Neymar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan Djordjic

Not worth the hassle he comes with. We saw the crap we had to put up with CR last year. Needless distraction
I do think Neymar would be the best player in the league though whereas Ronaldo was shot when he arrived. If only he played on the right hand side, I think a loan would be a brilliant idea but a bit pointless signing him in Rashford's position and hampering Garnacho's development.

Loon

:lol:
The most punchable face in football to join United?

Just have a bit of a dodgy feeling over this one. Hasn't he played up at PSG?

OleGunnar20

No way to either Neymar or Veratti. Saudi beckons surely.

PSG really seem to be in a mess. Sanches and Ekitike told to leave I can see too? How has Ekitike developed does anyone know?

Loon

Not seen it but I haven't seen any credible journalist link him here. Some links to Chelsea I've seen.
Some pillock the other day was claiming United would sign a "world class striker" before the window closed. Can't remember the bluffer's name.

Plastic Evra

PSG really seem to be in a mess. Sanches and Ekitike told to leave I can see too? How has Ekitike developed does anyone know?
Ekitike didn't play substantially more minutes than at Reims, was starved for game time (1300mn approx all competitions, 32 appearances) and only scored 4 goals. Hard to judge off that.
Supposedly talks ongoing with Everton.

OverratedOpinion

Some pillock the other day was claiming United would sign a "world class striker" before the window closed. Can't remember the bluffer's name.
Oh the chap from Talksport. Yeah he's a TV/radio presenter, his claim to fame was presenting Soccer AM. Very unlikely he would have any credible information and if he did it would have been reported by the journalists.

Loon

Oh the chap from Talksport. Yeah he's a TV/radio presenter, his claim to fame was presenting Soccer AM. Very unlikely he would have any credible information and if he did it would have been reported by the journalists.
Ahh, right. Pinch of salt then.

RVN1991

Repeat it a million times if you like, it won't make it true.

Better player? Maybe. "Easily better" is either you living in nostalgia or you have a gripe with Neymar.
Messi and Ronaldo are the only players I've seen have a peak better than Ronaldinho's. I wouldn't have a problem with someone saying Neymar had a better career (He didn't), but both players peak for peak I'd take Ronaldinho any day and wouldn't think twice.

OleGunnar20

Ekitike didn't play substantially more minutes than at Reims, was starved for game time (1300mn approx all competitions, 32 appearances) and only scored 4 goals. Hard to judge off that.
Supposedly talks ongoing with Everton.
Ah fair enough cheers.

It was always going to be a difficult move for his development. I thought he looked bright at Reims though nowhere near ready to be challenging for a spot at a big club.

Everton feels like another iffy move to me.

OverratedOpinion

Messi and Ronaldo are the only players I've seen have a peak better than Ronaldinho's. I wouldn't have a problem with someone saying Neymar had a better career (He didn't), but both players peak for peak I'd take Ronaldinho any day and wouldn't think twice.
It's okay to have any opinion you like, he was a brilliant player.

Saying that he was "easily" better than 2015 Neymar with 39 goals and 15 assists who was beautifully silky, beating players for fun, gorgeous skills, offering far more without the ball and scoring 10 goals in 12 champions league games including the final?

That's just a bit of an absurd opinion.

Plastic Evra

Ah fair enough cheers.

It was always going to be a difficult move for his development. I thought he looked bright at Reims though nowhere near ready to be challenging for a spot at a big club.

Everton feels like another iffy move to me.
He was stuck playing utilities at PSG, a body for whenever you need to sub one of your titanic stars upfront or give them a breather. Seems they could have given him a year more, you do need a squad option. But I suppose Luis Enrique (?) really doesn't fancy him.

I think if PSG wants to recoup some of the 28,5m€ they paid for him their best option is to sell him to an English club, not hard to imagine someone taking a punt at 20m£+, seems like a good deal in the current market... But that's probably not the best path for his guaranteed development. Would be better to get a slot at another Ligue 1 club.

Always a little sad when a player has to pay for brainless management.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It's okay to have any opinion you like, he was a brilliant player.

Saying that he was "easily" better than 2015 Neymar with 39 goals and 15 assists who was beautifully silky, beating players for fun, gorgeous skills, offering far more without the ball and scoring 10 goals in 12 champions league games including the final?

