g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

NFL 2024 | Schedule Release

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
That Christian Kirk contract is worth a chuckle every time too :lol:

Worst thing is the WR cost is only going to get higher too :nervous:
Him and Diontae Johnson are both "who the feck?" players. You can follow the NFL, watch redzone and the live games on Sundays and still not know who they even are or what team they play for. Yet they're making nearly 20m a year.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Him and Diontae Johnson are both "who the feck?" players. You can follow the NFL, watch redzone and the live games on Sundays and still not know who they even are or what team they play for. Yet they're making nearly 20m a year.
Errrr yeah, no. Diontae Johnson averaged 150 targets, 100 catches and 1,000 yards over a 3-year span.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Errrr yeah, no. Diontae Johnson averaged 150 targets, 100 catches and 1,000 yards over a 3-year span.
You're a fantasy guy. I'd say it's more likely that the average fan who follows a team outside his division and isn't into fantasy doesn't know him. I reckon the average fan pays attention to their team, their divisional rivals and the 6-8 teams who have a chance in winning the Super Bowl.

Go back in last year's thread and there's 2 mentions of him. One from you when (rightly) warning me how shit our WRs are and another from someone talking about what they're going to do in their fantasy. He's a good WR1 who played for a .500 franchise and doesn't have the same exposure as most of the other guys listed there.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
You're a fantasy guy. I'd say it's more likely that the average fan who follows a team outside his division and isn't into fantasy doesn't know him. I reckon the average fan pays attention to their team, their divisional rivals and the 6-8 teams who have a chance in winning the Super Bowl.

Go back in last year's thread and there's 2 mentions of him. One from you when (rightly) warning me how shit our WRs are and another from someone talking about what they're going to do in their fantasy. He's a good WR1 who played for a .500 franchise and doesn't have the same exposure as most of the other guys listed there.
By your criteria JJ is someone who wouldn’t warrant attention by anyone other than those following the NFC North. I don’t think player quality can be equated to how much their team is followed. Sure people might not give a shit about them but that doesn’t mean they are shit or that they don’t deserve to be paid?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'm pretty sure everyone knows who Christian Kirk and Diontae Johnson are

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
By your criteria JJ is someone who wouldn’t warrant attention by anyone other than those following the NFC North. I don’t think player quality can be equated to how much their team is followed. Sure people might not give a shit about them but that doesn’t mean they are shit or that they don’t deserve to be paid?
My point is that there are a load of decent but not great WRs getting paid stupid money when you compare them with tight ends. The fact that guys like Jeudy, Johnson and Kirk earn more than any tight end is insane.

Edit: I'm terrible at reading. Read it as JJ Watt :lol:

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
My point is that there are a load of decent but not great WRs getting paid stupid money when you compare them with tight ends. The fact that guys like Jeudy, Johnson and Kirk earn more than any tight end is insane.

Edit: I'm terrible at reading. Read it as JJ Watt :lol:
:lol:

Principally I agree - there are certain TEs who should be paid as much as top tier WRs based on what they bring. No doubt about it.

Was just commenting on your specific point!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

The criminally underrated Strap Harris has officially called it a career.

What a legend. The No Fly Zone was exceptional.

JJ12

The criminally underrated Strap Harris has officially called it a career.

What a legend. The No Fly Zone was exceptional.
Great player, thought he retired a while back.

Also, can you really be underrated and be on the 'all decade team' :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Great player, thought he retired a while back.

Also, can you really be underrated and be on the 'all decade team' :lol:
Absolutely. He was perennially overlooked from things like top 100s and other forms of recognition.

Dan_F

I have to say, the two games at the Tottenham stadium are pretty good, depending on how the Bears rookies start. It’s annoying because I’m guaranteed a ticket at Wembley due to historical purchases, but I don’t think they do that for the Spurs stadium.

JJ12

The roast of Tom Brady surpassed any expectation I had. Fantastic television.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Supposedly, Brady got pissed about Ross making a massage joke about Kraft, although some say it was probably scripted for Brady to appear he's defending Kraft.

Local morning radio guys in Tampa, 98.7, made the comment that they should have scripted the massage joke with a massage table prop.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Supposedly, Brady got pissed about Ross making a massage joke about Kraft, although some say it was probably scripted for Brady to appear he's defending Kraft.

Local morning radio guys in Tampa, 98.7, made the comment that they should have scripted the massage joke with a massage table prop.
WDAE? If so, who is the morning crew these days?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Not seen the whole thing but I've seen some short videos and it seems to be quite funny at times. Honestly, Brady seems like a very self-depreciating guy just like Manning, which is a positive thing. Will he actually be in the booth commenting on games for the upcoming season? Thought he signed some kind of deal with FOX if I remember correctly.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Is the schedule coming out this week? Hoping to catch an an Eagles home game in October, but tickets typically sell out minutes after release. There were rumours it was gonna be this Thursday, which would be in line with the last couple of years, but we'd know by now if it was, surely?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Decided to give the Brady roast a watch.

Cant help feel like all the Gisele jokes are out of line; she didn’t sign up for this.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Decided to give the Brady roast a watch.

Cant help feel like all the Gisele jokes are out of line; she didn’t sign up for this.
Deery me. Did they say Gazelle cheated on him anteloped with another man?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Just found out that Gisele is pronounced with a J. Regardless, I stand by my pun. It was and is excellent.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Rashee Rice is being investigated again by the Dallas PD. This time he allegedly assaulted a paperazzo in a club on Monday. Seen too many instances over the years of these wankers claiming they've been attacked only for it to be proven that they were just swatted away after putting a camera right in someone's face.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Is the schedule coming out this week? Hoping to catch an an Eagles home game in October, but tickets typically sell out minutes after release. There were rumours it was gonna be this Thursday, which would be in line with the last couple of years, but we'd know by now if it was, surely?
It's May 15th, so next week :)

Dan_F

Rashee Rice is being investigated again by the Dallas PD. This time he allegedly assaulted a paperazzo in a club on Monday. Seen too many instances over the years of these wankers claiming they've been attacked only for it to be proven that they were just swatted away after putting a camera right in someone's face.
Worth giving him the benefit of the doubt seen as he comes across as a such a well principled individual with good decision making.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Irt to the Brady roast, not sure if anything will top the Justin Bieber, Charlie Sheen and Mike Tyson roasts.
There were a very few funny moments but the vast majority of it was a massively cringe inducing indictment of locker room banter with the amount of gay jokes and Jew jokes and other lazy childish shite.

You honestly wouldn’t think these were supposed professional comedians on the stage. Nicky Glazer (spelling?) was funnier than most but even that’s a low bar.

To be fair as much as I can’t stand the bloke Brady himself delivered a better set than most of the ‘pros’.

But obviously Manning was better.

JJ12

There were a very few funny moments but the vast majority of it was a massively cringe inducing indictment of locker room banter with the amount of gay jokes and Jew jokes and other lazy childish shite.

You honestly wouldn’t think these were supposed professional comedians on the stage. Nicky Glazer (spelling?) was funnier than most but even that’s a low bar.

To be fair as much as I can’t stand the bloke Brady himself delivered a better set than most of the ‘pros’.

But obviously Manning was better.
Moss, Manning, Affleck and Ron Burgundy offered nothing. Tom and Bert were the worst of the professionals.

The gay jokes were cringe though