Denver @ Cincinnati
Jacksonville @ Carolina
New England @ Buffalo
New Orleans @ Seattle
Chicago @ San Francisco
Atlanta @ Dallas
Oakland @ Tennessee

MNF- Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia

I picked the Skins over Jets on Thursday (although I despise the Skins)

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Raoul said:
The same way Dallas lost to Houston last year (LOL). They got outplayed.
Dallas sucked then and now and I figured they'd lose to Houston. You have Miami as a super bowl champion. So who's the joke on? Miami.

MrMarcello

There are 15 games remaining so not all hope is lost. Speaking of Miami, great comeback against Florida. I remember when the Gators blew a 28 point lead at Florida State in 1994.

Jens

MrMarcello said:
Plummer had a bad game but the team won. Then again, it was the Bungles.
Team won but I expected some more from Plummer. Clinton Portis cannot carry the offence on his own. He´s a Terrell Davis or Jamal Anderson waiting to happen if he does.

Martz sticks with Warner (how many has he had now? He must be reaching Aikman or Steve Young territory) despite a concussion and only gives Marshall Faulk the ball 9 times????? He better gets a clue quickly.

kennyj

MrMarcello said:
:lol: @ Miami ... how did they lose to Houston?
I'm in two suicide pools. In one pool 30 out 40 people went out with the Dolphins; in the other 26 out of 30. Luckily, I had SF in each pool.

Alek M

Da manic one
How about Anquan Bolden, 216 yds and 2 tds and I can't even spell his name right. Jeff Blake is a good QB, but I don't think that Anquan can repeat (even close to) those numbers in next few weeks. I would like to predict that Arizona will go winingless all season.

I think Jake would do better in the weeks to come, but if Bronco's are not succesfull this season, either "the snake" or shanahan will be out of a job in January.

My saints were disasterouse and I wouldn't count on more than 4-5 wins this season, if that.

I think Warner will still keep his job, unless Rams end up with0-3. Fantasy football owners of Kurt Warner beware, I would handcuff Bulger if I were you. Warner needs to hang on the ball, but he had no pass protection this Sunday, the pocket kept colapsing on him, and his shaky peanutbutter fingers made it more than easy for the ball to slip. I think that the giants will find their way to the playoffs and possibly the NFC championship game.

I was hoping for RIcky to rich the 2k mark this season, but it looks like Priest is headed that way. No sign of injury, 2 tds, great performance (never been his fan but gotta give props). Dolphin fans, no need to worry, Jay is a solid quarterback, and how about that catch from Chris Chambers? You will reach this year's play-off I promise.

An end of an era in Lambeau field? One of the three active playing QB that are legends in my books is there but he is banged up and I wouldn't be surpised if he retires after this season. Ahmad is also banged up, their receivers are nothing spectacular, so maybe they need to start working on their 5-yr plan. On the other hand, are the Vikings on the upswing? I think not.

The 49's scored 49 points. It appears that the departure of mooch did not make a significant impact. However, it sure did in Detroit. They have already won 1/3 of the games they won last year. I am dissapointed from Olandis Gary, but Charles Rogers and Bill Shroeder should be the hottest duo this season with a little help from the last year's No3 overall draft pick.

The tuna didn't change much in dallas did he? What happend to all the new defensive regimes he was going to implement? Even Vickless Atlanta managed to take care of the lonesome star cowboys. Maybe tuna should realize that Q-kar is not the QB of the future. However, Jake Delhomme is. Rallying last year's pathethic Panters to a win with a TD pass to the 3rd string ex-ram Ricky Proehl with 16 sec to go was a significant statement that it is him, not old man Pete, that should start there.

P.s Beware of the new color bill that is coming out sometime in October and possibly making a good playoff run. Oh yeah, Remeber (also) the Titans.

I am out...

