Neymar’s next club? (Featuring United & EPL clubs)

Red00012

Think you misunderstood what I was saying.
I didn’t, he’s not a role model. He rolls around alot , he’s inconsistent , he’s injury prone , he’ll demand huge wages to match his ego. He’s not a team player and he won’t track back. I won’t continue

Ted Lasso

I didn’t, he’s not a role model. He rolls around alot , he’s inconsistent , he’s injury prone , he’ll demand huge wages to match his ego. He’s not a team player and he won’t track back. I won’t continue
So you did misunderstand me.

Point is that a player that's all of those bad things you've stated will still be head and shoulders better than the players we currently have.

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Everything’s sensible in my body tells me that we should avoid this like the plague. Yet, I am getting what James May would describe as “the fizz” when I think about having Rashford on the left, Antony on the right, and Neymar as a false nine. Interchangeable with Rashford on the left.

The concern is the work rate and injury record. Does he fit the style of play etc? But he’s a monster for Brasil, and would be so, so much better than nearly every player we’ve had in attack for the last decade. I don’t think it’ll happen, and it probably shouldn’t either. But IF we were to sign him, I think that front three would be special. From zero goals Wout Workhorse to Neymar……..don’t tell me that wouldn’t be a massive improvement, despite the lack of work rate, injuries and sister banging.

Ted Lasso

Everything’s sensible in my body tells me that we should avoid this like the plague. Yet, I am getting what James May would describe as “the fizz” when I think about having Rashford on the left, Antony on the right, and Neymar as a false nine. Interchangeable with Rashford on the left.

The concern is the work rate and injury record. Does he fit the style of play etc? But he’s a monster for Brasil, and would be so, so much better than nearly every player we’ve had in attack for the last decade. I don’t think it’ll happen, and it probably shouldn’t either. But IF we were to sign him, I think that front three would be special. From zero goals Wout Workhorse to Neymar……..don’t tell me that wouldn’t be a massive improvement, despite the lack of work rate, injuries and sister banging.
You reckon he could save us spelunking $80m and going for a younger, more affordable striker to develop long term?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
You reckon he could save us spelunking $80m and going for a younger, more affordable striker to develop long term?
The financial package to sign him would be interesting. Huge wages I imagine but I don’t see a huge fee as they clearly want to offload him and he’s 31. So signing him and at the same time a younger option might work.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
The financial package to sign him would be interesting. Huge wages I imagine but I don’t see a huge fee as they clearly want to offload him and he’s 31. So signing him and at the same time a younger option might work.
Can't see it, his wages are part of FFP if I understand it correctly

Ted Lasso

If we make the money work I almost prefer it to Kane. Neymar down the middle false 9 would work quite well for us

theralyst

Getting players past their prime looking for one last huge pay deal has never worked out so far, especially someone of Neymar's ilk who would probably be more of a disturbance than actually help this team move forward, so avoid.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Neymar as a false 9:lol:. Talk about shoe horning a player into a team. You must not have watch MNM at psg. It was a disaster. If anything Rashford will be our striker if we get neymar. As such, I do not see this move happening. We are better of spelunking money on Evan Ferguson and oshimen or Kane. Leave rashford out left where he is most productive.

Waynne

Nevermind the astronomical wages he'll command but does he even fit into how Ten Hag wants to play?
Isn't he also always injured all the time?

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
We always attracted these kind of “superstars”. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he actually came.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If we sell Sancho, Maguire, AWB and off load Jones, we might just be able to cover for his wage?

Let’s do it, sure he is better than Maguire+Sancho+AWB+Jones, so nothing to loss there.

Pickle85

No, no, no, NOOOOOO! Injury plagued, aging superstar with an ego the size of a planet who's on the decline? Throw in the gigantic wage demands, a probable lack of motivation and the fact that he's an absolute nob and it all comes together as an absolute please no.

mshnsh

He would be a mercenary joining for money only, will spend most of the season injured or playing half arsed while earning ton of money weekly, basically an absolute disaster in the making.
That is a possibility although the injuries he's had at PSG have actually been unfortunate rather than deliberate.

