Nick Powell

Robbie Boy

He seems to have finally started to fulfil some of his potential and has settled down this season: he currently has 12 goals for Wigan. He was linked with moves to some PL clubs during the January window but nothing materialised. I imagine during the summer he'll move on if he can stay injury free and maintain his form.

He's clearly a talented player and I'm not 100% sure what went wrong with him here. Maybe if Fergie had of stayed, things would have turned out differently. It seems it was maybe a case of having so much, so young and he maybe lost his way a-bit. He's still only 23 and if his head is in the right place, I wonder what kind of level he can step up to.

Classical Mechanic

He seems to have finally started to fulfil some of his potential and has settled down this season: he currently has 12 goals for Wigan. He was linked with moves to some PL clubs during the January window but nothing materialised. I imagine during the summer he'll move on if he can stay injury free and maintain his form.

He's clearly a talented player and I'm not 100% sure what went wrong with him here. Maybe if Fergie had of stayed, things would have turned out differently. It seems it was maybe a case of having so much, so young and he maybe lost his way a-bit. He's still only 23 and if his head is in the right place, I wonder what kind of level he can step up to.
He was linked with a PL move in the Jan window. Fergie hinted that he is a bit of an odd character. He's very talented so it will be interesting to where he goes from here.

Robbie Boy

He was linked with a PL move in the Jan window. Fergie hinted that he is a bit of an odd character. He's very talented so it will be interesting to where he goes from here.
Aye, yeah I mentioned that in the first paragraph. Think it was Palace and Bournemouth. Odd character? Any idea in what way?

Bojan11

Personally think he enjoys the easy life especially in the lower decisions.

He’d look out of his depth if he joins the premier league again.

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Odd character as in he doesn’t like football and sees it as just a job!

Trizy

All I remember of him was watching a youtube video right before we signed him. Scored some beauties :drool:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Recent performance against a PL side (West Ham) in the cup. It's clear he is of PL standard.

Robbie Boy

All I remember of him was watching a youtube video right before we signed him. Scored some beauties :drool:
I remember his volley for Crewe in the Play Off Final right before he joined us! The kid looked an absolute gem and I remember being delighted when we signed him as Chelsea were after him too.

sp_107

Talent is there but problem with his application I think !! I am OK with Nick but my biggest disappointment at youth level is Ravel Morrison who could be our midfield solution for more than 10 years if he focussed on just football !!

Fergie ..Rio..Big Sam ..his lazio manager all said his natural ability is one of the best they have seen !! What a waste in the end !!

AP88

Supports
Man City
I think he’ll get found out as an attacking player at the top level, but his passing skill set could see him very useful as a deeper midfield player in the Premier League, where I imagine Sir Alex eventually saw him.

el3mel

One of our strangest going prospects. Does well on loans, return, not fulfilling his potential or anything, loaned again, etc. I was glad when we finally sold him because I was getting bored of this cycle.

sugar_kane

Not liked him since he seemed to deliberately foul a few our players in the Wigan friendly at the start of last season. As stated above it seems like he's got a bit of strange mentality.

Full bodied red

Absolutely no doubt he could have been EPL level, whether as a good squad payer with us or a regular with the likes of Southampton, Burnley, etc.

Quite what went wrong we'll never really know - attitude, injuries, lack of interest, too much money too soon....Probably a combination of all four.

Really do hope he gets another chance somewhere, because I'm sure there's a really good player in there somewhere.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I remember his volley for Crewe in the Play Off Final right before he joined us! The kid looked an absolute gem and I remember being delighted when we signed him as Chelsea were after him too.
I remember that well, was a screamer but I hated it against my Cheltenham Town :(

Chipper

Adulterer.
I remember being more impressed by his first 2 or 3 appearances than I was by Kagawa so far when he came into the team. That didn't take much, mind.

GazTheLegend

Before he got injured, he was playing -really- well vs Man City in
the cup for Wigan.

He’s turning into a very good player, but I’m still not quite sure he’s our level. Will be a premier league player again one day though.

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
I was at that match, seated right behind the goal it went in to. I thought you were signing a real gem then as well, a potential next Lampard. I've been very surprised he's not at least established himself in the Premier League yet.

Eggric

I never liked him ever since he admitted that he didn't care to watch United play their Europa League games whilst he was out on loan. He said he was busy playing FIFA 16 instead :/

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I liked it when he tried to injure our players. Good stuff.

izec

i thought he was great for such a young lad at first. Then he became lazy and didnt care. He had so much potential

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
We should be in for players like him because for every Nick Powell there is Delle Alli. Shame he himself didn't make it he had an interesting profile of a player, could have been similar to Lampard but everytime he plays reminded me a bit of Berbatov but without that top skill. Shame he probably has not mentality to improve or fulfill his potential, looks liek a player who just plays for the money and then goes out for a beer with his mates from high school play pool or sth

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
4 goals and 1 assist in 6 games now for stoke. If he can stay fit they could be surprise promotion contenders this year.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
4 goals and 1 assist in 6 games now for stoke. If he can stay fit they could be surprise promotion contenders this year.
From wiki
In May 2021, he won the club's end-of-season Player of the Year award with almost 60% of the votes.
Sounds like things going really well for him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I guess he’s a late bloomer. if he stays fit and this season plays out well for him I could see one of the promoted or bottom half PL teams taking a punt on him if Stoke don’t go up. I think he could still do damage at PL level. Cool to see!