MrMarcello

Parcells was satisfied with Mike Zimmer's defensive schemes. It's the damn offense that leaves the defense on the field, thus the D eventually breaks down. The defensive schemes employed by Dallas are solid, they just lack a premier pass rushing DE. The secondary is good, despite being thin at the moment (Williams and Woodson are the best safety tandem in the NFL). Newman is going to be a top 5 CB within two seasons. The LB corps is fast and strong, although not pro bowl caliber, they are quality. The DL is the weakness, except for Glover.

The problems for Dallas are at QB, RB, and OL. The line needs to be consistent and remain healthy to allow the running game to develop. A solid running game allows the passing game to function properly. Of course, with Carter at QB, the Boys have little chance of consistency at QB and no chance of comebacks in he 4th. He has absolutely no touch on deep throws and often leaves his passes short. Luckily, Galloway is great at adjusting his routes to make catches or break up would be interceptions. I think Carter will play himself out of the starting position by week 6, then Hutchinson will get his chance. Will he succeed? Let's just say the smart money will be on Romo making an appearance by season's end.

The Boys would have been wise to trade for Brunell in July, rework his contract, and let him play with Dallas for 2-4 seasons. Of course, had Jerry Jones drafted Drew Brees two years ago, Dallas would not be struggling as much on offense. But Jerry has no clue about drafting and the two recent drafts are producing better players only because he is actually listening to his scouts and personnel instead of trying to prove he has that "instinct" that Jimmy Johnson had when drafting.

Alek M

Da manic one
MrMarcello said:
Parcells was satisfied with Mike Zimmer's defensive schemes. It's the damn offense that leaves the defense on the field, thus the D eventually breaks down. The defensive schemes employed by Dallas are solid, they just lack a premier pass rushing DE. The secondary is good, despite being thin at the moment (Williams and Woodson are the best safety tandem in the NFL). Newman is going to be a top 5 CB within two seasons. The LB corps is fast and strong, although not pro bowl caliber, they are quality. The DL is the weakness, except for Glover.

The problems for Dallas are at QB, RB, and OL. The line needs to be consistent and remain healthy to allow the running game to develop. A solid running game allows the passing game to function properly. Of course, with Carter at QB, the Boys have little chance of consistency at QB and no chance of comebacks in he 4th. He has absolutely no touch on deep throws and often leaves his passes short. Luckily, Galloway is great at adjusting his routes to make catches or break up would be interceptions. I think Carter will play himself out of the starting position by week 6, then Hutchinson will get his chance. Will he succeed? Let's just say the smart money will be on Romo making an appearance by season's end.

The Boys would have been wise to trade for Brunell in July, rework his contract, and let him play with Dallas for 2-4 seasons. Of course, had Jerry Jones drafted Drew Brees two years ago, Dallas would not be struggling as much on offense. But Jerry has no clue about drafting and the two recent drafts are producing better players only because he is actually listening to his scouts and personnel instead of trying to prove he has that "instinct" that Jimmy Johnson had when drafting.
I see you live in dallas and probably listen to your afternoon sports show on the radio. As far as "Williams and Woodson are the best safety tandem in the NFL", I wouldn't go that far, but I would agree that the defense is pretty good. It was good last year as well, and that brough in 8 wins, not the offense. Howver, I would expect a 3rd rate QB like Doug Johnson to tear up my defense. I agree that 'boys should have obtained Brunnel, or maybe traded up this year for Leftvitch. I don't think that hutchinson is a solution to the problem, even if Q-Kar is terrible for the first part of the season. With that type of offensive line you need a scrambling QB, and Q-Kar may not be the greatest, but is way better than Harrington when running for his life.

And I still do not understand how the saints let La'Roi go. Randy lost his job after that stupid move.

MrMarcello

I used to live in Fort Worth, which for those that are not aware of US cities is about 30 miles west of Dallas. I still follow the Boys through the official website and I have friends in the local area that keep me informed. I had season tickets last year and was going to buy them for this season, but a Reserve Command assignment in the Air Force came up that was too good to pass on. So I am in Georgia through January 04.

As for Johnson tearing up Dallas, he had a good game, but if he DL cannot disrupt the passing game, eventually a receiver will break free and get in position to make a big play downfield. The Boys had no answer to Alge Crumpler who is becoming a solid TE and is a dark horse pro bowl candidate this season.