That's just a bit of an absurd opinion.
I would say Ronaldinho was more influential as a player in that Barcelona team in those 3 years than Neymar ever was in that team. When Ronaldinho joined Barcelona at the time, Barcelona was in a bad state in sporting term. This is not to undermine Neymar though.

OverratedOpinion

I would say Ronaldinho was more influential as a player in that Barcelona team in those 3 years than Neymar ever was in that team. When Ronaldinho joined Barcelona at the time, Barcelona was in a bad state in sporting term. This is not to undermine Neymar though.
He was more influential because he wasn't playing with the greatest player to ever live. Once he was, he was deemed surpless to requirements whilst still in his 20s and sold on.

I don't mean that to bash Ronaldinho, it's just that no player that ever lived would be the key man whilst playing in a team with Messi. Neymar still did what he did.

Saying Ronaldinho is better is a reasonable statement. Saying that he is "easily better" or that Neymar "isn't in the same planet" just perpetuates the constant theme of Neymar being the most underrated player of this generation (for some reasons that are his own fault mind).

croadyman

That's Andy Goldstein

Howl

If what people say is true and that he's actually not a circus or lazy on the pitch, I would take him on a loan in a heartbeat as he is still one of the best around, and would be a Casemiro like signing. I don't think we would be relying on him to be our main man so his springtime holiday wouldn't be a huge problem. However, if he is either a circus or a lazy player then hope we stay well clear as we have finally gotten rid of the circus (Pogba) and the lazy forward (Ronaldo), it would be the kind of mistake we would have been making in the Woodward era.

croadyman

If what people say is true and that he's actually not a circus or lazy on the pitch, I would take him on a loan in a heartbeat as he is still one of the best around, and would be a Casemiro like signing. I don't think we would be relying on him to be our main man so his springtime holiday wouldn't be a huge problem. However, if he is either a circus or a lazy player then hope we stay well clear as we have finally gotten rid of the circus (Pogba) and the lazy forward (Ronaldo), it would be the kind of mistake we would have been making in the Woodward era.
Yeah there is also the concern about his injury problems as well. Like I have said in a previous post someone like Casemiro could shed some light on whether there's too much of a circus around him. I havnever got the impression he's lazy on the pitch quite the opposite actually.

However suspect these concerns are all academic as we won't make a move for him anyway. Most likely he will head to Saudi on huge money,failing that a return to Barca is probably his second choice. I know there has always been talk of Chelsea but never been convinced he's interested in playing here.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Clearing out the deadwood so Enrique can start his new project with a clean slate.

Mr Smith

Feel like a move to Chelsea could really take off now given Nkuku's injury, can't think where else he could land. Bohley would go for it, but Poch might not.

I can't help but feel PSG are mad to freeze him out so publicly, especially given the Mbappe saga. There aren't that many buyers for Neymar; do they really think they can afford having both of them sitting on the bench between now and January? Because that is a very real worse-case scenario.

croadyman

Feel like a move to Chelsea could really take off now given Nkuku's injury, can't think where else he could land. Bohley would go for it, but Poch might not.

I can't help but feel PSG are mad to freeze him out so publicly, especially given the Mbappe saga. There aren't that many buyers for Neymar; do they really think they can afford having both of them sitting on the bench between now and January? Because that is a very real worse-case scenario.
Yeah that long term injury could see them act

worldinmotion66

He’s on something like £700k a week isn’t he? No way that we’d pay that, surely? I do think we need a senior attacking player to share the burden with hojlund but I think we’ll end up hoping martial can stay fit and do that job

Neymar will either be thinking about his final paycheck or his last chance at a balon d’or. I hope it’s the latter as I still think he’s still massively underrated and more than capable of competing for it.

Last edited:

croadyman

He’s on something like £700k a week isn’t he? No way that we’d pay that, surely? I do think we need a senior attacking player to share the burden with hojlund but I think we’ll end up hoping martial can stay fit and do that job

Neymar will either be thinking about his final paycheck or his last chance at a balon d’or. I hope it’s the latter as I still think he’s still massively underrated and more than capable of competing for it.
Yeah we would definitely only get involved if PSG were willing to subsidise his wages

Status
Not open for further replies.