NFL 2024 | Draft Day

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Considering we picked up Jacoby, I’d actually feel quite comfortable with us trading out of 3 for a big haul.
Possibly drafting a franchise altering QB >>>>> riding a back-up quality QB for God knows how long.

You don't get a lot of chances at drafting a high-end QB talent in the top 3 of the draft. Luckily for Bears fans Ryan Poles figured that one out as well.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Apart from the fact they have George Kittle starring in a documentary called "Receiver", I'm interested to see how this one pans out. The Quarterback thing wasn't great television or anything but a good pass-time with some interesting insights imo.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Apart from the fact they have George Kittle starring in a documentary called "Receiver", I'm interested to see how this one pans out. The Quarterback thing wasn't great television or anything but a good pass-time with some interesting insights imo.
Looks like we are just going to get a backslapping documentary which shows how fecking great they all are. Hardly as interesting as the QB series where you had a relatively poor QB getting benched, an average guy over achieving and the best. The only bit of contrast I can see from those receivers is Devante Adams and Jefferson playing well for a team that sucks. Imagine how much better it would have been if they had some idiot, shitty WR like Toney featuring.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Possibly drafting a franchise altering QB >>>>> riding a back-up quality QB for God knows how long.

You don't get a lot of chances at drafting a high-end QB talent in the top 3 of the draft. Luckily for Bears fans Ryan Poles figured that one out as well.
Yeah but as plenty of other teams have also shown, drafting an elite QB into a terrible situation is also a failing approach.

I agree that we should have gone wild in free agency and drafted a QB at 3. But given our behaviour in free agency, we could draft an elite QB and all we would do is end their career.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Looks like we are just going to get a backslapping documentary which shows how fecking great they all are. Hardly as interesting as the QB series where you had a relatively poor QB getting benched, an average guy over achieving and the best. The only bit of contrast I can see from those receivers is Devante Adams and Jefferson playing well for a team that sucks. Imagine how much better it would have been if they had some idiot, shitty WR like Toney featuring.
Jefferson had the first injury of his career, Adams had struggles with the Raiders' coaches when he didn't receive (enough) targets and they had the HC switch mid-season, ARSB was part of a great Lions story, and Kittle/Deebo went to the Super Bowl. Each one of them has the potential for interesting storylines imo.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah but as plenty of other teams have also shown, drafting an elite QB into a terrible situation is also a failing approach.

I agree that we should have gone wild in free agency and drafted a QB at 3. But given our behaviour in free agency, we could draft an elite QB and all we would do is end their career.
Could have him sit behind Brissett worst-case scenario I guess, but not sure how realistic that is given that they are touted as immediate starters...

RoadTrip

Could have him sit behind Brissett worst-case scenario I guess, but not sure how realistic that is given that they are touted as immediate starters...
Pretty difficult I think to take a QB at 3 and then not be expected to start them, at least very soon, if not day 1. I think though we are so far away in so many positions and just going through a first HC change, it’s one of the few situations where I wouldn’t mind us trading out. Unless we are super sure that whoever we will get at 3 is genuinely the guy we want.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Pretty difficult I think to take a QB at 3 and then not be expected to start them, at least very soon, if not day 1. I think though we are so far away in so many positions and just going through a first HC change, it’s one of the few situations where I wouldn’t mind us trading out. Unless we are super sure that whoever we will get at 3 is genuinely the guy we want.
That may be the key. If the staff has a firm #2 QB after CW and isn’t hot on the 3rd guy. In that case the big trade with Minny moving up somewhere that we’re all sure will happen might be a draft night occasion…?

The talk for a while was Maye may be higher on many boards than Caleb, but that has died down and now there’s more talk of Daniels being above Maye for several teams so who knows.

Jeudy gets PAID!! New

Dobba

Bang average WRs continue to get paid ludicrous money.

He's got one more NFL career receiving TD than Mike Evans has had 1,000 yard seasons. In five of those seasons, Evans caught more TDs than Jeudy has in his entire career.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

He's got one more NFL career receiving TD than Mike Evans has had 1,000 yard seasons. In five of those seasons, Evans caught more TDs than Jeudy has in his entire career.
That's fecking nuts when you consider the Curtis Samuel and Hollywood Brown deals.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

They’d best hope he learns to catch.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Bargain, outstanding player who just needs a change of scenery

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He’s got potential but seriously the number of times he dropped passes that were right on the money was insane.

His route running is fantastic, he can get open with ease, he just needs some glue on his gloves.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
The Cowboys have been such a joke that it’s getting very hard for any optimism this season. Jerry Jones with his all in comments about this upcoming season just rings hallow. Dak cutting or restructuring his contract to save 4 million is just ridiculous.
We are just losing players and have no running back. Depressing since the Eagles are schooling our front office. I feel like nothing gonna change while Jerry gets older and hangs onto to the GM position along with his son.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
This guy knows.

