 8,9,10 players and assembled HIS team.

He has to rebuild our attack this summer. It's a priority.

The thing is with Mourinho, he'll stop at nothing until he gets it right - and as supporters that's exciting, because you know he'll deliver. It's just a question of when.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I had like 5, 6 dreams so maybe I'm wouldn't write this if I was sober.
fecking hell mate you go easy on that sleep. Dream responsibly.

El Zoido

Reckon we'll spend another £200m. Definitely another centre half is coming in, and almost certainly a high profile attacking player/goal scorer. He's made us hard to beat, form has been inconsistent, but if we turn half of those home draws in to wins we're mounting a title challenge.

I just can't see us drawing so many games next season, and with how well we've defended this season I can't see us losing many more either. If we spend the money we'll eventually compete.

SirAF

Ageist
I'll judge Mourinho once he's signed 8,9,10 players and assembled HIS team.

He has to rebuild our attack this summer. It's a priority.

The thing is with Mourinho, he'll stop at nothing until he gets it right - and as supporters that's exciting, because you know he'll deliver. It's just a question of when.
Pretty much this.

Cheekiey

This Summer will be make or brake imo, all Jose's signings have been our better players this season. After this summer, wether it's unknown players like Bailly or big names like Griezmann, Lukaku, heck even Ronaldo ect. No one knows who we will be signing, we just have to trust Mourinho to make it his team and support whoever he brings in

el3mel

Have no doubt we'll be better next season. Winning EL with EFL cup will release pressure from Jose and he'll be gunning for the league.

SER19

My biggest worry is the thought that we need to rebuild our attack.

If martial was at Monaco,we would be screaming for him to be signed. He's an absolute super star of a player. He's been utterly dreadful this season compared to last.

Mkhitaryan is up there with the best number 10s.

Rashford is a fantastic prospect and mata is a top player.

If those four didn't play for us, and we signed them all this summer this place would have a meltdown of excitement. It's concerning how poor we are given the players we have. We need in my opinion, a born and bred goal scorer, and we need to change our Style of play, our defence and usually 2/3 midfielders are so unwilling to step forward we are almost always attacking with a maximum of 4 players and 2 sitting about 45 yards back as an out ball. It's awful. Unless you attack at pace and/or with numbers, any half decent team will cope all day long

davidmichael

I can see Darmian, Jones, Young, Januzaj, Rooney, Zlatan and a few fringe reserves all leaving which brings in a lot of money in wages if only about £30 million in transfer revenue. I think Jose would have had £250 million to spend anyway this summer if we secure Champions League football as it's been shown this season English clubs are a long way behind in Europe right now.

I think we need an alternative right back, a quality centre back, a quality left back, an out and out quality defensive midfielder and an alternative striker as well as the expected Griezmann arrival. 6 signings may sound a lot and the main word I've used there is quality so it won't be cheap but we're so far off the pace domestically it's going to cost to challenge for the title and be a force in Europe.

I'm not saying that these are the players that we should go for as Jose is a better judge for what he wants than me but money wise we'd probably be talking £40 million for Kyle Walker, £40 million for Mendy, £25 million for Keane, £40 million for Dier, £89 million for Griezmann and that's without the striker so you can see how much we need to really compete so it's a huge summer for us and one we really need to get right.

One thing I would like to see for next season is Gribbin and Gomes in the first team as I think those two could breakthrough like Rashford did as well as Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah also being in the main squad, for the past month Rashford has by far been our best player so it's proof that sometimes you don't need to spend money when you've got potential quality sitting right there in your lap which I think those four kids I said along with Rashford all really have.

Bojan11

He needs to have that Fabregas and Costa type transfer window. Two players in that will make a impact on the attack.

Womp

idiot
I can see Darmian, Jones, Young, Januzaj, Rooney, Zlatan and a few fringe reserves all leaving which brings in a lot of money in wages if only about £30 million in transfer revenue. I think Jose would have had £250 million to spend anyway this summer if we secure Champions League football as it's been shown this season English clubs are a long way behind in Europe right now.

I think we need an alternative right back, a quality centre back, a quality left back, an out and out quality defensive midfielder and an alternative striker as well as the expected Griezmann arrival. 6 signings may sound a lot and the main word I've used there is quality so it won't be cheap but we're so far off the pace domestically it's going to cost to challenge for the title and be a force in Europe.

I'm not saying that these are the players that we should go for as Jose is a better judge for what he wants than me but money wise we'd probably be talking £40 million for Kyle Walker, £40 million for Mendy, £25 million for Keane, £40 million for Dier, £89 million for Griezmann and that's without the striker so you can see how much we need to really compete so it's a huge summer for us and one we really need to get right.

One thing I would like to see for next season is Gribbin and Gomes in the first team as I think those two could breakthrough like Rashford did as well as Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah also being in the main squad, for the past month Rashford has by far been our best player so it's proof that sometimes you don't need to spend money when you've got potential quality sitting right there in your lap which I think those four kids I said along with Rashford all really have.
Gomes is much too young and fragile currently.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I think we'll definitely buy a central midfielder and forward. After that, probably a full-back but I don't expect two. A centre-back is also possible, even though we're littered with them and he does seem to like Rojo, whilst Bailly has been excellent.

Has anyone mentioned a goalkeeper? Let's hope that's not necessary.

cheeky_backheel

If Mourinho has his way, we will sign at least 4 players and potentially up to 6, and he wouldnt care about hw much they cost

Sylar

The final is a hugely important game for United and Jose. Win it, and it makes his job a bit easier in terms of building a team that he wants.
This season in terms of football was gonna be a free pass even though weve seen significant improvement.
Hes made us difficult to beat, hes got us creating chances galore (poor finishing at times which has been a shot in our own foot), hes won a trophy already and got us to another final.