NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yes but you can’t beat them anyway. They will win the division comfortably.
Broncos are going 17-0* and I’m going to come back and quote this post.**

* they’re not
** even if they did I’d forget

But still…

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yes but you can’t beat them anyway. They will win the division comfortably.
What a weird way to look at the NFL. What's the point in watching anyway if you really believe that?

No division title is a foregone conclusion. The Chiefs are currently 3th in their division if you hadn't noticed yet.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
The fact that Justin Herbert has turned out to be such a stud while Tua even when fit has shown nothing just shows how unpredictable drafting is . Herbert was good in college but he has taken a huge leap in the NFL
To be fair, there were many sceptics about Tua. He could have easily fallen further down the draft, had Miami not picked him.

What's with these new QBs anyways? Lawrence, Zac Wilson did not cover themselves in glory. They are going to have a hard time at their respective franchises.

Seattle got so many decisions going their way. I would normally root for them againgst the Titans, but under these circumstances I am glad the Titans won the game.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Loser: All These Taunting Calls

Nobody solves nonexistent problems like the NFL. They’re perpetually plumbing leaks on functional pipes and spraying hoses at objects that are distinctly not on fire. This year’s non-fire? Taunting.

Apparently, enforcing the football parts of the league’s massively complex rulebook is so easy that the league has plenty of time to devote to worrying about on-field behavioral issues that nobody is complaining about. They didn’t pass a new rule—the actual rules related to taunting have been on the books—but in August, the league announced that it was going to direct refs to strictly enforce them.

Who asked for this? The answer is Giants owner John Mara, a member of the NFL’s competition committee who said in August that he’s “sick and tired” of taunting and that “nobody wants to see a player taunting another player.” I can confirm this is not true. I want to see players taunt other players. I want to watch a channel called NFL TauntZone with no football—just defensive backs letting receivers know they’re trash and defensive linemen doing provocative sack dances. For me, the most memorable moment of last year’s Super Bowl was when Antoine Winfield Jr. threw up Tyreek Hill’s “deuces” celebration in his face after a fourth-down stop. Jim Nantz and Tony Romo acted like it was a war crime (“totally unnecessary,” “I don’t condone that at all”) while I was hooting and hollering like I’d just seen a game-winning touchdown.
This guy gets it.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
What a weird way to look at the NFL. What's the point in watching anyway if you really believe that?

No division title is a foregone conclusion. The Chiefs are currently 3th in their division if you hadn't noticed yet.
That’s like saying why did you watch United in the league during the LVG and Mou years. Did you really think we were going to win? Its just that the likes of City and Chelsea and Pool were too strong. Same here. No matter where they stand now the Chiefs will win the division.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
That’s like saying why did you watch United in the league during the LVG and Mou years. Did you really think we were going to win? Its just that the likes of City and Chelsea and Pool were too strong. Same here. No matter where they stand now the Chiefs will win the division.
It's likely, yeah, but not set in stone. And still, it's common to root for a division rival to lose a game, even if they'll still be favourites for the division. I want Utd to lose pretty much every game irrespective of our of your own league position.

And I watched Utd during LVG and Mourinho because I bloody loved it back then :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
So you didn’t want Liverpool and City to drop points in those days?

What on earth is wrong with wanting your division rivals to lose, I don’t get it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
So I think I owe Mr 2 Gloves an apology; I was probably too caught up in the Rodgers offseason bullshit but was really underwhelmed when we picked him up.

I know we’ve only played two games, but he looks to be exactly what we need and his experience and mentality are clearly having a big impact on the other players which is great to see.

If he can continue in the same way it could be a really good season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So I think I owe Mr 2 Gloves an apology; I was probably too caught up in the Rodgers offseason bullshit but was really underwhelmed when we picked him up.

I know we’ve only played two games, but he looks to be exactly what we need and his experience and mentality are clearly having a big impact on the other players which is great to see.

If he can continue in the same way it could be a really good season.

Beyond the injury he had a few years back, his problem historically has been lack of TDs and too many picks, which seem to be less of an issue this year.

Once he has a healthy Sutton and Jeudy at the same time, his numbers should improve even more.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Beyond the injury he had a few years back, his problem historically has been lack of TDs and too many picks, which seem to be less of an issue this year.

Once he has a healthy Sutton and Jeudy at the same time, his numbers should improve even more.
To be fair Patrick and Hamler aren't bad second string receivers to have. Frankly those guys plus Fant make a pretty impressive collection, so if the QB play is even passable, and with what looks to be a decent defence, you have to fancy Denver, annoyingly from my point of view, to be good.
However, I think the entire division is good, so when we get to the portion of the schedule when there are divisional matchups, then we'll see the pecking order. Both West divisions are going to be really interesting

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

There were a couple of questionable deep throws but to be honest I’m putting that more down to the play calling which Lock had similar issues with last year.

For the most part he was pretty good at protecting the ball and not forcing things and just moving the chains, generally going for the long pass when his first 2 or 3 reads weren’t open or there was simply a blown coverage. His awareness and calmness in the pocket is fantastic, and he’s good at stepping around the rush.

Sutton was fantastic yesterday and I agree when Jeudy is back it will be really good for Teddy to have his route running abilities on the field too.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
To be fair Patrick and Hamler aren't bad second string receivers to have. Frankly those guys plus Fant make a pretty impressive collection, so if the QB play is even passable, and with what looks to be a decent defence, you have to fancy Denver, annoyingly from my point of view, to be good.
However, I think the entire division is good, so when we get to the portion of the schedule when there are divisional matchups, then we'll see the pecking order. Both West divisions are going to be really interesting
Agreed. Patrick and Hamler offer good depth. It was also interesting to see Javonte Williams make a case to be the starter. A potential star in the making imo. Ditto with young Pat Jr.