Jeudy as a Bama prospect was in the same tier as Lamb. Not saying he will ever get to that level in the NFL, but he has the potential to be an outstanding WR. Hopefully the change of scenery serves him well.

RoadTrip

Wouldn’t mind Jeudy’s career taking off but sadly it’s at loggerheads with my general desire to want the Browns to fail at everything and anything.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

Looks like we'll be seeing more phantom unchallengeable 15 yard penalties if this goes through.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Looks like we'll be seeing more phantom unchallengeable 15 yard penalties if this goes through.
Dunno how anybody can take issue with the banning - throwing your bodyweight across a planted leg like that is a career-ender waiting to happen.

Now, how this actually gets called is a different question of course. :wenger:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
That is piss poor compensation for arguably the best performing corner in the league last year. I get not tying him up to a big long-term contract with his dodgy knees and the depth we have there. But we've got to get more than a third rounder and a 7th swap. I'd rather have kept him on tag to go all in on the threepeat and lose him for free next year.

Edit: didn't even twig that it's a pick for next year's draft. feck sake.

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
So bizarre to swap 7th rd selections, makes no sense even considering the 2025 pick received. Swap 2nd or 3rd or 4th. If the other side want the player that bad they'll figure it out.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Bad:

Maybe good?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I'd rather just give coaches the opportunity to use their red flag for any shitty call though.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Has anybody here any good link on the issues with the Packers medical staff? The complains don’t seem to go away, now that even Bakhtiari criticised them. Even though not as directly as Campbell did.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Kick-offs fun again
Yes and no. They also changed the onside kicks rule so teams can only do it in the 4th quarter and they have to declare they are doing it to the opposing team, which sucks.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Yes and no. They also changed the onside kicks rule so teams can only do it in the 4th quarter and they have to declare they are doing it to the opposing team, which sucks.
Ok that's trash.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Does anyone ever attempt an onside kick to the surprise of the opposing team? It’s usually rather apparent, surely, so what’s the need to declare it?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That's absolute horseshit.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Does anyone ever attempt an onside kick to the surprise of the opposing team? It’s usually rather apparent, surely, so what’s the need to declare it?
Didn't the Saints do it in the Super Bowl? I know someone did rather recently.

e - yep...

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Yeah can't think of one. I'm stumped.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
But first, a shout out to all our resident members who make each NFL season even more memorable.

List of members and their teams

Arizona Cardinals: @V.O.
Atlanta Falcons: @Evans999
Baltimore Ravens: @arnie_ni
Buffalo Bills: @Swarm
Chicago Bears: @Loon
Dallas Cowboys: @MrMarcello @Carl @entropy @lsd
Denver Broncos: @Rado_N @Organic Potatoes @Carolina Red @Dan_F
Detroit Lions: @Eboue
Eric Bieniemy: @Andrade
Green Bay Packers: @altodevil @HTG @Sylar @Speedy30 @Jack-C20
Kansas City Chiefs: @P-Ro @Oldyella
Las Vegas Raiders: @backofthenet @DannyCAFC
Los Angeles Chargers: @Man of Leisure
Los Angeles Rams: @Meller @Gavinb33
Miami Dolphins: @Tom Van Persie
Minnesota Vikings: @JPRouve @GlasgowRedz
New England Patriots: @RoadTrip @JJ12 @roseguy64
New Orleans Saints: @WeePat @RobinLFC
New York Giants: @adexkola
New York Jets: @mav_9me (sympathiser) @Murder on Zidane's Floor @unchanged_lineup
Philadelphia Eagles: @Ayush_reddevil @OnlyTwoDaSilvas @Sandyman @Chip
Pittsburgh Steelers: @RedDevilRoshi
San Francisco 49ers: @whitbyviking @Charlie Foley @Desert Eagle @Rolandofgilead @dpansheth @swooshboy
Seattle Seahawks: @Hephaestus
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: @calodo2003
Washington Commanders: @MarylandMUFan @Ollie Derbyshire
No team: @Raoul @Duafc @SirAnderson
All over the place: @Scarlett Dracarys
Unsure: @edcunited1878

This list is from last year's thread. If there are any additions or changes to be made, please let me know.
Bit late on this, but for my sins I am a Washington Commanders fan. Have been since the early 80s. Sad really.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports

Why not? Doubt he'll be a WR but could be a handy RB. Also we're a team that likes to script RB receiving plays so he'll get a chance to develop his catching. Although being realistic, we'll probably end up cutting him.