But if he joins to win stuff, there is no doubting his quality and he would be a starter. Another level to anyone in our squad.

mshnsh

Lots of reasons. He'd be 31 going on 32, mightn't be in a physical condition to start every game.

If we get another top quality forward or two, he may need to rotate with them.

Or there might be games where ETH wants more workrate upfront than what Neymar would provide.

As it stands right now, he would start in our line up, but the point I'm making is that we can't have another Ronaldo situation with a player causing trouble if he's not playing. He'd need to be onboard with the possibility that he may not be an automatic starter every game!
True.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Neymar as a false 9:lol:. Talk about shoe horning a player into a team. You must not have watch MNM at psg. It was a disaster. If anything Rashford will be our striker if we get neymar. As such, I do not see this move happening. We are better of spelunking money on Evan Ferguson and oshimen or Kane. Leave rashford out left where he is most productive.
Firstly, almost my entire post was tongue in cheek, which appears to have gone over your head.

Secondly, this is a thread about Neymar, not Pochettino. So I don’t know why you’re even in here.

FujiVice

His Dad is worse than us were last week in the Sale thread. He didnt read on and thought Neymar announced he was getting married.

RedStarUnited

His Dad is worse than us were last week in the Sale thread. He didnt read on and thought Neymar announced he was getting married.
I highly doubt thats the case. That screenshot is of a translation. I dont speak Portuguese but im willing to bet its a bad translation of what he really meant. Id like to to think its meant to be “that it son, life teaches us many lessons, well done for being a man and admitting your fault”

Withnail

I highly doubt thats the case. That screenshot is of a translation. I dont speak Portuguese but im willing to bet its a bad translation of what he really meant. Id like to to think its meant to be “that it son, life teaches us many lessons, well done for being a man and admitting your fault”
I don't speak Portuguese so I'm just going to invent something I prefer :confused:

Tragically Hip

In light of recent events, I cannot think of a player more destined for Saudi Arabia.

RedStarUnited

I don't speak Portuguese so I'm just going to invent something I prefer :confused:
I speak other languages and I know how sometimes a word means something else in a different context.

And do you guys not know who runs Neymars empire? You think his dad wouldn't know whats being posted?

Withnail

I speak other languages and I know how sometimes a word means something else in a different context.

And do you guys not know who runs Neymars empire? You think his dad wouldn't know whats being posted?
Ok mate. Go find the post and get a real translation if it's that important to you. I don't understand extrapolating an invented alternative sentence based on very little.

RedStarUnited

Ok mate. Go find the post and get a real translation if it's that important to you. I don't understand extrapolating an invented alternative sentence based on very little.
Ive seen the Instagram post. Its not a far fetched extrapolation. But if you want to believe silly narratives then please carry on.

Withnail

Ive seen the Instagram post. Its not a far fetched extrapolation. But if you want to believe silly narratives then please carry on.
It's that it seemed to me the way you phrased your post that didn't know what the correct translation was but were choosing to believe he said something much more elaborate with little reason. I really don't care about Neymar, his father or anything about their private lives and I'm not interested in any 'narratives'.

JuriM

I had high hopes of him seeing how he was during the Messi, Neymar, Suarez era - but unfortunately, this kind of headline has become the "most Neymar thing" now, instead of his performances on the pitch.

dinostar77

Would be a good no9 for chelsea. London would suit his lifestyle away from the pitch.

On the pitch, he would attract so much attention from defenders that it would open spaces for nkunku, mudryk, enzo etx to exploit.

If the qatar dude takeover happened, i wouldnt rule out him turning up at Utd as a "present" to the fans from the new owner.

tomaldinho1

Would be a good no9 for chelsea. London would suit his lifestyle away from the pitch.

On the pitch, he would attract so much attention from defenders that it would open spaces for nkunku, mudryk, enzo etx to exploit.

If the qatar dude takeover happened, i wouldnt rule out him turning up at Utd as a "present" to the fans from the new owner.
Swap with Sancho + Martial, Front three of Neymar - Rashford - Antony

the_cliff

So news coming out that he wants to leave and has told PSG to find a new club for him.