Dallas defense is still a solid unit, it's definitely the offense that screws things up. If the offense could maintain possession an extra 3-5 minutes per game (and scored more points), the defense would be more rested late and be able to make the plays they need to win. One turning point was in the 2nd quarter when Carter connected with Galloway for a huge gain inside the Falcon 10. The play was called back for illegel motion, by Bryant who reset his stance while Campbell was in motion, and the Boys punted. Another bad time was when Dallas was at the Falcon 14 and Carter threw behind Campbell, who was at the 3 and would have walked into the end zone. That would have given Dallas a 14-3 lead at halftime. This could have changed the outcome of the game. Instead, Cundiff shanked a 33 yard FG attempt. Dallas led 7-3 and must have not felt good about the chances they missed.

Also, late in the game, Dallas was at the Falcon 2, but Carter was sacked and then threw two incomplete passes. Dallas scores there, and the lead is cut to 7 with an onside kick imminent. It's those little things that cost the team. It happens in every game and the loser will find those things and lament on them where as the winners move on.

BTW, the boys official website is by far the best of any pro sport franchise. I've seen lots, but I still think Dallas is the best conceived and most fan friendly of them all. Try it out, even the anti-cowboys should like. DallasCowboys.com

Raoul

Admin
Staff
MrMarcello said:
Dallas sucked then and now and I figured they'd lose to Houston. You have Miami as a super bowl champion. So who's the joke on? Miami.
At least Miami didn't lost to the Texans in their inaugural game. At least Miami has a chance to make the playoffs etc. You were saying ?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Jens said:
Team won but I expected some more from Plummer. Clinton Portis cannot carry the offence on his own. He´s a Terrell Davis or Jamal Anderson waiting to happen if he does.

Martz sticks with Warner (how many has he had now? He must be reaching Aikman or Steve Young territory) despite a concussion and only gives Marshall Faulk the ball 9 times????? He better gets a clue quickly.
I think Portis has a legitimate shot at 2000 yards this year. That alone will carry Denver into the playoffs imo. Plummer and his recievers need only have a moderate year if Portis does it all.

kennyj

Raoul said:
At least Miami has a chance to make the playoffs etc.
I thought Miami saved their collapses until the end of the season. ;) I'll be at the Jet-Miami game Sunday. Somebody's season will be at risk after the game. Should be a good game.

MrMarcello

Raoul said:
At least Miami didn't lost to the Texans in their inaugural game. At least Miami has a chance to make the playoffs etc. You were saying ?
You have no point, we know Dallas is horrible and yes I did expect Dallas to lay a boner in the Houston game. However, when Dallas enters a season as a contender, they never go out and lay a boner to an inferior team like Miami did versus Houston (at home). Tell you what, when Miami wins a Super Bowl in your lifetime, you can brag all you want. As for me, Dallas has won 4 during my lifetime, of which 3 I was of aware of (I was only two when Dallas won in 1978). Well, maybe you were alive in the early 70s when Miami won the Super Bowl.

The standings reflect both teams are 0-1. I expect Miami to bounce back in their next game and I pray that Dallas does not get embarrassed on MNF versus NY Giants. Dallas and Miami play this season. The Dolphins will probably be favored and should win. On any given Sunday...surely the Dolphins will show up this time around. The Boys shut them out in 1999 on Turkey Day.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
MrMarcello said:
You have no point, we know Dallas is horrible and yes I did expect Dallas to lay a boner in the Houston game. However, when Dallas enters a season as a contender, they never go out and lay a boner to an inferior team like Miami did versus Houston (at home). Tell you what, when Miami wins a Super Bowl in your lifetime, you can brag all you want. As for me, Dallas has won 4 during my lifetime, of which 3 I was of aware of (I was only two when Dallas won in 1978). Well, maybe you were alive in the early 70s when Miami won the Super Bowl.
No need to bring history into this. Lets leave that for the Liverpool fans.