I think the challenge for the Broncos will be to keep both Jeudy and Sutton healthy at the same time, and likewise keep both Miller and Chubb healthy and playing at the same time. If all of these happen, you could see a deep playoff contender.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It’s funny because we have improved with the QB Carolina didn’t want, Carolina improved with the QB the Jets didn’t want, and the Jets are still the Jets.

backofthenet

What is it with the QB disaster zone that is the Jets? Wilson looked hugely impressive in the run up to the draft, and in college, but now looks like he's never played before. How can you go three picks in five plays? Bloke looks shot already, which is ridiculous.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
What is it with the QB disaster zone that is the Jets? Wilson looked hugely impressive in the run up to the draft, and in college, but now looks like he's never played before. How can you go three picks in five plays? Bloke looks shot already, which is ridiculous.
Didn't Burrow go 3 picks in 3 attempts yesterday too? :D

The Pats D is legit and BB knows how to make it tough on rookie QBs, I wouldn't read too much into it. His HC is a defensive-minded one as well... OC is Mike LaFleur who obviously had success in SF in previous years but I think that might've been more down to the genius that is Shanahan rather than him?

All rookie QBs have looked pretty pedestrian so far imo. Fields and Jones a bit more promising than Lawrence and Wilson but it'll take some time to adjust to pro level probably.

backofthenet

Didn't Burrow go 3 picks in 3 attempts yesterday too? :D

The Pats D is legit and BB knows how to make it tough on rookie QBs, I wouldn't read too much into it. His HC is a defensive-minded one as well... OC is Mike LaFleur who obviously had success in SF in previous years but I think that might've been more down to the genius that is Shanahan rather than him?

All rookie QBs have looked pretty pedestrian so far imo. Fields and Jones a bit more promising than Lawrence and Wilson but it'll take some time to adjust to pro level probably.
I suppose it does come down to the surrounding cast as much as anything and both the Jacksonville and Jets OL's are pretty terrible, but I didn't expect them to look as bad as they did. Yeah the hooded one does do a hell of a job in confusing the hell out of rookie QB's on a regular basis, but you'd think they would scheme something to give the lad a chance.

Is it just me or does there seem to be a fair few suspect OL's this year. Miami's were non-existent, Jets, Jags, Bears.. in fact pretty much all of the teams with rookie or relatively new QB's. You'd think that the GM's would look to give these guys a decent cast to protect them so they had a chance to get used to the pace of the NFL but it seems not. I mean the Miami line in particular were brutally bad. Wasn't it something like 4 QB hits in 6 snaps that Tua faced? That's no way to run a franchise surely?

RoyH1

The Raiders being 2-0 after beating the Ravens and the Steelers to open the season is a huge surprise.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I suppose it does come down to the surrounding cast as much as anything and both the Jacksonville and Jets OL's are pretty terrible, but I didn't expect them to look as bad as they did. Yeah the hooded one does do a hell of a job in confusing the hell out of rookie QB's on a regular basis, but you'd think they would scheme something to give the lad a chance.

Is it just me or does there seem to be a fair few suspect OL's this year. Miami's were non-existent, Jets, Jags, Bears.. in fact pretty much all of the teams with rookie or relatively new QB's. You'd think that the GM's would look to give these guys a decent cast to protect them so they had a chance to get used to the pace of the NFL but it seems not. I mean the Miami line in particular were brutally bad. Wasn't it something like 4 QB hits in 6 snaps that Tua faced? That's no way to run a franchise surely?
The Jets have Becton out, but that’s not a full excuse.

Zach was doubly screwed because 2 of their top 3 WRs have been out, and the two guys that look like they will be the future of this offense along with Zach are rookies too. There’s also the hex Bill has on rookie QBs which was one part of the deal he made with the devil with the blood sacrifices.

entropy

he was unlucky on the 2nd pick. not to excuse his decision making but still. also, didn't the pats have a fumble on the very first play? it got overturned if I am not mistaken.

backofthenet

The Jets have Becton out, but that’s not a full excuse.

Zach was doubly screwed because 2 of their top 3 WRs have been out, and the two guys that look like they will be the future of this offense along with Zach are rookies too. There’s also the hex Bill has on rookie QBs which was one part of the deal he made with the devil with the blood sacrifices.
:lol:

You're right its not a full excuse, and I think having already fecked one potential franchise QB up, they might have thought more carefully that having a capable OL would help... but it turns out not. Just have to hope for the lad that he gets past this season relatively unscathed but I fear he's in for a rough first year

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Sam Darnold isn't it imo. They beat an awful Jets team in Wilson's first career start and then the Saints who basically had their entire coaching staff out due to Covid concerns.

Their defense is promising (hard not to since they only drafted defensive players one or two years ago in the draft) but Darnold.. meh, I'm not buying into their 2-0 start (probably 3-0 with the Texans upcoming on TNF this week).

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It’s hilarious that Cowboys are so bad year after year even after all the help
I find it genuinely funny that you think they get help. What about the non called OPI last week that cost them the game? Or are you only interested in decisions that favour Dallas..? :smirk:

I thought the officials were bad both ways yesterday.

lsd

The Oracle
For me saying they’re not going 17-0 so you can rub my nose in it when they actually do?

Fair.

It's going to be a Broncos Cowboys Superbowl so when the Cowboys wil I will remember you and Carolina were posting how bout them Broncos :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.