Music Nick Cave

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Yes, I was kidding - sorry, nasty habit I picked up in the General Forum

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
He wrote the Australian Western movie The Proposition, tis very good, if just about the grimmest movie ever

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Man who, every day, leaves the ar$e end of his Merc. parked across the pavement in Fourth Avenue, Hove? The very same.
Can a mod please clean up this post?

Profanity of this sort is frankly disgusting.

spinoza

Paz's ion
Modern day poet.

I thought Digg Lazarus Digg was decent. He's actually started referencing himself, something which only the very great or the very bad can do.

He's a genius... Thank you Kristjan :D

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Listened to the new album "Push The Sky Away" a few times, not sure how much I like it yet. Only nine tracks on the album so you wouldn't want there to be much filler but a few of the tracks aren't doing it for me. Still a good album but not up there with his best imo, though it might still grow on me. Anyone else listen to it?

LoveInTheAsylum

Someone I've never got into to the extent I think I probably should, think I'll have another good listen this weekend. Hallelujah is one of my favourite songs though.
The bonus points he should get for Wings of Desire he loses out of petty envy for having been in a relationship with PJ Harvey.

Keenst

Listened to the new album this morning. I knew it was going to be dark and emotional and it is. This is by far his most personal record. I think 'I Need You' might become my favourite song of his.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I used to follow The Birthday Party around England and followed Nick Cave for a few years after they split, but I can't listen to his stuff now.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The music has certainly changed a lot since then.
Me and my mate Ash used to try staring him out when he was doing his angry look around the crowd. I caught his eye a few times and after 30 seconds of pulling weird faces at him, we occasionally got a 'feck off' before he turned away.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Did anyone see the film? So incredibly powerful. Listening to the album is a completely different experience having seen it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
20,000 Days on Earth? I remember seeing that and thinking the filmmakers who made the documentary were a lot more interesting than Nick himself.
Nah, there's a film out covering the making of the new album.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Early reviews are pretty glowing:

"No other record released this year will provoke such conflicting emotions in you. Skeleton Tree is both beautiful and harrowing, hard to listen to but even harder to look away from." - NME

"It’s a record of unusual rawness, honesty and intensity." - The Guardian

"The album is a melancholic masterpiece not for the fainthearted." - The Telegraph

"The result is beautiful, visceral and, predictably, emotionally devastating." - The Independent

"No one could have crafted this masterpiece quite like Nick Cave, and the staggering amount of material over his nearly four decade long career doesn’t prepare for what we have here. This stands as possibly his greatest achievement, as much a sorrowful exploration as a loving sendoff only for his fans, but more importantly, for himself." - Sputnikmusic

"The record resonates with raw, emotional intensity in a stunning way." - Rolling Stone.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Who the feck is Nick Cave?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Probably his best album since he released Boatman's Call nearly 20 years ago.

Certainly way better that PTSA, which did much less with a similar sound. Managed it in 8 songs and under 40min too. Take note James Blake.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Album-wise I'd probably start with Let Love In. Kinda marks the boundary between Old Testament and New Testament Nick Cave.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Best track on the album and one of his best ever, I think. 'tis gorgeous.